shape
carat
color
clarity

Any game of thrones fans here?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm on book 5. Curious of anyone else is completely into the series and "A Song of Ice and Fire"?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yassssss I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. My dh is reading the book and we are both watching the series Game of Thrones. We just watched all seven seasons in the past month or so. LOL can you say BINGE watching.:lol:

I haven't started the book A Song of Ice and Fire but my dh is enjoying reading it and I might read it after. The series is so good I am not sure if I want to read the book.

OMG we have a long wait till the next season though so perhaps I will start the book. I am a very fast reader however so I might want to wait till it is closer to the next season.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, I loved the 1st book, found the next 2 books very good, made myself finish the 4th book, and lost interest in the 5th book about a 1/3 of the way through. This was 6-7 years ago. I've never watched GOT tv series.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, I loved the 1st book, found the next 2 books very good, made myself finish the 4th book, and lost interest in the 5th book about a 1/3 of the way through. This was 6-7 years ago. I've never watched GOT tv series.

FWIW my dh says this is the rare series where (so far) he feels the series is better than the book.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES!!! Did you know season 8 will not air for almost two years?:cry2::cry2::cry2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES!!! Did you know season 8 will not air for almost two years?:cry2::cry2::cry2:

Whhhaaaaaatttt?????? Grrrrrrrrrrr.:nono: That pisses me off. Get us hooked and then make us wait 2 years. LOL I will have to re-watch it for sure before Season 8 starts because no way will I remember all the details. Sigh.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whhhaaaaaatttt?????? Grrrrrrrrrrr.:nono: That pisses me off. Get us hooked and then make us wait 2 years. LOL I will have to re-watch it for sure before Season 8 starts because no way will I remember all the details. Sigh.

We just ditched cable. Got a $60 antenna that hubby installed in the attic for local channels. Got internet through fios, netflix, directnow, hulu, and 2 amazon fire sticks. I have been binge-watching SO much stuff. Best decision ever. We also pay $100 a month less. NOW I can watch all the past seasons of GOT.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:geek2:Read all the books watch it every Sun and since season 7 is over we started watching it again from beginning

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:geek2:Read all the books watch it every Sun and since season 7 is over we started watching it again from beginning

Yes, I started rewatching season one the other day and I'm about 6 episodes in, so 4 left.

The thing that screwed me up about book 5 is that it didn't make sense and after I put it down, I found out that book 4 was so big, he cut it in half to make 4 and 5. So book five isnt a continuation of book four. It is happening at the same time.

@missy , the people who started with book one have been waiting something like twenty seven years for book six...

katharath

Ideal_Rock
FWIW my dh says this is the rare series where (so far) he feels the series is better than the book.

Missy I completely agree. I'm an avid reader - as in, freak show, lol - I read a LOT. I can wholeheartedly say that I think the show is one of the rare instances in which it is solidly better than the books. Believe me, that is a rare statement for me to make :)

I have no issues with taking on a series of big books that take 20-30 years for the writer to complete (I'm a huge fan of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series and Stephen King's Dark Tower series; I grew up reading both and waited many years for the "finales" of each). So it isn't the wait time bothering me, or anything like that - Ithink I could defend the position that the show is just arguably better. (Although the inconsistencies in season 7 probably wouldn't help my case, lol - so many plot holes this season!!).

I'm current on the books, but I'll be honest - I don't even know if I'll finish them at this point.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
H read the books and enjoyed them, and we both watch the series. I enjoy it, but I'm kind of ready for it to be over. This season moved quickly, but the past ones dragged on and it kind of seemed like no one knew where it was going lol.

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've been waiting for someone to make this thread and almost started it myself :lol:

I adore the show (TWO years??? Whyyyyy :cry2:) and had so much fun with this season especially. In the interest of avoiding spoilers for those who haven't gotten into the show yet, I'll just say that I anticipated a certain blue-eyed reveal after this season's first episode, and everyone thought I was crazy. It was so fun to see I guessed correctly! :lol-2:

I'm on the third book right now (I have so many books going at any one point, it's taking me forever to get through this series!), but I'm not in any rush to finish the books because (1) I'm relishing them and (2) I need SOMEthing to fill up my time before the last season airs!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the books are better than the series because the books have so much material in them. But I love the series too.

Not for spoilers-- I did enjoy the *super hot* love scene this past weekend. I don't care about the particulars-- I was totally into it.

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think the books are better than the series because the books have so much material in them. But I love the series too.

Not for spoilers-- I did enjoy the *super hot* love scene this past weekend. I don't care about the particulars-- I was totally into it.

No judgment here :lol: Although I think the timing of that scene with its exposition voiceover was perhaps the most Martin-esque moment of the series thus far.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No judgment here :lol: Although I think the timing of that scene with its exposition voiceover was perhaps the most Martin-esque moment of the series thus far.

Indeed :???:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read books 1 - 5 about 4 years ago (maybe longer - I wanted to read the books before watching the series, and the series had just finished season 2 at that point IIRC). I was hoping that book 6 would come out shortly after I finished book 5, given that it was scheduled to come out about a year later. Sadly, I think GRR Martin got involved in the series and got distracted. I worry that something might happen to him before he gets the series finished. He is neither young nor particularly healthy looking, and it's not looking hopeful that he's anywhere close to having the books finished

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read books 1 - 5 about 4 years ago (maybe longer - I wanted to read the books before watching the series, and the series had just finished season 2 at that point IIRC). I was hoping that book 6 would come out shortly after I finished book 5, given that it was scheduled to come out about a year later. Sadly, I think GRR Martin got involved in the series and got distracted. I worry that something might happen to him before he gets the series finished. He is neither young nor particularly healthy looking, and it's not looking hopeful that he's anywhere close to having the books finished

Yes, and I worry I might die before the last book or season.

I'm on season one, episode 8 and I am reminded of a few things:

1) freaking Lannisters are all over the place causing drama.

2) I love Syrio Forel.

3) Robert wasn't a good king

All of the kids were so young as actors!!

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes, and I worry I might die before the last book or season.

2) I love Syrio Forel.

Just say, "Not today" if he tries to show up before you've watched the final season in its entirety ;)2

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just say, "Not today" if he tries to show up before you've watched the final season in its entirety ;)2

I've been saying that in my head while cleaning up today :lol: "Not today"

ETA: i told my son if I die before the next season, he will have to have a seance so I can live stream :lol:

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Everyone ready for tomorrow??

They have been airing a marathon today, so I got nothing done. It's amazing how many little things that I have forgotten about. I feel like there are so many little side stories/characters that must have some reason, I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so ready!!! Yay! We watched seasons 1-7 for about the 6th time a couple months ago so we are all prepared.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so ready!!! Yay! We watched seasons 1-7 for about the 6th time a couple months ago so we are all prepared.
I really wanted to rewatch the entire series, to refresh my memory, but never got around to it. Watching some episodes today, hopefully that will help. I suspect that it will be one of those that you watch after you have seen the whole thing completed and are feeling like how did I not "see that before". So excited!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really wanted to rewatch the entire series, to refresh my memory, but never got around to it. Watching some episodes today, hopefully that will help. I suspect that it will be one of those that you watch after you have seen the whole thing completed and are feeling like how did I not "see that before". So excited!!!
We love it so much we own all the seasons on dvd. There are a few series that we buy because we can watch them over and over. My manly man DH and I are in the middle of season 3 of Downton Abbey right now. :mrgreen: He loves it every time we watch it, this time it was his idea.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somebody said to rewatch the first season before tomorrow. Not sure why.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

They have been airing a marathon today, so I got nothing done. It's amazing how many little things that I have forgotten about. I feel like there are so many little side stories/characters that must have some reason, I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

My sense is that they have a reason in the books, but that the tv series purged them for the sake of brevity. I found that things seemed to go down hill a bit after the series ran out of source material from the books. I wish GRR Martin would get focused and stop writing history books and side novellas and just finish the books already! I’m a little afraid he won’t make it...

But the series has overall been fantastic. I have enjoyed it.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just wrapped up watching all the series again. We are ready!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am dying for tomorrow night!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I the only one who’s never watched GOT?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am looking forward to it but we have not yet rewatched all the episodes. I have been waiting and savoring the anticipation but will be starting late as I want to (need to) re watch it from the beginning. My memory isn't very good these days unfortunately so that is why I want to watch it all over from the beginning so I can fully appreciate the new season. :appl:

Somebody said to rewatch the first season before tomorrow. Not sure why.

Interesting, just to rewatch the first season? I know I have to watch all of them again to fully appreciate all that is happening.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results