shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Hot Pink Sapphire on PS?

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I only found one hot pink sapphire here. There are lots of threads on hot pink spinels. I was told the untreated hot pink sapphires are selling 2k/ct for one carat stones on the HK Gem show. The untreated 3ct stones are 4K/ct. The untreated one carat stones are gone on the first day. The untreated purplish pink are selling for less. But I have no idea how the purplish pink stone looks like.

S

SparkliesLuver

I consider myself extremely lucky with my unheated pink sapphire find. It had a window - personally, windows bother me - so I had it fixed. But I believe that's why it hadn't been scooped up yet, so I was super excited to find it. Mine is hot pink and weighs 1.23cts. The prices you posted sound about right from what I've seen too.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_0378.JPG IMG_0379.JPG I have no idea if my raspberry/hot pink sapphire is heated or not. My husband bought it for me in 2001. They were not difficult to come by back then. I even saw jewelry with hot pink sapphires in a mall store (Ben Bridge). My ring is custom. I think the sapphire is about 1/2 carat. I almost always wear it with my yellow sapphire ring as a stacker. I'm a terrible photographer, but the sapphire is hot pink. It has an inclusion, but I no longer see it niw that it is set. Good luck!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
All Mogok sapphires, unheated/no treatment.

Not the best photo I can find but this small Mogok unheated cabochon in the pendant is a hot pink. Under a ct and amazingly clean. Old stock.

Tiny earrings are purplish pink Mogok sapphires, unheated.

Dangling ones at the bottom are just pink for the larger ones.

I haven't found any more decent pink sapphires at reasonable prices FB_IMG_1505494539578.jpg FB_IMG_1505494459413.jpg FB_IMG_1505494566947.jpg since these. Let alone hot pink. Guess they all go straight to overseas gem fairs.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some hot pinks are sold as rubies. Many hot pinks with Burmese stones. Some Ceylon.

The earrings are magenta. Old heat Burmese.

Ring is untreated Burmese.

On the 3rd photo, just to compare, my pad ring, some hot pink spinel melees, the earrings, and in the middle unheated Ceylons of different pinks.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the purplish pink is also very beautiful. The difference is not very obvious.

arabella

Shiny_Rock
I have a hot pink sapphire that I got preloved from fellow PSer NKOTB. It's unheated and I think somewhere around 1.3 ct. I just love it and I feel lucky to own it. It's hard to photograph so I included the vendor picture too because it's true to what I see and my pictures are blurry

IMG_3904.PNG

IMG_3905.PNG

IMG_3908.JPG

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Honestly so long as it's a nice pink that appeals to me and a decent price I'm happy. But that's just me. I'm still on the lookout for 2-3 ct untreated ones for a ring and 1 more pair of earrings.

Goodluck and I hope you find your ideal stone soon!

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2-3ct is 3K/ct. Maybe the show is more expensive?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
2-3ct is 3K/ct. Maybe the show is more expensive?

Yes, usually they go for more at the overseas fairs. Not that they sell them cheap at source countries, but the fairs lend themselves to some expectations.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So there was a time that @Burmesedaze asked me if the mahenge spinels really look neon. I remember telling her the Burmese pink sapphires will give the mahenges a run for the money and just buy the "rubies".

The silky pink Burmese sapphires are really lovely, but often they are sold as rubies.

Here they are in temporary settings - these are old heat stones, no flux. I took them out of the settings and placed a couple side by side with mahenge spinels (the oval ones, one is sleepy and the other more crystal).

Local cuts, and not the best of cuts but these stones I bought for color.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa Seaglow, those are outrageously neon!! How beautiful can you get?! This is really a miracle of nature.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The challenge is in getting untreated/unheated ones :)

I think I need to see an entire tray of Mahenges IRL to be utterly convinced!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my hot pink sapphire: a certified 1ct unheated Madagascar pink, set in a simple platinum solitaire. It was a gift from my husband on the birth of our eldest daughter & has her name & dob engraved inside. It's very simple & is the only sapphire I actually own. I love it. IMG_20150311_191359471.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ive got a 4.56 ct hot pink sapphire, I'd have to try and fine the paperwork to see if its heat treated or not.

Mines very similar colour to AlexT's solitaire.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my hot pink sapphire: a certified 1ct unheated Madagascar pink, set in a simple platinum solitaire. It was a gift from my husband on the birth of our eldest daughter & has her name & dob engraved inside. It's very simple & is the only sapphire I actually own. I love it. IMG_20150311_191359471.jpg
Such a wonderful sentiment and ring! Love this!

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So there was a time that @Burmesedaze asked me if the mahenge spinels really look neon. I remember telling her the Burmese pink sapphires will give the mahenges a run for the money and just buy the "rubies".

The silky pink Burmese sapphires are really lovely, but often they are sold as rubies.

Here they are in temporary settings - these are old heat stones, no flux. I took them out of the settings and placed a couple side by side with mahenge spinels (the oval ones, one is sleepy and the other more crystal).

Local cuts, and not the best of cuts but these stones I bought for color.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I think these are rubies because I think the hue is red. Have to go the lab to confirm if they are rubies. Anyways, the colour is so saturated and not being dark.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
First, so many nice pinks on this thread! Yum!

Whoa Seaglow, those are outrageously neon!! How beautiful can you get?! This is really a miracle of nature.

Thanks, Bluegemz! I like the effect of silk in these stones it has the effect that it does for Kashmir sapphires.

The challenge is in getting untreated/unheated ones :)

I think I need to see an entire tray of Mahenges IRL to be utterly convinced!

Lol. The thing is, the first find of mahenges was a big rock and they were able to cut a significant number from that. The latest yields were not as mind-blowing but once in a while, the famous mahenge color same as the original find comes up. The two stones I compared with the Burmese is part of the original find. I saw a tray, many are included and not the nicest cut but best color of pink spinels I've seen (others would be Burmese jedis and hot pink Luc Yens).

I'm more tolerant than you. I can accept old heat but prefers untreated, ofcourse. I found untreated stones in Yangon, they are there, just add an extra zero to the price. It's difficult to get super saturated pinks untreated. It occurs more in Burmese stones, some Ceylon, but many are just light pink to steely pink.

I think these are rubies because I think the hue is red. Have to go the lab to confirm if they are rubies. Anyways, the colour is so saturated and not being dark.

You just made the price go up by saying they are rubies. Lol. Many would consider them rubies. Some labs won't. Labs vary with how they draw the line. This color is the tricky part where you draw the line. Here is a color comparison with the earrings (you see very slight color differences) which is not silky like the loose stones. The small oval is untreated and also the purplish melee. With old heat, I was told color improves by around 10% by partially dissolving some silk. The earrings have a lab report from Gems Consult of Bangkok. The gemologists there are GIA trained and they classified the earrings as pink sapphire.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

cm366

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Alex! I was just admiring the clean lines of your solitaire, myself ;-)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_8890.JPG Here's my hot pink. Heated,needs to be sent to AGL still at some point. Around 5 cts but faces up smaller due to a big belly.

Wowza! That is one gorgeous pink. :mrgreen2::lol-2: The color is perfect! What are the dimensions on that one?

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
20953396_10211868853531443_8243891767091867433_n.jpg 20914340_10211868838931078_5458975908105174421_n.jpg My little contribution! 4ct, unheated, but I can't decide whether to try to close the window or enjoy the colour...

Are these your photos or vendor's photos?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resurrecting this thread with a new picture of my unheated hot pink, which shows the colour more realistically. The pic above was taken at night in artificial light, but this one is in natural sunshine. IMG_20190305_150707.jpg

Lexililac

Shiny_Rock
Some of those are hot pink sapphires. All unheated and exceptionally clean and without issues such as window, extinction, cracks etc. and of Vietnam and Burma origin.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-17 um 18.39.13.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-17 um 18.39.13.png
    1 MB · Views: 79
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results