shape
carat
color
clarity

Any other ladies out there with big hands like me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
The promise ring I wear on my left hand it a 7 and my RHR is a 7.5. I''m positive that my promise ring is a tad too small because of the large dent in my finger that takes days to go away if I''m not wearing my ring! Haha. But my e-ring is going to be a 7.5 which I think is perfect for me. Snug, but not too tight.

I was curious about the "larger" ring size thing too. I was always told that 7 is the average but it seems like everyone here on PS has doll hands! Mine don''t look big to me, in fact they look kinda small when I compare them with other people''s hands. But I suppose my ring size is proportionate with my body. I''m pretty tall at 5''10" so I guess it works.

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
I never gave the size of my fingers - 7.5 - a single thought - until I signed on here. I wondered why my 1.38 carat diamond didn''t look as large as some of the other''s I saw, until I realized that I was looking at size 4 fingers. No wonder they all look like giant rocks. Oh well, they are the fingers I am stuck with, and they do what I want them to do, so I am not complaining.

" I once was distraught because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. "

KesVayReas

Rough_Rock

I was starting to feel like the only one with big fingers...

20.gif
I''m 22, just over 5''3, weigh between 125-135 (depending on the chocolate intake) and my ring is a size 7. Makes my diamond look much smaller I think... Separately they were a size 6 but when I had them soldered they were stuck on my finger for weeks.

Yay for the big fingered gals!! (but I still wish I had pretty little fingers, I can''t lie)

28.gif

keesrees1.jpg

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
i''m sort of a weirdo...

8.5 finger
8.5 feet
8-9 dress size
5''8.5" tall...

not difficult for my FI to remember my size(s) - no excuses!

Oh, how I long for smaller fingers! Aren''t there any finger exercises that can reduce the girth?!!
38.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I never thought my fingers were big until I came here. My pinky is a size 4, and that''s bigger than some people''s ring fingers around here! After all, 7 is the standard jewelry store ring size! My engagement ring and college class ring are a 6.75, but I wear a 7 in all my other rings because it''s so much easier not to get them sized down. What puzzles me is that people are always telling me how slender my fingers are. I''m 5''8" with a medium frame and kind of a lanky build (very long arms and big feet). My hands aren''t quite big enough to palm a basketball, but I do have a 9-inch handspan and can comfortably hit a 10th on a piano (octave +2 keys). And my hands are actually longer than most men''s if we hold them up to each other, including my fiance''s. I think I have all of you beaten on shoe size though...I wear an 11 (US), and a good proportion of that is toe. I definitely have finger-toes! I can pick stuff up with them!
3.gif

I think this pic proves that a size 7 isn''t huge!
Resize%20of%20P1010226.JPG

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 1:53:34 PM
Author: jstarfireb
I never thought my fingers were big until I came here. My pinky is a size 4, and that''s bigger than some people''s ring fingers around here! After all, 7 is the standard jewelry store ring size! My engagement ring and college class ring are a 6.75, but I wear a 7 in all my other rings because it''s so much easier not to get them sized down. What puzzles me is that people are always telling me how slender my fingers are. I''m 5''8'' with a medium frame and kind of a lanky build (very long arms and big feet). My hands aren''t quite big enough to palm a basketball, but I do have a 9-inch handspan and can comfortably hit a 10th on a piano (octave +2 keys). And my hands are actually longer than most men''s if we hold them up to each other, including my fiance''s. I think I have all of you beaten on shoe size though...I wear an 11 (US), and a good proportion of that is toe. I definitely have finger-toes! I can pick stuff up with them!
3.gif

I think this pic proves that a size 7 isn''t huge!
ME TOO!!! I''ve been playing since I was 3... I''ve always loved having my big hands for THAT!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I think I have all of you beaten on shoe size though...I wear an 11 (US), and a good proportion of that is toe.

Not all of us, I wear an 11 too. Ring size 8.75-9. I''m large-framed, too: I''m 5''9" and at my absolute thinnest adult weight (in HS) weighed 155. I''m much more than that now, but even when I do lose weight, my ring size doesn''t seem to go down much. Odd.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
i have a ring sizer, the lowest it goes is size 4...i can''t even get that over my first knuckle!
i just measured my pinky...how the heck is my pinky a 7 and my ring finger 8.5? Shouldn''t my pinky be smaller?!
23.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 7:19:51 PM
Author: Selkie

I think I have all of you beaten on shoe size though...I wear an 11 (US), and a good proportion of that is toe.

Not all of us, I wear an 11 too. Ring size 8.75-9. I''m large-framed, too: I''m 5''9'' and at my absolute thinnest adult weight (in HS) weighed 155. I''m much more than that now, but even when I do lose weight, my ring size doesn''t seem to go down much. Odd.

Yay, I''m not alone in the gigantic feet department! I always laugh when people say their size 8 or 9 feet are big.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am small boned and a shade under 5 foot 6 but three kids have left me with size 9 shoes. Occasionally I can do an 8.5 but sometimes have to go up to a 9.5! Depends on the style and on the designer but still, I used to be a 7 or 7.5 before having kids.

My hand size for gloves is between a 7 and an 8.

For thin banded rings I am a 6 or so, for thicker wider or stacked rings I can go to a scant 7. I have larger knuckles and definitely swell in the summer or if I have a lot of sodium.

Even at my thinnest (116 pounds three years ago) my knuckle size was not really that much smaller, but my finger beyond it was.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results