shape
carat
color
clarity

Any info on cut would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alcarbon

Rough_Rock
From the numbers and info given below are there any red flags or anything out of proportion regarding cut? Is table width/depthAny help would be greatly appreciated!

princess 1.5 cts
6.54 - 6.14 x 4.60 mm.
total depth 74.9%
table width 70%
crown height 9%
pavilion depth 63%
girdle thickness "medium polished"
polish very good
symmetry very good
fluerescence none

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/15/2005 12:05:09 AM
Author:alcarbon

From the numbers and info given below are there any red flags or anything out of proportion regarding cut? Is table width/depthAny help would be greatly appreciated!

princess 1.5 cts
6.54 - 6.14 x 4.60 mm.
total depth 74.9%
table width 70%
crown height 9%
pavilion depth 63%
girdle thickness ''medium polished''

polish very good
symmetry very good
fluerescence none

Hi alcarbon,

Its a decent start. Here are my thoughts as I read these specs...

1.07:1 ratio ... will not be a square princess cut. As princess cuts get rectangular the chances for leakage increase, generally happening along the sides of the stone and under the table. Not always though as this will depend upon the knowledge of 2 sets of crown angles and 2 sets of pavilion angles (not provided).

74.9 depth ... not bad.
70% table ... = good depth/table combo to start off with but no guarantee
9% crown height ... not a good sign considering the depth. I''d prefer to see this higher, like more around the 11-15% zone BUT proper angles could help alleviate this (again unknown)
63% pavilion ... good to know but really need the angles
girdle ... just fine.
polish/symmetry/fluorescence ... excellent

For an online purchase there are really too many unknowns about this stone for me to counsel you to spend your hard earned money on.

A Sarin 3d model would be preferred. Sorry if this isn''t what you wanted to hear but with princess cuts this is insufficient data.

Kind regards,

alcarbon

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply! It''s from a neighborhood B&M and I asked them to send it to GIA (it has EGL) not knowing at the time that AGS might have been the better request. I feel I should be loyal to them as they have sold me two stainless steel Daytonas over a small period of time. For those not familiar, the Rolex SS Daytona is the hardest watch to find at retail. Problem is they have a hard time finding me a good compromise diamond where I would take maybe a G-H, vs1-2 and get a little more size than the E VVS2 that is in question. The stone is 1.5 crt, but I''m sure I can get closer to 2 with other criteria. These seem to be the hardest to get according to them, at least in that size (1.5-2.0)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO I don't think loyalty to anyone selling anything is wise.
Look what it did to GM.

Always shop around.
The market may have changed or the seller you are loyal to may not specialize in what you are looking for this time.

If they still have the best blend of quality, price and service THEN give them your business.

alcarbon

Rough_Rock
Good point Kenny, thanks!

I''m in Chicago and the shop I''m talking about is Fey & Co. in LaGrange. They just opened their 3rd store downtown, so they are somewhat of a chain I guess...
If anyone has a good source in the Chicagoland area please let me know. I have recently started looking at some of the online sites mentioned here too, but have yet to see that 1.5 ct or so that has my criteria. In addition, making such an expensive purchase online without seeing in person kinda scares me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results