shape
carat
color
clarity

Any jewelry estate stores in NJ?

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
last week we went to GOG and now for another estate jewelry store? In or around NJ. Any suggestions

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Old World Diamonds. It's like the pinnacle of antique and estate. Seriously. Owner is Adam, give him a call.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes my favorite estate jewelry shop is in Lambertville NJ Park Place Jewelers. I bought most of my jewelry in the last 15 years from them. They have gorgeous bling and great taste and are lovely women in addition! Highly recommend a visit and in fact let me know if you are going because perhaps I will take a trip there and say hi.

Also highly recommend Adam at OWD but he has mainly loose stones. Still TDF and the best selection of antique diamonds around IMO. And also he is a real gem in person. A wonderful guy!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Awesome! My parents are taking my daughters out for the day and My 11 year old requested to go antique jewelry hunting. We spent hours at GOG and love it. Lambertville would be a nice day trip for them. Thanks!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another possibilty: H1912 on Nassau Street in Princeton:
http://www.h1912.com

Princeton could be a detour en route to/from Lambertville -- or a fun day trip destination in its own right, and easily coupled with a visit to the wonderful Grounds for Sculpture on the site of NJ's original State Fairgrounds in Hamilton; Grounds for Sculpture is far from "stuffy" & is great for kids of all ages :))
http://www.groundsforsculpture.org

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Staceyjan|1457875455|4004410 said:
Awesome! My parents are taking my daughters out for the day and My 11 year old requested to go antique jewelry hunting. We spent hours at GOG and love it. Lambertville would be a nice day trip for them. Thanks!

You are very welcome! Tell Barbara and Toni that Melissa and Greg say hi. :wavey:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In your experience, missy, is there "wriggle room" on Park Place's pricing? I seem to remember thinking their prices were high, but I didn't ask if they could "do better" because that was when my son was in college, and my wallet wasn't large enough to permit jewelry self-indulgences anyway ;))

Hope you don't mind me asking missy this question in your thread, Staceyjan.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1457878751|4004438 said:
In your experience, missy, is there "wriggle room" on Park Place's pricing? I seem to remember thinking their prices were high, but I didn't ask if they could "do better" because that was when my son was in college, and my wallet wasn't large enough to permit jewelry self-indulgences anyway ;))

Hope you don't mind me asking missy this question in your thread, Staceyjan.

Molly, no wiggle room. Barbara gives repeat customers 10% off but that's it. No negotiation because she states she asks fair prices in the first place unlike other Jewelers who ask outrageous prices and then they are willing to negotiate of course. Barbara's prices are not marked up as much as other Jewelers so she doesn't negotiate.

If Stacey or you or any other PSer tell her you are friends with me she may give you 10% off too if you are a new customer but I cannot promise. 10% off is not bad and adds up. HTH.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ever so much, missy!

(Although at the time their prices, like Lang, struck me as notably above the market's going rates for estate-vintage-antique jewelry -- which was why I spent more time browsing at H1912 after dropping my son off at his dorm -- that was some years ago. And the marketplace has changed, e.g., my eyebrows no longer shoot up when sauntering through Lang's web site.)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone said:
Thanks ever so much, missy!

(Although I thought at the time their prices, like Lang, were notably above the market's going rates for estate-vintage-antique jewelry -- which was why I spent more time browsing at H1912 after dropping my son off -- that was some years ago. And the marketplace has changed, e.g., my eyebrows no longer shoot up when sauntering through Lang's web site.)

You are very welcome!

And Ha Molly I totally get what you mean and ditto. Omg I thought how expensive and then I became a bit desensitized I suppose and just got my latest pair of earrings from Lang. And somehow it seemed reasonable but thinking about it I'm like when did that much money become reasonable for small diamond earrings lol. :lol:

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! My family is off and we will see where they will end up and what they will buy! My parents love antiques so it would be great if DDs came home with some jewels. I thought about the grounds for sculpture (went to an amazing wedding there a few years ago) but thought it was too much walking for my parents. Great idea, tho.

OT - but does anyone know if there is a restaurant located on ship? I vaguely remember going there many years ago? If so, what is the name of it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results