shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Nutella Lovers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Straight out of the jar with a spoon! It''s chocolate, it just doesn''t belong on toast
11.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 4:48:21 PM
Author: elrohwen
Date: 2/16/2009 4:39:35 PM

Author: ZoeBartlett

I LOVE Nutella! It's one of my all time favorite treats. I love it on crepes with bananas or strawberries and powdered sugar, and I love it on toast. I haven't had it in forever though. I'm afraid that if I buy a jar of Nutella again I'll become addicted to the stuff.

This is exactly what happened to me.
38.gif
The stuff is like crack.

Octavia, my jar lists real sugar, not corn syrup. It also says that it's made in Canada. So maybe they use the same recipe in Canada now?? I dunno. I can't say anything about the quality of the chocolate without comparing them side by side, but my bottle says it contains palm oil and cocoa, which means it's not actually 'chocolate' since chocolate must have cocoa butter. I'd like to see what the jar of the European version says.

Hmm, interesting -- I haven't bought any in years, but I could definitely tell the difference back then. I had spent quite a lot of time abroad, enjoying my Nutella, and when I got back it tasted like a completely different product. Sticky and sicky-sweet instead of creamy and rich. Maybe they have changed it, though...it could be time for me to try it again!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 4:30:13 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Date: 2/16/2009 12:56:27 PM

Author: Skippy123

There is this sandwich shop that makes wonderful nutella sandwiches. They cut a baguette in half fill it with Nutella and bananas and grill it in a panini press and dust it with a little cinnamon and sugar. I also love nutella and banana filled crepes.
3.gif
Or I love it straight from the spoon
18.gif
It is addicting!

eta: Elmorton, off to look for that book! hehe

Yes, please!!

I''ve tried to re-create the Parisian street version of this crepe many a time, but even with the European Nutella, I can''t quite get the crepe part right. Still so, so good! But I can''t seem to do as good of a job as those street vendors!

Those Paris street vendor crepes are TDF
18.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t stand Nutella on toast or bread in any shape or form, but I LOVE LOVE it on icecream. Go figure.
26.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 4:14:05 PM
Author: FrekeChild
LOVE IT.

And I like to try to make baked goods with it. The other day I attempted nutella cookies...didn''t turn out so well, but the nutella cake I made came out great.
Freke, I must have this recipe!!!
18.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah! I could lick it off my arm, don''t really care what its on. DH has suggested that I put it on a relative of ours'' cooking, which is entirely inedible, cooked till its dead and then another .5 hour. Nutella is the only thing that could make it palatable.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Irish! It''s on here somewhere if you do a search. Gwen and I were talking about it. There were three version of the recipe, and the 3rd one is the only one worth eating. It was a hard recipe to make, and I''m not done yet, but I need to forget what a mess the first two versions were before I attempt a 4th. :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 5:56:57 AM
Author: Deelight

Date: 2/16/2009 4:30:13 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady

Date: 2/16/2009 12:56:27 PM

Author: Skippy123

There is this sandwich shop that makes wonderful nutella sandwiches. They cut a baguette in half fill it with Nutella and bananas and grill it in a panini press and dust it with a little cinnamon and sugar. I also love nutella and banana filled crepes.
3.gif
Or I love it straight from the spoon
18.gif
It is addicting!

eta: Elmorton, off to look for that book! hehe

Yes, please!!

I''ve tried to re-create the Parisian street version of this crepe many a time, but even with the European Nutella, I can''t quite get the crepe part right. Still so, so good! But I can''t seem to do as good of a job as those street vendors!

Those Paris street vendor crepes are TDF
18.gif
Oh my GOSH, YES, they are!!!
18.gif
18.gif
Like pure bliss
3.gif
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2009 2:58:23 AM
Author: Octavia

I LOVE Nutella! It''s one of my all time favorite treats. I love it on crepes with bananas or strawberries and powdered sugar, and I love it on toast. I haven''t had it in forever though. I''m afraid that if I buy a jar of Nutella again I''ll become addicted to the stuff.

38.gif
The stuff is like crack.

Octavia, my jar lists real sugar, not corn syrup. It also says that it''s made in Canada. So maybe they use the same recipe in Canada now?? I dunno. I can''t say anything about the quality of the chocolate without comparing them side by side, but my bottle says it contains palm oil and cocoa, which means it''s not actually ''chocolate'' since chocolate must have cocoa butter. I''d like to see what the jar of the European version says.

Hmm, interesting -- I haven''t bought any in years, but I could definitely tell the difference back then. I had spent quite a lot of time abroad, enjoying my Nutella, and when I got back it tasted like a completely different product. Sticky and sicky-sweet instead of creamy and rich. Maybe they have changed it, though...it could be time for me to try it again!
I agree that it doesn''t taste creamy and rich like I remembered; just sickly sweet.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Yummmmmmm! I like it with a spoon mostly. It is also tasty with graham crackers. I once made a molten cake and topped it with Nutella and strawberries. Now THAT was good!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2009 7:02:33 PM
Irish! It''s on here somewhere if you do a search. Gwen and I were talking about it. There were three version of the recipe, and the 3rd one is the only one worth eating. It was a hard recipe to make, and I''m not done yet, but I need to forget what a mess the first two versions were before I attempt a 4th. :)
Found it! Thank ya, sweetie!
35.gif

And Skip, I got SOOOO sidetracked by your Nutella sandwich recipe in that thread!
18.gif
3.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2009 11:45:06 PM
Author: Miranda
Yummmmmmm! I like it with a spoon mostly. It is also tasty with graham crackers. I once made a molten cake and topped it with Nutella and strawberries. Now THAT was good!
OMG, Miranda!!! You''re an evil, evil woman!!!
11.gif
18.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
Does anyone else make nutella and fluff sandwiches?
30.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
No nutella and fluff sandwiches, but peanut butter and fluff sandwiches. I bet that would be fantastic though. Really sweet...More like dessert.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 9:32:06 PM
Author: Chrono
Date: 2/17/2009 2:58:23 AM

Author: Octavia

I LOVE Nutella! It''s one of my all time favorite treats. I love it on crepes with bananas or strawberries and powdered sugar, and I love it on toast. I haven''t had it in forever though. I''m afraid that if I buy a jar of Nutella again I''ll become addicted to the stuff.

38.gif
The stuff is like crack.

Octavia, my jar lists real sugar, not corn syrup. It also says that it''s made in Canada. So maybe they use the same recipe in Canada now?? I dunno. I can''t say anything about the quality of the chocolate without comparing them side by side, but my bottle says it contains palm oil and cocoa, which means it''s not actually ''chocolate'' since chocolate must have cocoa butter. I''d like to see what the jar of the European version says.

Hmm, interesting -- I haven''t bought any in years, but I could definitely tell the difference back then. I had spent quite a lot of time abroad, enjoying my Nutella, and when I got back it tasted like a completely different product. Sticky and sicky-sweet instead of creamy and rich. Maybe they have changed it, though...it could be time for me to try it again!

I agree that it doesn''t taste creamy and rich like I remembered; just sickly sweet.

Chrono It could be that the European version and the US version are different, I know US Oreo''s and Aussie Oreo''s are like night and day.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:24:19 AM
Chrono It could be that the European version and the US version are different, I know US Oreo''s and Aussie Oreo''s are like night and day.
REALLY?!?! What are Aussie Oreos like?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:39:24 AM
Date: 2/19/2009 1:24:19 AM

REALLY?!?! What are Aussie Oreos like?

Absolute CRAP, seriously they taste blah, very bland, not really chocolatey and very uninviting FI and I couldn''t understand why Americans liked Oreos and what all the fuss was about till his brother brought some from the states - OMG we fell in love
30.gif

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmm... I love Nutella! My mom made this desert with Nutella recently. It was a pizza crust spread with Nutella and topped with dark chocolate chips. It was heavenly and so quick and easy to make.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Nutella - yumm!

On a hot croissant
On crepes
On butter cookies
On ice cream (or frozen yogurt - nice contrast between warm, sweet nutella and cold, tangy yogurt)

For peanut butter lovers: mix equal amounts of peanut butter and nutella until it is just marbled. Eat with a spoon (ok, spread it on toast if you must)

But my favourite (and ever so odd) way of eating nutella is to dab some lightly on a piece of goulda cheese. Divine! And there is a scientific explanation why as well.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, guys, you twisted my arm! DH and I went grocery shopping last night, and I got a jar of Nutella and some pretzel rods!
11.gif
18.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Irish! You''ll have to tell us what you think!!!!

(I currently have 3 jars of nutella in our pantry. They were for making cake, but I quit making the cake, so now they are just sitting there. I should get some pretzels...)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 4:40:57 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 2/17/2009 7:02:33 PM
Irish! It's on here somewhere if you do a search. Gwen and I were talking about it. There were three version of the recipe, and the 3rd one is the only one worth eating. It was a hard recipe to make, and I'm not done yet, but I need to forget what a mess the first two versions were before I attempt a 4th. :)
Found it! Thank ya, sweetie!
35.gif

And Skip, I got SOOOO sidetracked by your Nutella sandwich recipe in that thread!
18.gif
3.gif
Oh geez, now I am craving that sandwich! agh!!!!
32.gif
9.gif
It is seriously good!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, I really need to go to Relish, don''t I Skippy?

I''m telling you, I''m going to make FI take me for my birthday if we don''t go before then!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:51:19 PM
You know, I really need to go to Relish, don't I Skippy?

I'm telling you, I'm going to make FI take me for my birthday if we don't go before then!
Well call ahead because I would be super sad if you went and they didn't have it that day. It is a secret sandwich and they don't always have it but the people in the know, love it. hehe
9.gif
Okay, when is your bday? Isn't it in the summer or something? That is a long time to wait.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not that long! April 22. So I only have to wait 2 months and three days!

I should just go without him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results