shape
carat
color
clarity

any good ultrasonic cleaners under $75?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Go Blue 99

Rough_Rock
The Sharper Image one has good reviews on here but it is closer to $100. Anyone recommend any cleaners that are cheaper?

I''m hoping to get my fiance one as an xmas gift.

thanks!

Go Blue 99

Rough_Rock
Nevermind, just found out about the cheap SI ones on Ebay. Looks like I''ll be going with one of those!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I bought my SI US on ebay for $30!

bae7

Shiny_Rock
I am so glad someone asked this question! I''m not sure why I didn''t think of it myself since I''ve been searching around for one.

Upside Down Man

Shiny_Rock
The Shaper Image has refurbished ones for auction on eBay for $29.95, or you can "buy it now" from them for $39.95. Since it''s the Sharper Image who is selling them, they still come with a one year warranty.

I love the one I got for my fiance. Very highly recommended.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Be careful with the shpping cost some folks add to their products. You can find ultrasonics for less than others, but when you get to the end of the shopping cart experience a crazy shipping fee is added in. It an internet version leaving out an important cost until you have pretty much decided to buy and have wasted your time entering all sorts of data.

The bottom line counts.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neil - do you think the Salton is a better/safer option than a US for some pave pieces? Not good quality well made pieces (which I have no problem putting in the US because I trust the integrity of the piece to stay together) but I have some (hangs head in shame) cheaper items that I don't trust to stand up to the US and I've been scrubbing them with a soft toothbrush. One item in particular is a ring that I bought for about $400 at the last jewelry show and every time I put the damn thing I the US I lose a stone. I hate to discard it, but at the rate I'm going I will have paid more to replace lost stones than I paid for the ring to begin with, however I need to find a good way to keep it crud-free.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
It seems that the sharper image is highly recommended. Has anyone had any problems with their refurbished SI bought from ebay?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2006 9:53:19 AM
Author: denverappraiser
It''s not an ultrasonic but I''ve been impressed by the Salton Jewelry Spa. It meets your price point and I think it does a better cleaning job than the inexpensive ultrasonics.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver
Hmm, well I wonder how that would compare with the jewel jet steam cleaner? I thought people were saying that if you only got one cleaner, to get ultrasonic. But Neil, you''d prefer a steam cleaner?

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 11:36:13 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006

It''s not an ultrasonic but I''ve been impressed by the Salton Jewelry Spa. It meets your price point and I think it does a better cleaning job than the inexpensive ultrasonics.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Hmm, well I wonder how that would compare with the jewel jet steam cleaner? I thought people were saying that if you only got one cleaner, to get ultrasonic. But Neil, you''d prefer a steam cleaner?

Wow, I had the exact same two questions!!! Great minds think alike!
9.gif

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Aaron,

Thanks for clearing that up. I wanted to Gemoro sparkle spa as it seems to have good feedback and is also very very compact. Unfortunately it is not available in Europe hence my search for an equivalent european model. I have ordered it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2006 3:31:03 PM
Author: :)

Date: 11/30/2006 11:36:13 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

Wow, I had the exact same two questions!!! Great minds think alike!
9.gif
9.gif
Now if only Neil wil check back in and see the question! I''d like to put one of these on my Christmas list but need to figure out which one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results