shape
carat
color
clarity

Any opinions on this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Aeromax

Rough_Rock
I've been looking for a nice engraved solitaire, and have been seriously toying with the idea of having an engraver make me a custom engraving on a setting of my choice. However, last night I found this setting and absolutely fell in love with it. I wrote this company, and asked if it was hand engraved or cast.

Does anyone have any experience with their rings? Any opinions on the quality?

the setting

Brilyant

Shiny_Rock
Hi Aeromax, I think that looks great. I like the angular shape of the prongs against the nice delicate touched on the ring. Good stuff.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
The engraving is very pretty, but I wanted to point our a problem: the shank curves up to the center stone, but does not touch--the gap is big enough that it might snag on things. I know that if I wore a ring with a gap like that, I'd probably catch it on stuff and bend it out of shape within weeks of receiving it!

ETA: Have you checked out Green Lake Jewelry Works? They have a few rings like what you're looking for. I'm in talks with them now for a wedding band, and I have to say that their customer service is impeccable.

Here are some of theirs you might like:
Engraved ring 1
Engraved ring 2
Engraved ring 3
Engraved ring 4

gljwrings.jpg

Aeromax

Rough_Rock
I have checked out their work, but I read in another post about what it costs, and I can''t afford their prices. I was hoping to get someone local here to engrave a ring for me also, so I could have a face-to-face consultation.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 1:05:20 PM
Author: Aeromax
I have checked out their work, but I read in another post about what it costs, and I can''t afford their prices. I was hoping to get someone local here to engrave a ring for me also, so I could have a face-to-face consultation.
Good to know. If you''re happy with the first ring, go for it. Otherwise, the board will need to know your budget range in order to help.

Aeromax

Rough_Rock
Sorry. Ideally, I''d like to spend no more than $600 on the setting. 18k white gold preferrable. I really would like a hand engraved ring, and having someone custom make one for me is appealing, but given my budget I may just have to buy whatever I find online that is ready-made.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with your thinking--that your budget really only allows buying whatever you can find. It will be pretty difficult to find someone will hand engrave a custom ring for you for $600.

However, I'm not an expert in white gold, so hopefully others that are will chime in.

Here is one from Whiteflash for $595, with a white gold shank and plat head. A different engraving style, though.

Do you see the difference with the gap issue?

WFengravedsolitaire.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never heard of the company but it looks pretty.

Aeromax

Rough_Rock
I see the difference, and I''ll have to take it into consideration. However, I am looking for something other than the typical millgrain or wheat engraving.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, Aeromax, I don''t have any feedback to offer on the vendor. I do, however, want say that semi-mount is really beautiful! It''s very unique and the price is AWESOME! I would totally order it if they have a good return policy!

Aeromax

Rough_Rock
Return policy is 30 days, but it says non-engraved items. I''m sure that probably means custom engravings, like a name or date or other text and not ready-made engravings like this one. I will find out. I''ll have servicing done at a local B&M, so Im'' not worried about that either. I just hope the quality is good.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t have experience with that vendor, but I want to say that I love the engraving on that setting, very pretty!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love engraved rings, but I would rather have a basket head so that the catheral sides actually connect to the basket as opposed to just standing up in the air. Or a non-cathedral setting. I do not think you''d get quality hand engraving unless you take it to someone like Green Lake. I''ll try to think if I know of any other settings already engraved.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
celtic-weddingrings.com has a Trinity Engagment Ring - the setting alone is $750, but maybe you can negotiate 10% off and be close to your budget. It doesn''t have the openings another poster mentioned might catch on things - good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results