shape
carat
color
clarity

Any ideas for how WF can make this a bit different?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VVFF

Rough_Rock
http://www.reeds.com/Princess-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-2ctw-plu18639765.html?trackedCategoryId=Cross%20Sell-Product%20View&loomia_si=1

I am getting this setting done custom by WF. My main reasons for this is to get better quality stones and make some minor adjustments to the setting. They are going to use F/G color and VS clarity stones to better match the D color/VVS diamond I have(.93 ct) and will use their recommendation of 1.25ctw of sidestones in a channel setting that goes under the center stone.

I have specified that I would like the channel setting to start where the prongs begin to "pull up" out of the ring. Can anyone think of anything else that might be a fairly minor change but make the ring "different"? I want to maintain the sleek lines and contemporary look.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
How about if you started the the prongs raising up sooner? Or have them cross. You also could have the center stone in a bezel with metal on 2 side. If will be a very pretty setting when complete.

VVFF

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 3:31:38 PM
Author: swingirl
How about if you started the the prongs raising up sooner? Or have them cross. You also could have the center stone in a bezel with metal on 2 side. If will be a very pretty setting when complete.
I think the prongs raising up sooner might block the view of the sidestones. However you have an interesting idea about the bezel set. I think it might be interested to do a half bezel or something in that regard. I''ll have to try to picture that.

Anyone else have any ideas?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could also do something more interesting with the prongs that could make it different but still keep the lines. Some kind of claw prongs might be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results