shape
carat
color
clarity

Any final advice ??? Cushion Expets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MattyB5576

Rough_Rock
Soooooo I spoke with my jeweler today and asked him about the big price difference on the diamond he is trying to sell me and why that same stone with the same GIA cert advertised online is a lot cheaper, $1500 cheaper. The stone is beautiful and sparkly which my girlfriend likes. So he called the distributor and told me that they could lower the price from $6800 to $6500 for the diamond and then the ring and setting would probably cost less then $1000 in 14K white gold. I know no matter the cost that because my gf thinks the stone is beautiful that''s what matters the most Butttttttttttt in everyones professional and expert opinion do you think this a good deal for this diamond???? Also any recommendations on white gold vs platinum? Platinum is wicked expensive right now that is why I am sticking to the WG.

Thank you, MB

Here is the ring:

GIA Cert They wnat $6500
Carat Weight 1.38
Color D
Clarity SI2
Depth 63.5 %
Table 62%
Symmetry VG
Polish VG
Girdle TK-XTK
Culet N
Fluorescence N
Measurements 6.84x6.11x3.88
Cut Grade N/A
Cut GradeN/A

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
This was kinda discussed in another thread 2 days ago. It was explaing that it costs money to have these stones shipped in and they have to cover the costs. That being said, it cotst around $300 for a 3ct to do a round trip, so the cost varies depending on the size of the stone I think.There are very very few B&M''s that can compete with online, and they don''t want to. As far as whether or not it is a good deal... It''s cheaper online, why not buy it there?

Other than that the stone looks great! A D color stone!! Wow! Is it eye clean?

MattyB5576

Rough_Rock
I am sure online vendors are reliable I guess I just feel more safe buying the ring and stone from the same store and having it set there so that it is warrantied under them as they do provide a lifetime warranty on the ring. I would obviously get insurance for the stone. If I were to get them seperately they wouldnt warranty anything. It is a beautiful stone and sparkles a ton. If you tilt the stone so that you can glare across the table as opposed to straight down or from the side and look extremely close you can see a tiny pinhead size black dot. I had to look at it under a 10x loop to find it and then once I saw it i could see it at certain angles. It''s a beautiful stone though.

thanks for the response,
Matt

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
If you both love the stone, then I say go for it. It''s nice to have someone local to set the stone and help you maintain the ring. B&Ms need to pay their rent and you have the benefit of seeing the stone in person, so to me, it would be worth the extra $ if you think that it''s the stone.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I guess what is getting me is that, and maybe I misread, but the stone from the B&M is the exact same stone you can get online right??? Why pay the mark up? You can still get it set at the B&M and if they are setting it in a premade setting or making you a custom ring the should stand behind their product regardless of where the stone is purchased. I guess my answer would be: No. It''s not a good deal to pay $1500 more for the exact same thing... That''s a huge chunk of money considering the cost of the stone... Just my .02c
40.gif

MattyB5576

Rough_Rock
It is the exact same stone but the problem here is that the store has the stone, so the company online where i saw the diamond for sale doesnt have it available anymore since the store has it and if the store sends it back then I don''t know if the online vendor will still be able to get it. I was able to talk the store down a few hundred dollars so the difference would be $900. I am by no means made of money but I have begun to build a working relationship with the jeweler in this ring search and value the ability to see and hold the stone. I don''t know if I value it as much as $900 HAHAH but I do really like it.
Thanks for all your responses,
MB

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
This is irritating isn''t it, because you want the stone and the B&M has it, and you''ve developed a rapport with them but the price, not so much. I wonder if one of the online vendors like Mark Turnowski at Engagement Rings Direct could put a hold on this stone so that when (and if) it goes back to the supplier, he will have first dibs at it. That''s one route you could explore with Mark if you think you can let it go. If there is a price you would feel comfortable paying to your local guy, perhaps you could try one more time to negotiate with him. I think many cushion lovers will agree that finding that perfect stone can be very hard, especially once you decide that you love the cut, colour, proportions, etc. of a certain stone. If it does get away, be prepared for a long haul to find something exactly like the one you saw. That said, you could end up finding something even better (or not).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results