shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Nutella Lovers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Is anyone else totally obsessed with nutella? I hadn''t had any in a long time and bought a jar a few weeks ago. Now I can''t stop eating it! Haha. I usually put it on toast for a special weekend breakfast.

What''s your favorite way to eat nutella?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love nutella!

I like it on pretzles, and I also make homemade milanos with it. I take sugar cookies and make sandwiches with nutella. It''s so yummy!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 12:46:19 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I love nutella!

I like it on pretzles, and I also make homemade milanos with it. I take sugar cookies and make sandwiches with nutella. It''s so yummy!
I actually work on Milanos, but no one ever listens to me when I suggest a nutella version
20.gif

My co-worker made nutella gelato with her new ice cream machine last year. She never saved any for me though
7.gif
I should convince her to make another batch.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Elrohwen - you need to get your hands on Giada''s Everyday Italian if you haven''t already. There''s a recipe in there for grilled pineapple with nutella sauce, topped with chopped hazelnuts. I haven''t tried it yet (we need to get a grill pan first), but every time I get to that page, I drool.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is this sandwich shop that makes wonderful nutella sandwiches. They cut a baguette in half fill it with Nutella and bananas and grill it in a panini press and dust it with a little cinnamon and sugar. I also love nutella and banana filled crepes.
3.gif
Or I love it straight from the spoon
18.gif
It is addicting!

eta: Elmorton, off to look for that book! hehe

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Nutella by itself is fine. The gelato version sounds promising. But I have never been able stomach Nutella on bread. I remember that my grandmother got me some when I was a little kid [in Italy] and put it on some bread. I had to spit it out - it was soooo gross! Eating it with a spoon, though, was fine. LOL!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Diamante, I'm actually the same way with peanut butter. I can't stand peanut butter in any form except directly out of the jar, on a spoon. Lol

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if you have a contrasting texture, it can be OK. So on toast and pretzles you get the crunch with the creamy nutella. I don''t think I''d like nutella on soft bread.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Elmorton, that sounds fantastic. On her show I saw her make fried nutella ravioli with a raspberry dipping sauce. I swear half of her desserts use nutella. I'll have to go check out that book!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I havn''t had it in years but I love the stuff. I don''t buy it because between my kids and I, it would be eaten in large quantities so its better to not have it in the house!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
can honestly say i hate it ...... but hubby is australian and i buy huge tubs of it for him.

mz

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh, nuteeeeelllla. love, love, love it. particularly inside a warm croissant or spread on a toasted pancake or belgian waffle.

When I was wee my mum used to own a newsagents and she used to sell, for those Brits that remember, penny trays. These were big yellow plastic trays filled with wee sweeties and chocolates and caramels that you''d buy in small paper bags and were called a 10p mix. For a whopping 5p you could buy a wee micro-tub of nutella with a plastic scoop and it was always very tasty.

grrr, I''m now going to crave nutella.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
God yes! on toast!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
With a spoon.
18.gif

DiamanteBlue, I''m glad to know I''m not the only one! For me, it''s always been a slightly guilty pleasure, but one of my favorite "Nutella in the Wild" moments came when I taught an early morning class. One of my students would just bring a jar and a spoon and go to it for breakfast. I could never decide if I was being a hypocrite or not for being faintly grossed out. I mean, on the one hand, I''ll happily have a spoonful or two! On the other hand - so not a healthy breakfast. But still delicious!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most definitely with a spoon!
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cannot. Get. Enough.
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

I usually just get a box of large pretzel rods and a jar of Nutella, and have at it!
30.gif

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
I love making crepes, drizzling in the nutella so it warms up and finishing with just som fresh sliced strawberries in the middle. then wrap it up like a little french burrito. Pure melty deliciousness!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:48:31 PM
Author: cammy85
I love making crepes, drizzling in the nutella so it warms up and finishing with just som fresh sliced strawberries in the middle. then wrap it up like a little french burrito. Pure melty deliciousness!

I need an emotie that drools. That sounds so good!

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:49:45 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 2/16/2009 3:48:31 PM
Author: cammy85

I need an emotie that drools. That sounds so good!

Oh man, is it ever... the slight acidity of the strawberries is a killer combo with the nutella. And crepes are so easy to make once you get the hang of it.

man, now i know what i want for dessert tonight...
20.gif
just what i need.
Strawberries are healthy though!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT.

And I like to try to make baked goods with it. The other day I attempted nutella cookies...didn''t turn out so well, but the nutella cake I made came out great.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I luuuurrrrvvveee European Nutella, but I've never been able to stomach the American version. I think it's because the taste and texture are very different, since the Euro version uses real sugars and better-quality chocolate, while the American version uses mainly corn syrup (at least, this was the case last time I checked). This makes me very, very sad...I wish so much that I could eat Nutella here at home...

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 12:56:27 PM
Author: Skippy123
There is this sandwich shop that makes wonderful nutella sandwiches. They cut a baguette in half fill it with Nutella and bananas and grill it in a panini press and dust it with a little cinnamon and sugar. I also love nutella and banana filled crepes.
3.gif
Or I love it straight from the spoon
18.gif
It is addicting!

eta: Elmorton, off to look for that book! hehe
Yes, please!!

I''ve tried to re-create the Parisian street version of this crepe many a time, but even with the European Nutella, I can''t quite get the crepe part right. Still so, so good! But I can''t seem to do as good of a job as those street vendors!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Nutella! It''s one of my all time favorite treats. I love it on crepes with bananas or strawberries and powdered sugar, and I love it on toast. I haven''t had it in forever though. I''m afraid that if I buy a jar of Nutella again I''ll become addicted to the stuff.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I love Nutella but I never buy it, because then I would just eat the whole jar. My brother''s fiance, who is Belgian, always has to have it in the house though.

I like it on toast, or in crepes or pancakes. But my favorite is spread in a thick layer over those danish butter cookies that come in the blue tin. Yummmm.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 4:39:35 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I LOVE Nutella! It's one of my all time favorite treats. I love it on crepes with bananas or strawberries and powdered sugar, and I love it on toast. I haven't had it in forever though. I'm afraid that if I buy a jar of Nutella again I'll become addicted to the stuff.
This is exactly what happened to me.
38.gif
The stuff is like crack.

Octavia, my jar lists real sugar, not corn syrup. It also says that it's made in Canada. So maybe they use the same recipe in Canada now?? I dunno. I can't say anything about the quality of the chocolate without comparing them side by side, but my bottle says it contains palm oil and cocoa, which means it's not actually "chocolate" since chocolate must have cocoa butter. I'd like to see what the jar of the European version says.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Happiness = me, Nutella, and a spoon.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Judging by this thread, I''m apparently missing something! I''ve never tried nutella!
32.gif

What exactly is it anyways?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 4:51:53 PM
Author: Cleopatra
Judging by this thread, I''m apparently missing something! I''ve never tried nutella!
32.gif

What exactly is it anyways?
Nutella is a chocolate-hazelnut spread. It''s a-mazing.
18.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to love it on tortillas. Called it Nutillos. Unfortunately, I suddenly became allergic a few years ago!
39.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to love it growing up and could devour an entire container straight up in one setting. I just bought 1 jar recently and am struggling to eat it. I find it too sweet now and when I looked at the ingredient list, I was shocked to see how much sugar and sweetener it contained.
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results