shape
carat
color
clarity

Any incentives from WF for PS members?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
All diamonds at WF have a discount when PS is mentioned. The amount discounted varies, depending on your selection, but it''s generally from 2% to 5%.

All discounted prices are bank wire prices.

Happy holidays!

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so when I call, I mention PS, and the discounted price is contingent on doing a wire transfer...?

where do most people complete wires?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2004 1:53:46 PM
Author: chris143007
Ok, so when I call, I mention PS, and the discounted price is contingent on doing a wire transfer...?

Chris,

Yes. Correct and correct.
You can usually do a wire through your bank.

Date: 12/13/2004 1:47:10 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
All diamonds at WF have a discount when PS is mentioned. The amount discounted varies, depending on your selection, but it''s generally from 2% to 5%.

Happy holidays!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
sounds good to me
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

WFPaveChampagne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/13/2004 1:47:10 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

Happy holidays!
When PS is simply mentioned, or a discount is asked for?

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Q - When PS is simply mentioned, or a discount is asked for?

A - Just mention Pricescope. Of course it does not hurt to ask if you get the Pricescope discount?

WFPaveChampagne

Shiny_Rock
hmmmm..... It''s already paid for so it doesn''t matter, just curious. I would have bought through WF anyway...they (Lesley) was great to us! Now, if only the mailman would hurry up and get it to my door!!!

esqknight

Rough_Rock
I''m not really clear on the Pricescope/wire discount.

Is this a special discount only for Pricescope members who wire payment or can anyone get the same discount if they wire the money instead of using a credit card?

Later,
Eric

researcher

Ideal_Rock
My understanding is there''s already a wire discount available, but PS members get an additional discount. I may be wrong, but I don''t think so....

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Not sure why this has been cloudy up to now -- or at least-- I haven't seen it specified here, but....

Doing the math on 2 diamonds, anyway, it looks like to me that Researcher is correct, and -- although you will be required to use wire transfer -- the mention of Pricescope should get you an extra 1/2 percent.

Check the pricing on the Search by Cut (or, I suppose, Quick search), and compare the listed price on Pricescope's database, as against the listed price when you bring up the page at Whiteflash, and then when you go to check yourself out, it's specified you can cut yourself a 2% discount by using wire transfer...which is not quite as good as the Pricescope listed price.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You know ... while this doesn''t pertain to us I get drilled on this question frequently and would like some clarification myself.

Question 1: If a person from PS calls and pays via bankwire and DOES NOT mention PS ... do they still get the discount?

Question 2: What exactly is the difference between the PS discount and a bankwire discount?

Peace,

esqknight

Rough_Rock
Still looking for a clarification on the difference between a regular wire discount and Pricescope wire discount.

Eric

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2005 10:21:50 AM
Author: esqknight
Still looking for a clarification on the difference between a regular wire discount and Pricescope wire discount.

Eric
Eric, it seems to me that if you have questions about a vendor''s pricing structure, the most logical place to resolve those questions is to actually call the vendor himself.

Is there some reason you cannot pick up the phone and get clarification from Whiteflash on this? It''s their pricing....it seems they are the right place to ask.

esqknight

Rough_Rock
First, this wasn't originally and isn't only my question. (Someone else started the topic and Rhino posed the clarification question. I just revived the thread because it died rather than being concluded.)

Second, since it specifically involves a Pricescope discount, this seems like a good place to have it answered.

Third, if I were to have the question answered privately either by telephone or email, the information would not be available for others with the same question who might search the forum archives.

Later,
Eric

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2005 11:13:48 AM

Second, since it specifically involves a Pricescope discount, this seems like a good place to have it answered.

Third, if I were to have the question answered privately either by telephone or email, the information would not be available for others with the same question who might search the forum archives.

Yes it involves PScope, but what would be REALLY helpful would be if someone who cares would call and ask WF and then post it on the forum.

Rather than re-asking the Q again of consumers who already tried to answer it in the best way they knew how...your best bet is to call the source. I totally agree there.

Call WF, get the answer, post it on the forum. Simple!

Oh and don''t worry about the forum archives, no one uses those things anyway.
20.gif
9.gif

esqknight

Rough_Rock
I figured John might post answers to Rhino's questions since he had made an earlier post in this thread.

I'll try sending off an email with the question and will post the response here. I'm at work, so email communication on non-work-related matters works better than telephone for me.

Have a nice lunch for everyone on EST.

Later,
Eric

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eric,
Let us know what you find out.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2005 11:13:48 AM

First, this wasn't originally and isn't only my question. (Someone else started the topic and Rhino posed the clarification question. I just revived the thread because it died rather than being concluded.)

No, it wasn't only your question.....but you're the only one I noticed saying you're still not clear...hence addressed to you.

Regarding your "second", the question *was* answered already by John above:

"All diamonds at WF have a discount when PS is mentioned. The amount discounted varies, depending on your selection, but it's generally from 2% to 5%. All discounted prices are bank wire prices."

Regarding your "third", as Mara mentioned, all you have to do is post the response you're given and problem solved....it's there for everyone, although in my years here, I've not seen many people actually use the archives to search for such information. Typically, the question is just reraised.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2005 12:28
6.gif
7 PM

I figured John might post answers to Rhino''s questions since he had made an earlier post in this thread.
It seems to me he already answered the question (even before Rhino asked it):

"The amount discounted varies, depending on your selection, but it''s generally from 2% to 5%."

Rhino''s question is "exactly how much", and the answer seems to be "there IS no "exactly" because it varies."

This means that how much discount they are able to give depends on the selection made....it''s not a static amount or percentage. I''m sure much of it depends on how well they were able to do on the purchase end....if they purchased in enough volume at a time when prices were somewhat low and the market rises when they get stones to market, it stands to reason they can discount a bit more and still do ok.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I can see that it was answered but I am siding withesqknight on this one. I am not sure what the response meant due to wording issues it could be read in more then one way. I dont like making assumptions it makes me nervous. Rhino put it best IMO and I am still intreasted in exactly what gets said. Thanks for taking the time to ask esqknight, I will be very intreasted in the reply to this one!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2005 2
6.gif
6:35 PM
Author: aljdewey

the question was answered already by John above:
I personally think you and John are both swell, but I don''t see how the variation....

"generally from 2% to 5%....."

squares with the printed prices in the Pricescope presentation of prices, on its Search by Cut or Quick search databases.

in another thread, John mentions that the Jewelry cleaning solution can be Fed Exed to a home, whereas the web site doesn''t give that option.

It''s possible these procedures are the focus of another area of Whiteflash, in which case John may be mistaken...or they may have flexibility in some of these things...made manifest on the phone. I''m not sure which of these two is true, but I''m guessing one of them is.

I''d say the issue was taxing, except for the date.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have sent an email to WF asking for clarification as well with no response and I sent that around 4-5 days ago. The reason I''d like clarification on the forum is so I can stop getting hammered for additional PS discounts when in fact it appears there is none. My questions stand ...

Question 1: If a person from PS calls and pays via bankwire and DOES NOT mention PS ... do they still get the discount?
Question 2: What exactly is the difference between the PS discount and a bankwire discount?

From the responses of the posters it appears there is still confusion. If you know the answers by all means please answer.

If I''m to take John''s and Bob''s words at face value these are the thoughts running through my head (and apparently everyone else asking)...

"All diamonds at WF have a discount when PS is mentioned." (This says *there is* a PS discount).
"All discounted prices are bank wire prices." (Does this mean there is an additional bank wire discount offered on top of the bank wire discount or is it *just* the bank wire discount? Or ... does this mean that a person gets the bank wire discount price (even if they pay with cc) becuase they mentioned PS?) If its simply the bank wire discount, then there is really no PS discount. In this case the PS discount is simply another way of saying we''re going to give you a bank wire discount IF YOU PAY via bank wire. If this is the case why lead people to believe they''re getting a *better* price by mentioning PS when in fact they''ll get the better price anyhow if they just pay via bankwire?

According to John''s response here it appears the bank wire discount IS the PS discount.

Date: 12/13/2004 1:53:46 PM
Author: chris143007
Chris,
Yes. Correct and correct.
You can usually do a wire through your bank.

John

Then Bob writes in response to another question...

Q - When PS is simply mentioned, or a discount is asked for?
A - Just mention Pricescope. Of course it does not hurt to ask if you get the Pricescope discount?

Hence my question ... If a person calls and pays via a wire and they DO NOT mention PS do they pay the bank wire discount price or is their paying that price *dependant* or *contingent* upon them mentioning PS?

Forgive me for speaking plainly but in the interest of calling a spade a spade let''s quit the semantic gymnastics here and get some straightforward answers. It appears WF clients are not clear on this issue as well as I read the responses of researcher, kaleigh, esqknight & IheartWF.

I have other questions regarding some vendor policies I''d like addressed publicly as well but one step at a time.

I look forward to your answers John or Bob.

guslik

Shiny_Rock
I was told that when you mention Pricescope they will sell you the stone at the price it was listed for on Pricescope IF YOU PAY with Wire transfer, because prices listed on Pricescope are CASH prices. If you want to pay with Credit card the price will be higher than price listed on Pricescope.
Hope it helps
P.S. I don’t know if they will give you wire discount if you do not mention Pricescope, because I mentioned Pricescope right away.
2.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was just notified by another forum member that most of the WF cheese is out and that John is out teaching music again so we may not see a response here in a while. From what I gather its simply the bank wire discount which is what I thought but wasn''t totallly sure about. Thanks for that input guslik.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2005 4:12:36 PM
Author: Rhino
From what I gather its simply the bank wire discount which is what I thought but wasn''t totallly sure about. Thanks for that input guslik.
Looking at the prices in Pricescope, and reading Guslik''s last post, it seems like bank wire plus 1/2 % to me...otherwise, the posted prices in Pricescope don''t make sense.

Will someone do the math with me, and see if this makes sense?

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock

Jonathan,

John has been out of town, so please forgive him if he has not used his spare time to answer this thread, and I have been fllooded with work.

When a customer contacts us and mentions they found us on PS they get the advertised PS price if they pay with a wire. The amount discounted depends on the purchase - but it is our STRONGEST DISCOUNT. If they did not find us on PS, but elect to pay with a wire we also offer a regular wire discount of 2%. The 2 discounts are not combined - it's either one or the other.

As for the Fed Ex question – when someone orders SparkleSparkle only we will send it to their residence. We have not posted this on our website as of now.

Rhino - one slice of the cheese is right here

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2005 2:43:28 PM
Author: Rhino

The reason I'd like clarification on the forum is so I can stop getting hammered for additional PS discounts when in fact it appears there is none...........

If its simply the bank wire discount, then there is really no PS discount. In this case the PS discount is simply another way of saying we're going to give you a bank wire discount IF YOU PAY via bank wire. If this is the case why lead people to believe they're getting a *better* price by mentioning PS when in fact they'll get the better price anyhow if they just pay via bankwire?
Ok, let's do the math, shall we?

Here is a WF stone with a LIST price of $1,733: .50 F, SI1
Here is that list price with a 2% bank wire discount: $1,698.34
Here is the PRICESCOPE price on the search engine: $1,646

In order to get the PS price, you must pay by bankwire also. Either discount structure requires bank wire payment. What's so hard to comprehend about this?

Not convinced? Let's try another:

.75 G, SI1 (ES)
List price: $2,675
Bank wire price (2%) $2,621.50
PS price: $2,608.

And another:

.786, H, SI2
List price: $2,925
2% bank wire price: $2,866
PS price: $2,779

JUST AS JOHN SAID, the amount of additional discount varies dependent on the selection. Because ES stones are already value priced, it appears the discount on these is a bit more modest....but it still exists.

Let's call a spade a spade, indeed. In fact, let's do it in BIG letters, so everyone will be clear:

WF *does* offer a PS discount that is more attractive than the standard bank-wire discount. It's not a smoke-and-mirrors, semantic "gymnastics", new-fangled math ghost. It's a real discount.

Whew......I feel better.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
I would be very interested to know the details of any payment discounts you give Jonathan? And any other vendor for that matter. All of us have experienced the scenario where customers use one or more company's discounts against our price. Knowing the facts will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

esqknight

Rough_Rock
As I understood it from Lesley''s and John''s info and the examples posted by aljdewey, the Whiteflash Pricescope discount ranges from about 1/2% (above the standard 2% wire discount) to about 3% (above the standard 2% wire discount) depending on the stone.

Thank you for helpful info :)

I agree with Lesley that it would be nice to see what discounting, if any, other venders provide, so that other venders as well as Pricescope consumers can operate with the greatest possible information.

TGIF (nice weekends all around),

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results