shape
carat
color
clarity

Any initial red flags with this stone?

brimley

Rough_Rock
Hello again everyone and thank you for your help thus far.

I found a decent seeming stone on Blue Nile and I may purchase it with the foreknowledge that there is a good chance I will need to return it after evaluating its light performance in person. However, I was wondering if there are any initial red flags that I am missing. Here is a link to the GIA report:

https://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=2151856258

And here is an image I was able to obtain from Blue Nile:

photo__1__15.jpg

The price is $10,483.

Thanks!

Edit: HCA = 1.4

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would get an IDEALSCOPE image on any 60/60 personally. So take it to an appraiser once you have it and have them do one.

https://www.pricescope.com/appraisers List of appraisers. Stick to the list. These are independent, and that's what you need. Don't go to a retail appraiser. That's always bad news.

brimley

Rough_Rock
I guess I'm confused about the significance of 60/60. From reading the linked explanation of 60/60, it sounds like 60/60 doesn't really mean anything.

Gypsy - however, you said you would get an IS image for a 60/60 - but wouldn't you get an IS for any diamond?

Not physically hearing the way the 60/60 comments are being said is why I'm slightly confused.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the crystal mentioned in the GIA report on the table? I see something, but it might very well be dust. The only reason I mention it is because I just purchased a VS2 with a small crystal on the table that reflects multiple times off the facets. Of course, it can only be seen with a loupe, but it's good to find out how it shows up.

brimley

Rough_Rock
Jimmianne|1394136827|3628802 said:
Is the crystal mentioned in the GIA report on the table? I see something, but it might very well be dust. The only reason I mention it is because I just purchased a VS2 with a small crystal on the table that reflects multiple times off the facets. Of course, it can only be seen with a loupe, but it's good to find out how it shows up.
If you are referring to the inclusion just northwest of center, then that is a crystal shown on the report. I also see something in the bottom right that I do not see on the report, so I am assuming that is either dust or a reflection of the crystal in the center.

Edit: I didn't understand your question at first. I don't know if it is on the table or not.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK. Mine is just under the table. Sometimes it looks white and sometimes it looks black. It reflects in the facets so at first I thought I had a whole cluster of inclusions [seen only with the loupe though]. I mentioned it because when I saw mine in person I was a bit thrown by it.
But I am just learning, so I hope my comment was seen as useful rather than nit-picking or being negative. =)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Useless picture.

brimley

Rough_Rock
Jimmianne|1394140520|3628846 said:
OK. Mine is just under the table. Sometimes it looks white and sometimes it looks black. It reflects in the facets so at first I thought I had a whole cluster of inclusions [seen only with the loupe though]. I mentioned it because when I saw mine in person I was a bit thrown by it.
But I am just learning, so I hope my comment was seen as useful rather than nit-picking or being negative. =)
Your comment was not at all seen by me as negative or nit-picking. These details are what I need to know. As of now I am receiving both this stone and a loupe tomorrow, so we will see. Despite the inclusion just below the table and the cluster of reflections, does your stone remain completely eye clean? I wasn't sure if you were saying that or not.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, totally eye clean. Visible only under a 10x loupe.

edit: by the way...little dots or not, my little diamond is absolutely gorgeous :love:

I'll bet your 1.51 will be fantastic. Looking forward to the report!

30yearsofdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Just checked the GIA plot and your photo. There is a crystal and a cloud under the table and they are both together. In the photo they are located at 11:00 under the table. The stone is pretty dirty and everything else that you might think is an inclusion is dirt. The indented natural is insignificant to the clarity and the stone. Even though you have an excellent cut the crown angles are a little shallow for me and prefer an excellent cut with 34-35.5 crown angles. Shallower crown angles will give you less light dispersion (colors of the rainbow).

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock
I second Gypsy's comment. Did you get an idealscope image yet? You should post it if you have so that we can look at it.

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock
The idealscope image is red and looks like my avatar by the way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results