shape
carat
color
clarity

Any flags on this princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fullhead

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I posted yesterday, but didn''t get many responses about the stone.
I''m real close to pulling the trigger on this rock - any flags that can be seen from the cert info?
G, VS2,
6.47 X 6.33 x4.59
depth 72.5%
table 74%
thin to very thick girdle
polish very good
symmetry good
no florescence
asking about $8,900

Many thx!

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
Never mind - I just looked at the subject line!
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The length to width ratio is good at 1.02:1.

The depth is good too.

The table is just a touch on the larger side.

If you have the crown height available, you can crunch the DIY system at www.gemappraisers.com to learn the Cut Class. The table is a 2A. The depth is a 1A. But the girdle thickness is 3A/3B. The final, overall grade would be a "blend" of the defining criteria. Crown height will crucial to the overall Cut Class of the diamond.

Keep in mind, that Princess cuts must be seen in person. You cannot evalute Princess diamonds solely based on the paper specs.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't look like you are after a bargain....
read.gif
The numbers look average, with the only clear detraction being the somewhat deeper cut (and resulting smaller facing stone). However, these cannot say whether this princess cut gets anywhere nera the brilliance expected from the model.

PQ is right to say that seeing is believing - but one needs experience to evaluate a diamond visually - same for cut as for color and clarity. You did go for a certified stone to make sure of clarity, color and weight - but there is precisous little about cut quality on a GIA cert.

If size and brilliance are not an issue, than why not
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results