shape
carat
color
clarity

Any help to where this was certified?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kain889

Rough_Rock
I came across this diamond and no local jeweler knows where it is from. I was hoping that someone here may have a clue.
It says European Gemological Laboratory at the top.
Cert # LA312135
Weight 0.38ct.
Purity VVS2
Color 1+(F)
Any help would be great, and what does the 1+(F) mean?
Sorry for the bad picture, I had to scan it 
Thanks for your help.

EGL.gif

kain889

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your response strmrdr. But I do have a few more questions.

Are these types of sealed certs not very common or is it just old because no jeweler I showed it too had seen this type before. They said it must be from another country because it does not look like normal EGL certs.

The end is sealed with “E.G.L. Lab”

The EGL online results do not come up with anything. (http://www.eglusa.com/customerlogin.html)

And I know what the color “F” is, but what is the +1? Jewelers have not seen this before either

Thank you.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGS uses numbers on their reports.

0=D
.5=E
1=F

Never seen it on EGL. Never seen anything like that card, either.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
That card & plastic packet was commonly used for "investment grade" diamonds sold during the late 70''s - early 80''s, particularly 1979-1980.

The LA lab during that period was known for very conservative & consistent grading, by the way.

I think Julie''s correct in that the "+1" is referring to the AGS numerical grade (F range of 1.0-1.5) in addition to the GIA letter grade.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing to do with EGL but just to let you know that all IGI loose diamonds in the UK are sold in a plastic wallet with a card or certificate like that too. This is just saying that the style of packaging is used by diamond labs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results