carat
color
clarity

Any idea what these stones might be?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all,

I usually frequent the hangout but thought this would be a better spot for this question.

This ring is in 18kt white gold but the seller has no idea what the stones are. They are a turquoise color so she doesn't think they are emeralds, I just have no idea what they might be.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

_6137.jpeg

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline? Zircon? Emerald?

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
I'd guess Emerald.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your replies, bought the ring and it is 18kt and emerald! I love the color of the emeralds.

I am concerned though because one of the jewelers I went to today (to confirm the stones) said that this ring should not be worn daily and it also can't be sized which is a bummer because I was going to stack it with my wedding rings but it's a size 7 1/2 and my ring finger is a 6. It does fit on my right hand though.

I buy jewelry I can wear daily so if this ring will be too delicate because of the emeralds then I might need to sell it and find a sapphire band instead. I did take a pic with the wedding set but I just don't think that is going to work with the ring being so much larger than my others.

Here is a hand shot, she is so pretty in any case.

_6138.jpeg

_6139.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, you could put sizing balls or a clip in to make it smaller if you want. But, yes, emeralds aren't good for everyday rings. Although 8 on Mohos, their crystalline structure can make them brittle so a decent whack is likely to chip the stone. It's a very beautiful ring.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bron357|1475723072|4084047 said:
Hi, you could put sizing balls or a clip in to make it smaller if you want. But, yes, emeralds aren't good for everyday rings. Although 8 on Mohos, their crystalline structure can make them brittle so a decent whack is likely to chip the stone. It's a very beautiful ring.

Thanks Bron! I think the delicate nature of emeralds is probably why I haven't owned any yet! Maybe it's irresponsible but I'm going to wear it and if by chance I damage a stone, deal with it then. Honestly I'm surprised these are emeralds because I can't see any inclusions or cloudiness at all in them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results