shape
carat
color
clarity

Any idea where I can find a setting like this?

Rorran81

Rough_Rock
I've got a nice deal on a 0.75 ct stone I'm happy with...now I just need the setting.

I've got my heart set on something like this one:

http://www.diamondzonejewelry.com/v...e-diamond-semi-mount-setting-engage-ring.html

Problem is, it can't be that one, since it won't accommodate my stone (mine is 5.7mm diameter, which is too small). The ad says it'll take a 5-7mm stone, but anything smaller than 6.5mm looks silly in it.

Does anyone have a suggestion for where I can get a vintage or vintage-inspired setting for around $250-$300?

Thanks!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
First let me say that it is a very pretty setting! BUT, if this is for an egagement ring and you are planning to wear the ring daily, I would be concerned with the durability. The price is quite inexpensive and theres the old saying that you get what you pay for. :(sad Rings take a lot of abuse, even if we sometimes dont realizea it. Even the best intentioned will bang their stone and prongs a good many times, and it's not fun to look down and see your beautiful diamond MIA!

Ok with that said, have you tried Lord of Gem Rings? They sell on ebay and have many inexpensive setting designs, people on pricescope have used them and have been satisfied, however they are using them to set gem stones and not diamonds and they are not wearing these rings everyday as they would an e-ring. But if your in a tight spot and you are set on getting a setting like this, they may be your best bet. Good Luck!!

Rorran81

Rough_Rock
I understand what you mean. I suppose I wanted to get this type of design so badly at a price within my budget, that I lost sight of more practical issues.

Thank you Christina.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
You don't say where you live, but if you live in a place that has antique stores, pawn shops, etc., you could take a look in those stores for an authentic vintage setting that would be the proper size for your stone. Some local jewelry stores may carry "estate" (used, traded-in) settings, too. But with the price of gold and platinum being so high, and the popularity of vintage settings these days, bargains are getting harder and harder to find. I'm not sure if this is a ring you are buying for someone else, or if it's for you. But if it is for an engagement ring, and if your budget for the setting is tight, consider setting the diamond in a temporary setting -- an inexpensive solitaire setting -- for now, and then for an anniversary, you and she can pick out a new setting for the diamond.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I like Lulas idea. A Tiffany like setting is beautiful and classic and really lets the diamond be the star of the show :love: . Its the most popular setting for e-rings today and it will never go out of style. I think that every girl should have a solitaire! One day you could upgrade the setting if you decide to. =) Good Luck, and if you would like some help finding a nice setting let me know and I'd be happy to post some links for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results