shape
carat
color
clarity

Any idea when/where this ring was made?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ctuccikaufman

Rough_Rock

I just purchased this estate eternity ring from my local jeweler and I was wondering if anyone may know when it was made and by whom. The inside is marked "JL_ CO. 18 Kt" (The letter after the L is illegible). The outside is white gold and the inside is yellow. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Ring1975.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any idea, but I just wanted to say that it is really lovely!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know either but you might email Old Miner who deals with a lot of antique stones and jeweler. He might be able to tell you something. It is very pretty.

Old Miner is Dave at http://www.gemappraisers.com/Index.asp

ctuccikaufman

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the link!!

ctuccikaufman

Rough_Rock
That link doesn''t weem to work... Any other ones that you know of??

Thanks.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 12:06:07 PM
Author: ctuccikaufman
That link doesn''t weem to work... Any other ones that you know of??

Thanks.

hmm. it worked fine for me when I just clicked on it. well, copy and past the web address and it should take you there. Have you considered just taking the ring to an appraiser? They should be able to tell you more about the ring.

ctuccikaufman

Rough_Rock
OK. The link''s working now. Must have just been a glitch last night. I really don''t want to spend the money to go an appraiser because it was not an expensive ring, I just was curious about its origin.

Thank.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahh, well I would think Dave should be able to help tell you something with the info you''ve got. Let us know what you find out.

ctuccikaufman

Rough_Rock
I will. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s vintage. 30''s 40''s? I also think it''s part of a set. So it probably had another ring with center stone with it. n TGhr reason I say this is besides just liking older stuff my mother has a collection of old fashion and love story magazines and the ads for rings remind me of the one you posted. Same style.

ctuccikaufman

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. This is the first estate ring I''ve purchased and I really like the idea of a "pre-owned" ring. That''s why I''d love to know it''s history.
1.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean. My e-ring is from the 1920s. Have you checked out the web site wannabuyawatch.com? It has some great old jewelry and some of the bands are similar to yours.

ctuccikaufman

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I will check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results