shape
carat
color
clarity

Any good local store in connecticut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newbee

Rough_Rock
I don''t know much about diamonds, and dont have much time to research and buy online. So plan to buy it in a reliable local store.

I live in Manchester, CT. Please recommend me any good one if you know any here. Many thanks!
wavey.gif

shana07

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I live right outside of Springfield and I have been told by many that Becker's in Hartford is the best!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live in Connecticut, too, but at the other end of the state. (Hartford is better for you!)

If truth be told, I would buy on-line if I were looking for a diamond alone or a diamond and a standard setting. I would only go to a local jeweler for custom work. (And some people even do *that* on-line very happily!)

You can buy a better diamond for less from a reputable jeweler on the 'net. I know. I bought diamonds from jewelers (in Connecticut) whom I would recommend to you as honest and knowledgeable...but their profit margin was bigger than that of many on-line vendors.

I have since then bought on-line from The Tradeshop, Blue Nile, and Diamond Brokers of Florida. My prices were better from all three vendors than I could have gotten in a bricks and mortar store in Connecticut.

I have bought all my recent stones from Diamond Brokers of Florida and highly recommend them. I know other people who contribute here have started threads about their satisfactory experiences with other on-line vendors. Maybe you should revisit those threads before you decide to buy locally.

If you absolutely *must* buy locally I can ask my brother where he bought his wife's diamond. (He lives in Windsor which is in your neck of the woods.)

read.gif

newbee

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies! I'll try it online first. Actually I found lots of diamonds at BlueNile.com , seems online shopping is a better idea.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 7/31/2003 10:19:28 PM newbee wrote:

"Thanks for your replies! I'll try it online first. Actually I found lots of diamonds at BlueNile.com , seems online shopping is a better idea."

I am glad you are going to try this. Do stick with reputable jewelers (like Blue Nile) who will still be around in another month. Do take the same precautions you would if you were buying from a bricks and mortar store (get a diamond with a GIA or AGS certificate, have it examined once you buy it). But also relax and enjoy the fun of picking a diamond :).

All the best!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night I called my brother and left a message. He just called me back. (Although he lives in Windsor, he works in Hartford.)

He said he bought his wife's anniversary band and their wedding bands at...Becker's! Their main store is in West Hartford, but they also have a second store in Hartford. It is family owned and operated. Scott Becker, a "young man" (to my 40-something brother) is an owner and very nice. Some people who work in my brother's office also work at Becker's part-time.

Down the street from Becker's is a Lux, Bond, and Green which is known as "the best" and has higher prices.

I should, perhaps, mention that my brother is an attorney. He was loathe to endorse Becker's lest someone have a problem there. On the other hand, he does buy from them.

If you find you cannot feel comfortable on-line, I hope this helps you. On the other hand, I suspect you will do better on-line (unless you need custom work).

read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results