shape
carat
color
clarity

Any new wedding appropriate songs out there in today's music

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I'm singing a wedding in Vegas in July. The Bride mentioned Shania Twain's "From This Moment". I recall doing that one years ago (15?) and I remember the arrangement being wonky.

This Bride loves that I sound like The Little Mermaid. I don't think I would have that sound doing the Shania Twain number. Anybody have an suggestions? I don't really listen to the radio, so I have no idea about pop music these day. I can sing anything - but for weddings I think my best styles are Classical (Ave Maria, etc) and Musical Theatre.

What are you brides doing for your weddings?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re: Any new wedding appropriate songs out there in today's m

I love "From this moment"! I think it's such a romantic song.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

mayerling|1303375504|2901710 said:
I love "From this moment"! I think it's such a romantic song.

Oh, I love it too. It was originally written as a duet and comes off better that way. Oh, if Bryan White could just come out to sign with me in Vegas. Any body know him? Got a hookup?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

I'm doing Adele's "lovesong"

princesss

Ideal_Rock

What about "Lullaby" by the Dixie Chicks?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock

What about going old school? I went to a wedding not too long ago, and the vocalist sang "What a Wonderful World." It was beautiful. Another wedding solo that was pretty good was "Feels Like Home" by Chantal Kreviazuk. Some of my best solos are when I found a song originally sung by a male and switched them up.

I agree about the arrangement for "From This Moment" being wonky. It really is so much nicer as a duet.

I wish I had more ideas, but most wedding songs make me cringe because they are SO cheesy!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

The song that comes to mind from today's music would be "Marry Me" by Train. It's sung by a man with a high range and a lot of falsetto, so I think it would be fine for a female voice.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Jason Mraz - Lucky .. seems to be really popular!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

I agree with Marry me.

Honeybee - Blake Shelton is my new fav
Also by him is Who are you when I'm not lookin

kittybean

Ideal_Rock

CharmyPoo|1303692299|2904272 said:
Jason Mraz - Lucky .. seems to be really popular!
This one is definitely popular and very sweet. I have also done "I'm Yours," also by Jason Mraz, transposed up a few steps, and it sounds great with a female voice.

A song that I've sung before at a friend's wedding was "When You Say Nothing At All" by Alison Kraus. I know that one's been around for a while, but it definitely has a very sweet, emotional vibe.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I sang "answer" by sarah mclaughlin with a pianist at my best friend's wedding. It was a pretty song -- i also like "marry me" by train if you want something really modern. "When you say nothing at all" is a great song too - my best friend did her first dance to that song.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The Avett Brothers have a few great wedding tunes..."January Wedding," "Swept Away," etc. Also, a longtime favorite of mine I have always wanted to use in my wedding is "All I Have" by Beth Nielsen Chapman. Perfect for a vocal range such as yours, I think, LAJen, and a very powerful ballad along the lines of Twain's "From This Moment," imo.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

I just heard Colbie Cailat's "I Do" - that might work as well, if you're going for something cute and upbeat.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results