shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Kansas City people?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
I have a friend who is loking for a ring. I''ve pointed him towards GOG and Whiteflash, but he wants to look locally at B & M''s too. Any advice for KC stores? I live in St. louis, and I don''t want to make him drive all this way.
Also, if he decides to try whiteflash, he''ll probably want to call and express his needs..I can''t remember who he should ask for. I remember someone telling me once..is it Micheal?

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Your friend might try

http://abrilliantchoice.com/

and

http://www.mjewelry.com/

and there''s also Tivols. But Tivols is pricey.

And there''s another one. A small jeweler/design shop that I can''t remember the name right now. If I think of it, I''ll post it for you.

TCBug

Rough_Rock
Tivol in KC for sure. (It''s on the Plaza.) If he''s willing to travel to Wichita, he should check out Burnell''s, Barrier''s and Signature.

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 12:34:57 AM
Author: Finding_Neverland
Your friend might try

http://abrilliantchoice.com/

and

http://www.mjewelry.com/

and there''s also Tivols. But Tivols is pricey.

And there''s another one. A small jeweler/design shop that I can''t remember the name right now. If I think of it, I''ll post it for you.
THANKS!! Even if you can''t remember the name of that other place, if you know where it is, maybe that''s help him.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I like Toner Jewelry -- their prices are not as high as many B&M''s and they are familiar with AGS0''s, although they don''t typically stock them. Honestly, most of the jewelers in KC don''t stock AGS0''s, and they will try to talk him out of them. Tivol will be accommodating, but they will be higher $$$.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been to Toner''s. I got the feeling it was a rip off place.

The guy tried to push a not so good cut H/SI on me. The stone was so included with pinpoints it should have been an I clarity. There was no sparkle at all. That diamond was oddly opalescent.

That''s why I didn''t suggest them.

Tivol''s is VERY pricey.

Here''s the one I couldn''t think of:

Jewelry by Design

They do carry Ideals. They have some in stock and they will call stones in for you. They are heavy into consumer education there. And the designer, Phillip Voetsch, does some really nice work too.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 4:36:34 PM

The guy tried to push a not so good cut H/SI on me. The stone was so included with pinpoints it should have been an I clarity. There was no sparkle at all. That diamond was oddly opalescent.

Tivol''s is VERY pricey.

Jewelry by Design

They do carry Ideals. They have some in stock and they will call stones in for you. They are heavy into consumer education there. And the designer, Phillip Voetsch, does some really nice work too.

Oh, gee. I''m sorry to hear that. I''ve had really good luck with them, but then, they set a diamond for me I got on line -- I didn''t actually buy a diamond there. I know they are familiar with AGS0''s because I talked to them about them.

I had a bad experience with Brilliant Choice. I actually had money to spend and they would not sell me a diamond because I was "used to" my 2 carat pear and didn''t think I''d be satisfied with something smaller, then argued with me about the specs I was looking for. Oh, well.

I honestly don''t think Kansas City is really much of a jewelry city, over all. There are areas where you see big jewels, but by and large, it''s not like New York or Dallas or Houston.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 6:37:23 PM
Author: lumpkin
Date: 3/1/2007 4:36:34 PM

Tivol''s is VERY pricey.

Jewelry by Design

Oh, gee. I''m sorry to hear that. I''ve had really good luck with them, but then, they set a diamond for me I got on line -- I didn''t actually buy a diamond there. I know they are familiar with AGS0''s because I talked to them about them.

I had a bad experience with Brilliant Choice. I actually had money to spend and they would not sell me a diamond because I was ''used to'' my 2 carat pear and didn''t think I''d be satisfied with something smaller, then argued with me about the specs I was looking for. Oh, well.

I honestly don''t think Kansas City is really much of a jewelry city, over all. There are areas where you see big jewels, but by and large, it''s not like New York or Dallas or Houston.

Maybe I just caught the guy at Toner''s on a bad day. You never know. There was a "regular" in there upgrading his wife''s diamond for the umpteenth time. Could be he had them a bit flustered.

I didn''t have a bad experience at Brilliant Choice. It was just a diamond viewing experience. BC is really more of an "appointment" type place and we didn''t have an appointment. So we had to wait in between the lady waiting on another lady who did have an appointment. But at least I did get to see some diamonds, various levels of cut qualities, and such.

I actually know the guy that owns Meierotto''s. We''ve crossed paths at coin shows. I haven''t actually shopped there, but if you''re in NKC, that''s THE place to go.

The best place that I liked most,......... felt most comfortable,.......... seemed like they were really into stones and design was Jewelry by Design. They carry Ideals. Can tell you all about them. Really into consumer education. Really into helping you the best bang for your buck. Maybe you don''t actually need an Ideal but want a real sparkler for the money, Jewelry by Design can help you find it.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
My gosh, Meierotto''s is huge! They had some beautiful things when I was there about 5 years ago, but I didn''t know very much about diamonds then so it was more of a "let''s go see what the buzz is about" kind of trip. I wasn''t there to buy. I do remember being really impressed.

murphslaw1978

Rough_Rock
I recommend checking out the local B&Ms, but once finished with that, I flew from Chicago to NY for $120 to see what GOG had. I was thrilled and ended up buying from them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results