shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Juste un Clou Owners???

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I have come across a Rose gold with diamonds juste un clou bracelet for a good price, however it has no paperwork. It is being sold by a jeweller who deals in luxury watches but is selling this for a client. He has a good reputation and I don't think he would intentionally sell a fake but would love some opinions as it is still a fair bit to spend.
Here are some pics;

_28114.jpg

_28115.jpg

_28116.jpg

_28117.jpg

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gosh, that's a lovely one!

Are you a member at Purse Forum? That's a pretty good place for authentication of jewelry pieces ...

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Secret,
I have posted on the authenticate this thread on purseforum but haven't heard anything yet. I did post on the juste un clou bracelet thread and someone did answer who has one from 2014 who says the markings are different/in a different order. I just wanted other opinions before deciding to purchase or not. There is no Cartier in Ireland, otherwise I'd get and ask them to polish/engrave and still be within the return period.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Markings are not the same forever, so you can't go by a 2014 one if the bracelet wasn't made in 2014. It certainly looks authentic. Too bad it isn't coming with paperwork. I never understand why anyone wouldn't keep original paperwork and be sure it goes with the item if sold. It increases value and makes the item easier to sell. So that is the only reason for suspicion.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh goodness, this is my dream bracelet. I understand that you are tempted!

The lack of original paperwork is a mental challenge to be sure--but as I shop for Estate pieces I realize how lucky I am when documents are part of the deal. It is not common!

cheers--Sharon

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1426776407|3849523 said:
Markings are not the same forever, so you can't go by a 2014 one if the bracelet wasn't made in 2014. It certainly looks authentic. Too bad it isn't coming with paperwork. I never understand why anyone wouldn't keep original paperwork and be sure it goes with the item if sold. It increases value and makes the item easier to sell. So that is the only reason for suspicion.

This!! However this is also the reason it is going for a better price.
Sharon have you purchased without paper-work before? There is a good return policy on this but I just don't know who could authenticate here in Ireland. Do Cartier only engrave authentic pieces? I could send to my brother who lives in England and ask him to get engraved. If they refuse then I'll know for sure. Ahh the dilemma!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scarlett1|1426786815|3849628 said:
diamondseeker2006|1426776407|3849523 said:

This!! However this is also the reason it is going for a better price.
Sharon have you purchased without paper-work before? There is a good return policy on this but I just don't know who could authenticate here in Ireland. Do Cartier only engrave authentic pieces? I could send to my brother who lives in England and ask him to get engraved. If they refuse then I'll know for sure. Ahh the dilemma!!!

Scarlett:

I have. In my early days on PS, "Signed Pieces" was my go-to for branded Estate and from them I purchased one Cartier rolling ring (the Constellation, long retired ) and two Tiffany pieces (platinum diamond cross and a Gehry bangle) without paperwork. More recently my Tiffany Victoria diamond and aqua earrings are from Oakgem and had no paperwork. Further, I purchased a Tiffany Gehry bangle from 66 Mint again without paperwork. I put my faith in the Vendors who buy large and valuable Estate pieces for a living.

That said, because I am particular about specs when it comes to rings--I would NOT purchase an Estate branded diamond engagement ring or large colored stone ring without original paperwork.

That bracelet is a knockout. I LOVELOVELOVE it. :love: It looks pristine. And looks like the real thing but of course, I have no way of knowing.

Can you call Cartier and ask what their policy for authenticating is? I have always had the best customer service from them.

I will be following your thread!!!!! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Sharon. I will ring Cartier tomorrow and see what they say. Hopefully they may be able to authenticate for me.

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Sharon, thank you so much for your advice. I spoke to a lovely lady at Cartier today who told me to bring the bracelet into one of their London Botiques, where one of their associates will authenticate for me. She also stated that they will provide me with a valuation for insurance purposes which can act as proof of authenticity. My brother works in London and happens to be home next weekend, so I can give him the bracelet and he can drop it into Cartier for me. If it doesn't work out, I'll still be within the return period, and if it does I'll be one very happy lady. I am hoping to pass this onto my daughter and the Rose gold and diamond is made for her as Rose is part of her name and diamond is her birth stone, so really hoping it works out. The seller has very kindly put the bracelet on hold for me over the weekend to let me think about it, but will probably purchase on Monday.
Thanks again,
Scarlett.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! It is great to hear that Cartier is good about authenticating second hand pieces!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I'm delighted and a bit surprised to be honest. But it seems quite a lot of people don't hold onto the paperwork and then have a hard time insuring so I was told. Fingers crossed it works out now!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Scarlett:

What a pleasure to be of service! Congratulations! :love: Keep us informed as to your final decision. Then, I would love to see wrist shots!

Cartier ROCKS. Full stop!! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Sharon. I am nearly certain that I will purchase, especially now that I know it can be authenticated. I will keep ye updated!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Any updates??

cheers--Sharon

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry Sharon, only saw your post now. Just came back to update that it is.....
100% AUTHENTIC :appl:
I am absolutely delighted!! It just arrived back from Cartier today. I was in touch with a fab sales assistance who made an appointment for my brother to come in with the bracelet to have authenticated. My brother said the sales assistant immediately was confident it was authentic, by the weight, quality and markings alone. They then inspected further and ran the serial number and were 100% positive that it is authentic. Cartier then created a valuation cert, where it states that the bracelet was examined by a Cartier assosciate who determined that it is an authentic Cartier piece. Cartier then posted the bracelet along with valuation cert back to me.
I got this for an absolute steal and Sharon I want to thank you so so much for your advice. I never would have thought of contacting Cartier to see if they'd authenticate , so I thank you, thank you,thank you :wavey:
The bracelet is absolutely stunning, I just adore her and is so comfortable to wear.
Here are a few pics, just need to figure out the best way to wear her now, nail head up or down :confused: . Ha the dilemma :shifty:

_29025.jpg

_29027.jpg

_29026.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scarlett1|1428953298|3861374 said:
So sorry Sharon, only saw your post now. Just came back to update that it is.....
I am absolutely delighted!! It just arrived back from Cartier today. I was in touch with a fab sales assistance who made an appointment for my brother to come in with the bracelet to have authenticated. My brother said the sales assistant immediately was confident it was authentic, by the weight, quality and markings alone. They then inspected further and ran the serial number and were 100% positive that it is authentic. Cartier then created a valuation cert, where it states that the bracelet was examined by a Cartier assosciate who determined that it is an authentic Cartier piece. Cartier then posted the bracelet along with valuation cert back to me.
I got this for an absolute steal and Sharon I want to thank you so so much for your advice. I never would have thought of contacting Cartier to see if they'd authenticate , so I thank you, thank you,thank you :wavey:
The bracelet is absolutely stunning, I just adore her and is so comfortable to wear.
Here are a few pics, just need to figure out the best way to wear her now, nail head up or down :confused: . Ha the dilemma :shifty:

Scarlett:

I am SO happy for you! I LOVE this bracelet and am dying of jealousy!!! :saint: :bigsmile:

CARTIER RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :love:

FWIW, when I tried the bracelet on, I preferred it as you have it in the second picture..nail head up/first..

Wear it in health!!

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one gorgeous bracelet.. I love this style.. congratulations.. I don't think it matters which way you wear it.. it's one hell of a classic piece.. wonderful to look at!!! lucky you!!!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Ah thanks so much ladies ;-) , Cartier definitely rocks :dance:
Am over the moon :lol:

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That is stunning! Now I've seen the photos, I'm not sur whether the Cartier Love bracelet is still my dream bracelet.
Congratulations on your amazing buy! :appl:

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Zizzy. I much prefer this design to the love, I think the fact you can take it on and off appeals to me more and it's a bit edgier .

momrings75

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am afraid this bracelet is fake. I recently bought a nail bracelet off eBay, and it had same serial number XG5088. Cartier store in USA said this serial number belongs to a rose gold LOVE bracelet, a completely different piece. Moreover, there is someone on eBay selling another nail bracelet with same XG5088 serial number. Both are size 16, yellow gold with diamonds. According to cartier website, "... no two jewelry items have same serial number", so the bracelets are fake. I sent mine in for refund today. :(

img_10799.jpg

screen_shot_2016-02-16_at_7.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! That is wonderful news.
and I am impressed with Cartier for being willing to authenticate. Try that at TIffany! lol
[Although if you have work done on a piece they will only complete the order if it is theirs].
Good for Cartier.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Great news! And it looks absolutely gorgeous on you!! :love: I have the love cuff which I adore and never take off but seeing your new bracelet I think I need to add it to my wish list lol ;))

realmendocry

Rough_Rock
s-l504.jpg s-l505.jpg
Anyone have comments on this Juste un clou...Looks really genuine.
Any assistance will be appreciated..

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am absolutely delighted!! It just arrived back from Cartier today.

What a wonderful story! Congratulations, Scarlett!

Deb/AGBF :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoops! I went back to the beginning (as I do with a thread) and read it in order. Sorry, realmendocry. That didn't help you. I will look at your posting.

Deb

Edited to add: Where is the photograph from and what more do you know about it? What supporting evidence does it have?

realmendocry

Rough_Rock
Whoops! I went back to the beginning (as I do with a thread) and read it in order. Sorry, realmendocry. That didn't help you. I will look at your posting.

Deb

Edited to add: Where is the photograph from and what more do you know about it? What supporting evidence does it have?

Photos from Ebay and I just purchased the product, but after purchasing it, i noticed another listing with the same descriptions, size and color and they also have COA from Cartier. My dream bracelet could turns into nightmare.

Thanks for reading my post

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results