shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Good diamond? Ideas/Suggestions/Others?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

c0r

Rough_Rock
Here is my first post. I am a newbie but I have done a bit of research so hopefully I am closer to where I want to be. My budget is nothing over $2300 for the diamond. I got this tax free, free shipping so that makes me happy on that aspect.

How is this diamond? Is this a rip-off, or is it a great sparkling diamond that will blow her away. The only thing that bothers me is the girdle, but Im interested to see what you all say here.

Ideas, Suggestions, Inputs WELCOME. Thanks.
35.gif

GIA CERTIFIED, ROUND.

Price: $2,256

Carat weight: 0.72

Cut: Ideal

Color: G

Clarity: SI1

Depth %: 62.2%

Table %: 55%

Symmetry: Excellent

Polish: Excellent

Girdle: Medium to slightly thick

Culet: None

Fluorescence: None

Measurements: 5.74 x 5.78 x 3.58 mm

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

Girdle looks fine, but we need the crown and pavillion angles to help you, they should be on the GIA report on the diagram. Which vendor has this diamond, and is it an in house diamond? It is easier if so, that way the vendor can easily verify if it is eyeclean, they may have to call it in otherwise. It looks promising.

c0r

Rough_Rock
It''s from BlueNile and I do not see that information on the page. I already did purchase this diamond but with the satisfaction knowing I can return it right away if it''s not what I thought it was.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you link us to the page?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 10:11:19 AM
Author: Ellen
Can you link us to the page?
Yes, link us.

c0r

Rough_Rock
I know I can trade the color from a G and go to an H, and jump up to a VS2, from a SI1 but as far as I understand it - it is 6 in one half a dozen in another between those 2.

Thanks for all the insight and help in advance...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the link. What we wanted was to see the grading report, to see the angles, but it won''t open for some reason. You don''t have the report by chance do you? if not, the GIA number would help. Then we could look up the info that way.

c0r

Rough_Rock
I dont have the diamond. I ordered it online and it''s processing to be shipped.

So far though how are we looking on the specs that I gave you on the diamond?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 10:46:26 AM
Author: c0r
I dont have the diamond. I ordered it online and it's processing to be shipped.

So far though how are we looking on the specs that I gave you on the diamond?
So far things look ok. But the crown and pavillion angles are really important as to how well the stone performs. Were you planning on taking it to an independant appraiser?

And G SI1 is a great combo! (if eyeclean)

c0r

Rough_Rock
Well I''m pumped to see this thing in person and see if it''s what I want. I''ve been looking in stores and I cant find anything I want so this is pretty much exactly what I was shopping for (shy of the angles).

Thanks for all your help and hopfully I get that information shortly as I just contacted BN.

c0r

Rough_Rock
PAVILION: 40.8
CROWN: 35.0

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Ran it through the HCA. Got Excellent for Light Return, Fire, Scintillation, and Very Good for Spread. Overall score is 1.6, TIC.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2008 12:56:12 PM
Author: c0r
PAVILION: 40.8
CROWN: 35.0
Thanks, looks good!
emthup.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Should be a very pretty diamond!!

c0r

Rough_Rock
In regards to price $2256 overnight delivered is good/great/okay/average/too much! ? :) thanks.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a good price. Post pics if you can please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results