shape
carat
color
clarity

any ideas for settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MarineRandy

Rough_Rock
I have finally have the perfect diamond, with the help of everyone here, it''s a 1.50ct round F SI1 eyeclean cut: ex polish: ex and sym:very good. The only problem is finding the right setting I just feel that if I am going to do this right that it should be perfect (i love her ) can you blame a guy for trying ? I am hoping for any ideas on settings, I would appreciate any thoughts and pics.

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on selecting a diamond! It sounds superb!

Can you tell us about her? How does she dress? Does she like contemporary designs or a more vintage look? Does she like simplicity or detail?

that will give us a starting point...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2008 3:10:20 AM
Author: claireabelle
Congrats on selecting a diamond! It sounds superb!

Can you tell us about her? How does she dress? Does she like contemporary designs or a more vintage look? Does she like simplicity or detail?

that will give us a starting point...

Great questions. I'd like to add one of my own... do you have a budget in mind and a metal?

To help narrow down the rest:
Is she very tailored? Are you looking for a classic setting... like a nice solitare (there are 1000's of lovely solitares) or a fabulous three stone (think pear or baguette side stones)... or is more vintage (pave and engraving), or modern and contemporary (large metal heavy shanks or tension settings) her style? Does she like to SHOW OFF her bling, or is she more understated. Is 1.5 her 'dream size', a little bigger than she was thinking but you wanted to get her the largest youcould get, or is it a starter diamond for a lady who is looking to graduate to three carats down the road?

We all have some favorite settings for round brilliants, so if you give us some guildelines I'm sure you'll be amazing at the selection we can come up for you!

MarineRandy

Rough_Rock
She is very organized and detailed, I am almost sure that she prefers something with detail, but nothing to overwhelming. She is detailed, so I guess something with a unique, clean, and simple look would appeal to her. However, any help would be a life-saver for me. Budget wise for the setting I am thinking no more than $3000.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. Unique, Clean. Simple. We can do that.

So my suggestions are: Ritani Endless Love Solitare (not halo).
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/ritani-jewelry/rings/12QQ1/18/ It's got a lovely amount of sparkle, a good reputation for stone retention, lovely side view with pave on the basket and really sets off a center stone.

Mark Morrel petite torchiere:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mark-morrell-petitie-torchiere-2-09-i-si2.74970/ Beautiful solitare that is a gorgeous evolution of the Tiffany 6 prong. The little surprise diamonds in the head are like a special gift for the wearer.

Leon Mege Solitare Classic:
www.artofplatinum.com
Pics of the Leon solitare: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thank-you-andrey-leon-jonathan-and-tiffany.80475/ Lovely, classic, and timeless.

Any of these are really classic, allow for a wide variety of wedding bands, whether a matchy band or a non-matchy band. And are safe bets if your lady isn't doing the chosing herself.

I'd also think about a couple of three stones, as I love them, but you didn't jump at the idea, so I didn't post any.
The last two are custom pieces, and the Ritani is made to order for your stone so all of them will have a decent leadtime... so you may be waiting up to 8 weeks for your setting. It's worth it though. TOTALLY worth it. You WANT the setting made to order for your stone. All of them should be under 3K in platinum.

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Here are some styles that I love... all settings under $3,000 from pearlmans and whiteflash

This is beautiful and elegant.
It has simple lines with delicate detail (micro pave). It looks clean and organised with that little extra wow factor!

Another Ritani with micropave

Pearlmans design - very delicate and gorgeous

yellow gold

simple elegance with an extra touch

Simple, timeless - Scott Kay

Ritani pave with halo - gorgeous!

3 stone

Whiteflash split shank

can you tell I like pave.... and HALO''s ?? ;-) (I prefer this to the Ritani halo, actually... just my opinion.)

when in doubt: can''t go wrong here!

I hope this kicks things off!
30.gif
30.gif
What''s not to love???

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
HAHA! Gypsy - we both suggested the EXACT same setting as our first choice!

Surely that''s a sign, Randy!?!
4.gif
9.gif
36.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
All the choices you''ve been given are lovely, but my personal favourite is the Mark Morrell petite torchiere. Timeless, classic, but with the pizazz of the tiny sparkly diamonds!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2008 11:13:28 AM
Author: isaku5
All the choices you''ve been given are lovely, but my personal favourite is the Mark Morrell petite torchiere. Timeless, classic, but with the pizazz of the tiny sparkly diamonds!
36.gif
I love that one too!!! I would try and get her input on the ring or at least go w/a inexpensive temp setting so you can select a setting together.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock

MarineRandy

Rough_Rock
Sorry, its taken so long to post a thanks, but I was considering all the pics and suggestions and I have to admit I went for..........the ritani endless love. All the rings were simple and elegant, but this one just seemed to reflect who she is as a women. thanks again. Now i just need to get over the nerves, oh.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
The Endless love halo or no halo? Either way, they are both beautiful.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s going to be STUNNING! Congrats! Please post hand shots WHEN (not IF) she says YES!!

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/15/2008 9:33:09 PM
Author: MarineRandy
Sorry, its taken so long to post a thanks, but I was considering all the pics and suggestions and I have to admit I went for..........the ritani endless love. All the rings were simple and elegant, but this one just seemed to reflect who she is as a women. thanks again. Now i just need to get over the nerves, oh.
Oh Wow! She''s going to be over the moon! Great choice - you can never go wrong with that setting!

Glad we could be of help!
36.gif

And don''t forget - we want pictures!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results