shape
carat
color
clarity

Any love for large melee like these? 6 pointers

kris10d

Rough_Rock
I've been searching endlessly for a ring setting that I like, and I recently discovered the HOF beloved collection. These halo diamonds are 6 POINTERS!! I haven't seen anybody on this forum prefer anything over 2. I would love to hear your opinions on this style. The bling of these are incredible!

7c8014dd76f866282aa8e3ca66281eff.jpg

beloved-open-gallery-engagement-ring-1.png

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if that's the look you love, then go for it! :wavey:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People tend to refer to the larger melee halos as "cluster" rings. If that helps your searching.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, try looking up cluster, or even "floral halo ring" on google image search as I often see that term used too.

You are right they aren't very popular on here but I love these style rings. I don't really go for delicate modern halos, but these more vintage/floral types... :love:

My ring in my avatar is an antique cluster ring - the stones in the "halo" are 15 pointers or so.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. Personal taste. You need to ❤it! But I do understand the need for feedback :). Love opinions!

I personally visually prefer smaller side stones. Small stones in an underhalo or thinner double halo. Only bc the larger halos sometimes look like a flower to me, at times. BUT, bling is great :) ;-) Certainly is far from unattractive. It's pretty. Just a matter of what makes u smile :). Bet a lot of light would bounce off of the ring!! That's always a plus!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
I think that ring is SO pretty! And it looks great on you. I ended up picking an engagement ring in a similar style (after I went to a jeweler specifically to look at their Hearts on Fire rings) - I knew I wanted good finger coverage, but we didn't have a ton of money to spend on the ring at the time. Here is a picture of my current ring - it sparkles a ton, and I love that the shape is a little bit flowery looking. I think it is hard to compare this style of ring to a more delicate halo (which I also love) - they are just totally different kinds of rings. If you love it go for it!

_37057.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kris, it does come down to personal taste.
I love cluster earrings and cluster rings. They have a romantic feel to me and when done right they are dreamy. :love:

For an ER my first choice would be a solitaire or a very fine delicate halo and not a cluster ring. However, I could definitely see where one might have a preference for a beautiful cluster ring for their ER too just because it really can be so lovely as in the 2 rings PSers shared with us above.

SandyK, I LOVE your ring. :love:

RaiKai, you already know how in love with your ring I am. :love:

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I have actually been seeing quite a few modern cluster rings on IG from boutique independent jewelers. Usually they aren't halo'd around center stone, but all clustered together in an oval, circle, etc. I recently saw a picture of a ring with them set in an oval and the ring was antiqued or blackened and it looked really cool.

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
I'm in the same boat and really trying to understand melee proportions for halo designs in relation to the size of the center stone.

I love the ring you posted and it's an example of good proportions even if the melee are a little larger than norm.
Yes they can start to look like a floral ring but I don't think this is an example of that type of halo. Cluster rings are beautiful too.

I'm learning you can go larger but there is a point where they can overpower the center stone. But if you want finger coverage or larger real estate I believe this is a lovely way to go. I am starting to see more halo's with larger melee crop up in my area. I bet there is a percentage rule of thumb and if so I would love to learn about it.

I'm designing my ring now and it's a larger stone. If I go too large with the melee it's going to look like a cocktail ring but that isn't bad either because if you're married 35 years like me, you want something different.

Good luck.

Mrs T

PS34one

Rough_Rock
Yes, I Love that style. I have a beautiful ring I custom made very similar. I'm kind of private person I don't like to post pic's of my jewelry online. (I know, total party pooper. Sorry :| ) I was trying to message some specs to you but cant figure out how to do it. If you know how ill send u a pic. Or I can just say I LOVE hearts on fire designs. I just like the look, its just super blingy. If you do it right it can have a very modern look, not cheesy clustery, because there are some not so nice looking ones... I'd steer clear of anything "trying" to like one big stone and stick with a design that compliments and accentuates the center.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Large side stones to make a floral pattern is beautiful, but as has been suggested, if the center stone isn't large then it looks more like a cluster ring, and the effect is 1) the center stone looks smaller than it is, and 2) it may look less expensive than it is. The proportions of the ring Kris (OP) posted with the hand shot are really, really nice IMO.

nojs

Shiny_Rock
This in not the same, but maybe the idea could be used to create a similar look to the ring you posted.

My wedding set has a simple solitaire (center stone "only" 0.556 ct - which is considered large where I live :D :D ) in the middle and two bands around it. It helps to add "finger coverage" but it I ever get tired of the look, I'll just switch to another band.

wp_20160408_15_22_19_pro.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the HOF ring looks gorgeous and I'm not even a big halo fan! With a plain band too, I think it would be smashing and still highlight the center stone. Are you considering those exact proportions? I agree that I've seen some here the center stone is swallowed up. I don't think that's the case with the ring you posted.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this one on Instagram and thought of your post. I think the right proportions are key. I love how this one looks.

_3348.jpeg

kris10d

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your replies! I am in fact looking for a ring of similar proportions. This example has 10 6-pointers but I have also seen a ring with 12 4-pointers. I am trying to avoid too much of a "flowerly" look which I know is more common with larger melee stones. This one is one of the best examples I've seen that aren't entirely flowerly. I think the larger outside prongs help mitigate this. I went back and tried to on again because I loved the look so much. It really does give off incredible light.

attach48424_20160418_204421.jpg

attach48435_20160418_204421.jpg

attach48435_20160418_0.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gosh I love these flower style halo's. Very feminine, just so pretty!

cheers--Sharon

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My post disappeared! Here is mine, it's from James Allen. It doesn't look like a cluster to me at all.

_1150.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results