shape
carat
color
clarity

Any owners of the WF Legato Sleek Line Pave? Help!

terp4life

Rough_Rock
I am seriously considering this setting because of its elegant and classy look, but i have a couple of questions that I would like to ask of any owners of this ring before i commit (no pun intended).

1) My lady wears a size 5. I notice that this ring tapers quite a bit near the stone. I don't want the ring to look too dainty or fragile. Is this ring substantial and sturdy enough?

2) Will this setting emphasize a 1 carat square stone nicely?

3) Does the stone sit at a comfortable height. I don't want it too high.

Thanks, everyone. I look forward to hearing your feedback and what you like/dislike about this setting.

=)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
If you do a search on SMTB (or google) you will see that many people have this setting. I think it is a great choice!

slopey

Rough_Rock
I ordered that exact ring and actually just picked mine up yesterday, so maybe I can give you some help. Both the stone and ring I got from WF and they really do a great job!

1) My GF wears a size 6.5, and it in no way looks fragile. The taper gives it a nice sleek and elegant look, but certainly doesn't look like it compromises any durablility.

2) The stone I ended up putting with the setting was a princess cut, and actually a little under a carat. The great thing about this ring is that the taper really accentuates the center stone. I think it actually makes it look larger than if the same stone was set in something without the taper.

3) It doesn't sit too high, and the legato head really looks nice!

All told, I think this was a beautiful choice, and I don't think you can go wrong.
Hope this helped, and good luck!

terp4life

Rough_Rock
slopey|1315420072|3011826 said:
I ordered that exact ring and actually just picked mine up yesterday, so maybe I can give you some help. Both the stone and ring I got from WF and they really do a great job!

1) My GF wears a size 6.5, and it in no way looks fragile. The taper gives it a nice sleek and elegant look, but certainly doesn't look like it compromises any durablility.

2) The stone I ended up putting with the setting was a princess cut, and actually a little under a carat. The great thing about this ring is that the taper really accentuates the center stone. I think it actually makes it look larger than if the same stone was set in something without the taper.

3) It doesn't sit too high, and the legato head really looks nice!

All told, I think this was a beautiful choice, and I don't think you can go wrong.
Hope this helped, and good luck!

Thank you so much! This really makes me feel great about my selection. I really appreciate it!

Congratulations on your engagement. I'm sure she is loving that hardware. :appl:

Supers

Shiny_Rock
I have the BGD version of the Sleek Line Pave.
I wear a 4.25 and it looks elegant without being fragile. I have a 1.28ct cushion, so I think a square would look great as well.
Not too high - just perfect height in my opinion.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is a lovely setting :)

terp4life

Rough_Rock
Thanks, folks! You've been a tremendous help. Learned more than I'd ever thought I know about diamonds and jewelry here>

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results