shape
carat
color
clarity

Any hand shots of Whiteflash''s Allegro?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have any hand shots of Whiteflash''s Allegro setting? Thank you!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Though I do not have hand shots, I have posted a picture of an Allegro WF created for a customer. The center stone is 1.5 cts. I really like this setting...

Alegro - 1 5.JPG

10 years

Rough_Rock
Ohhh wow! That is MY ring!!! I absolutely love it. I have hand shots, but they are on a seperate hard drive. I have never posted pics, but will try tomorrow.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2007 10:37:09 PM
Author: 10 years
Ohhh wow! That is MY ring!!! I absolutely love it. I have hand shots, but they are on a seperate hard drive. I have never posted pics, but will try tomorrow.

Well hurry up already, that ring looks yummy!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Here are a couple of real life shots of the Allegro that I found in an e-mail sent to me from WF. While the pictures are nice, they do not give any hints as to how tall the setting is, which is a concern of mine. I do not have any bling details either
7.gif

10 Years - We would love to see hand shots of your setting, please post ASAP!
31.gif

There is a thread from July comparing the Allegro to a similar HOF setting, which might be helpful to those interested: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/very-similar-but-different-settings-which-is-nicer-hof-vs-wf.64817/

Alegro - finger.jpg

10 years

Rough_Rock
OK I have never posted pictures before & can''t seem to resize properly, but will give the specs while I try to figure it out.

I got this ring for my 10th anniversary. I got to pick it out & it took about 6 months to decide on a diamond & setting. I ended up getting both from WF.

I did have them make a few minor alterations. The melee are in shared prong settings & I had them file down all of the tiny prongs a bit because it looked like they might snag or get hung up on things.

I also asked them to thin out the legato head on the sides. It just looked a bit thick in the picture.

Here is the link to the WF page, if you click on the ring pic, it will give you a more detailed pic & you can see what I am talking about.
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Allegro-in-D-_1117.htm#

Honestly, when they sent me the pic posted at the top of this page, I felt a twinge of disappointment, but when the ring arrived I was extremely pleased. The picture fails to show any of the sparkle & the ring is solid, but more delicate than I had expected

Anyway, the ring it just beautiful & I receive compliments on it all of the time. I am so pleased with how it came out.

Also, I do not have any problems with the height. It doesn''t seem as tall IRL as it looks in the pictures & I don''t find that it gets in the way.

1.595 ct G VS1 A Cut Above H&A
Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 1.595
. Depth %: 60.6
. Table %: 54.9
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.7
. Star : 52
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43
. Lower Girdle %: 79
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted

Ring is size 6.75
Platinum

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t wait to see your ring, 10 years
36.gif
. I love that setting and your modifications sound great. If you need help with resizing pics, there is a great thread in FAQ section.

10 years

Rough_Rock
I think I finally figured it out! Please excuse the hairy fingers, scaly skin & dirty diamond. Crop & zoom really accentuates the negative!!

IMG_3953a.JPG

10 years

Rough_Rock
Side shot

IMG_3947a.JPG

10 years

Rough_Rock
This really zoomed, it is much more delicate looking in person. Sorry the pics aren''t great. I am new at this!

IMG_3954a.JPG

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh....its beautiful, 10 years!!!! Congrats on your anniversary and on your gorgeous new ring!! Enjoy, and wear it in the best of health!!
36.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2007 1:13:43 PM
Author: 10 years

...I did have them make a few minor alterations. The melee are in shared prong settings & I had them file down all of the tiny prongs a bit because it looked like they might snag or get hung up on things.

I also asked them to thin out the legato head on the sides. It just looked a bit thick in the picture.

Honestly, when they sent me the pic posted at the top of this page, I felt a twinge of disappointment, but when the ring arrived I was extremely pleased. The picture fails to show any of the sparkle & the ring is solid, but more delicate than I had expected

Also, I do not have any problems with the height. It doesn't seem as tall IRL as it looks in the pictures & I don't find that it gets in the way.
Sorry for being cliche, but it is really a small world! I have had the WF pic of your ring for at least a month and I am so glad you posted pictures of your ring. I like your modifications, btw. Glad you do not have trouble with the height of your setting, as it does look a bit tall in the original pictures, or at least in comparison to the HOF setting that it has been compared to in a previous post.

If you do not mind me asking, who did you work with at WF on this project? Your diamond is so pretty, and a nice size for your hand too! :)

What are u thinking for a wedding band??

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Here is my attempt to resize your pictures, I hope it works!

Allegro - 3 Pictures.jpg

10 years

Rough_Rock
Thank you!

I worked with Sheerah & my husband talked to Brian about diamond selection. I was slightly leery about spending so much on something I had never seen or tried on, so I only made modifications that wouldn''t push it over to a custom. I tried on other split shanks & they looked cheap & flimsy compared to their online or catalog pics so I was so happy that this ring was solid yet delicate.

I actually am not going to get a wedding band for now. I had 2 rings before & I didn''t like it so I purposely chose a ring that I could just wear by itself. However if I were to do a band later, I think I would get a thin band the width of one of the split shanks with melee in shared prongs setting to match. I don''t think WF has a matching band, I looked online, but never asked.

I am growing in to the 1.5 ct :) I originally wanted 1 ct (up from my .57 ER), but my husband really pushed for a bigger diamond. It probably usually goes the other way. Anyway I tried on everything up to 2 ct, but felt most comfortable around 1.5

So how did you get the pics so small??

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo...thank you! It can be so hard to visualize a ring without seeing it on a hand. Thanks!
1.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Amandine - Thank you for asking about this ring, as I could not find much on PS about it by searching previous posts & I was too shy to ask!

10 Years - Wow, such a nice upgrade from a .57 to a 1.5 & I can see why it will take some getting used to. I have read on this site that upgrades look more dramatic when you are going from a stone that is under 1ct to 1ct++. Thanks for elaborating on the quality of this setting, as it can be so difficult to know what it will feel like until you get it.

Though I do think this ring can stand on its own, I have seen pics of split shank rings on PS paired with melee bands, which look nice. I am sure WF could design a band matching this setting that would match well enough. I think my BF and I are looking at a diamond in the 1.2 - 1.33 range for me, so I am wondering if this setting would swallow a diamond of that size. To tell you the truth, I would prefer a WF's Legato solitaire, however, he feels I should have a more elaborate setting like a split shank. So, it sounds like for the moment he is really sold on the Allegro due to it being a split shank and the fact that it incorporate's the head from the Legato solitaire. I just feel a diamond falling into the size range we are looking at would pop much better in a solitaire setting, than in this one.

I have a feeling you would like to post more shots of your ring, but are nervous b/c your pictures turn out so large. Believe me, I am not an expert and do not even own a digital camera (I borrow one from my BF), so there could be a setting on your camera that might help with the sizing issue. However, what I did to size down your pictures was to paste your pictures in my MS Photo Editor and resized them that way. I clicked on "resize" then converted the size to pixels and then reduced the amount of pixels until I got them down to a smaller size. That took some trial and error on my part & I am sure there are better ways to do it - but, it seemed to work. After I sized all 3 down I then pasted them all into one MS Photo Editior picture file and saved it, which allowed me to get all 3 pictures in one post. Like I said, probably not the best way to do things, but it worked. Please do not be afraid to take more pictures - your ring is very nice! :)

I actually found this link that Amandine posted a while back to help with resizing images: http://quickthumbnail.com/index.php After playing with the site, I found that the Resize by Fixed Sizes section is the quickest. If you are looking to post a picture to the forum, use either the 250px or 500px option.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
So glad someone has used that quickthumbnail site, its great!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2007 3:02:44 PM
Author: omieluv
Amandine - Thank you for asking about this ring, as I could not find much on PS about it by searching previous posts & I was too shy to ask!

10 Years - Wow, such a nice upgrade from a .57 to a 1.5 & I can see why it will take some getting used to. I have read on this site that upgrades look more dramatic when you are going from a stone that is under 1ct to 1ct++. Thanks for elaborating on the quality of this setting, as it can be so difficult to know what it will feel like until you get it.

Though I do think this ring can stand on its own, I have seen pics of split shank rings on PS paired with melee bands, which look nice. I am sure WF could design a band matching this setting that would match well enough. I think my BF and I are looking at a diamond in the 1.2 - 1.33 range for me, so I am wondering if this setting would swallow a diamond of that size. To tell you the truth, I would prefer a WF's Legato solitaire, however, he feels I should have a more elaborate setting like a split shank. So, it sounds like for the moment he is really sold on the Allegro due to it being a split shank and the fact that it incorporate's the head from the Legato solitaire. I just feel a diamond falling into the size range we are looking at would pop much better in a solitaire setting, than in this one.
Omieluv, I think it is wonderful that your BF wants you to have a beautiful ring, but this statement really bothers me. You are the one who would wear the ring, and I think he should honor your wishes for the style of setting. Here is a wonderful article for all guys to read:

http://crossdiamond.com/adv/default.htm

10 Years...your ring is GORGEOUS!!!!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. I thought too when I saw it on their site how it would look on the hand, & glad to see now there are a few references on PS. I was considering another gemstone ring & was thinking split shank. Maybe a bit too cathedral looking for a gemstone RHR, but for an e-ring, lovely choice! Will showcase the diamond well with it being a bit higher too. AND have plenty of room for a flush band.
36.gif

Judy
:)

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2007 10:01:07 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 11/14/2007 3:02:44 PM
Author: omieluv

Though I do think this ring can stand on its own, I have seen pics of split shank rings on PS paired with melee bands, which look nice. I am sure WF could design a band matching this setting that would match well enough. I think my BF and I are looking at a diamond in the 1.2 - 1.33 range for me, so I am wondering if this setting would swallow a diamond of that size. To tell you the truth, I would prefer a WF''s Legato solitaire, however, he feels I should have a more elaborate setting like a split shank. So, it sounds like for the moment he is really sold on the Allegro due to it being a split shank and the fact that it incorporate''s the head from the Legato solitaire. I just feel a diamond falling into the size range we are looking at would pop much better in a solitaire setting, than in this one.
Omieluv, I think it is wonderful that your BF wants you to have a beautiful ring, but this statement really bothers me. You are the one who would wear the ring, and I think he should honor your wishes for the style of setting. Here is a wonderful article for all guys to read:

http://crossdiamond.com/adv/default.htm

10 Years...your ring is GORGEOUS!!!!
I appreciate your concern. It is not as if he completely disregards my prefereneces. For instance, he was excited about a few tension settings and I flat out told him that I just do not want a tension setting for an e-ring (but would consider for a RHR) & he has respected my wishes on that. We are still in discussions over the setting and truthfully, I will enjoy wearing either setting, as they are both beautiful. Plus, I get a kick out of him getting so involved in this process, it is quite cute - even if I have to reel him in.

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
I have the HOF setting. HOF does make a band that matches the ering. It is a bent band that sits flush with the ering. I don''t have the band so I can not post pics. When I was in the store, I tried it on and think that if I went with the bent band I would like two to balance out the ring. I was also just thinking of getting a straight band.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
GalleyGall - Have you started a thread on your own ring?? If not, you should because the HOF setting is so pretty!! As for a band, I think I would prefer one that can stand on its own, so a "straight" band would be my pick. Someone suggested having a band made the same width of one of the split shanks. I do think it could be pretty to have 2 curved bands on either side, but it is diffcult for me to picture, since I do not own the setting.

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t started a thread, but here is a pic.

ring223.JPG

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
Here is the side view. I love how it''s a U and you can see the whole diamond.

ring224.JPG

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2007 5:47:19 PM
Author: galleygal
Here is the side view. I love how it''s a U and you can see the whole diamond.
I agree, the profile of this setting is beautiful!! You should definitely start your own thread, as I am sure others would be excited to see handshots of your setting...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh! That ring is gorgeous!!! You definitely need to make your own thread in "Show Me the Ring"!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results