shape
carat
color
clarity

any good places to buy an affordable ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilove2eat

Rough_Rock
Hi, anyone has a good advice to buy an affordable engagement ring? my budget is around $3500.00

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Both DirtCheapDiamonds and WhiteFlash are two options, among a number of others. From the "pricescope.com" view, see the price comparison at the top left. After you've been through the tutorial here (recommended!), try the "search by cut quality."

You can also "search" on comments in this forum, for good advice.

Good luck!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
First you need to decide what shape you are looking for. Round, princess, oval, emerald, etc. Then read over all the helpful information here as well as an excellent tutorial at Good Old Gold's website. Then you have to decide where you want place your priorities for the diamond. Do you want the largest stone for the money, the best color, the best clarity, the best cut, or a well priced well balanced combination of all of them. Are you going to mount the stone as a solitaire or do you want a ring with sidestones? Lots to think about. In April we purchased a 1.12 carat pear, VS2 quality, I color, "ideal" cut and still came out just under $3000. My DH and I are thrilled with it but we spent a lot of time online reading, searching databases and visiting B&M stores for a look with our own eyes at what diamonds were out there and how they lined up with the numbers on the certificate. I ended up buying from DirtCheapDiamonds.

Best of luck to you. It was confusing but I still had a great time deciding. When you pick out some candidates, come on back with the specs and let some of the experts here give you their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results