shape
carat
color
clarity

Any feedback wouldbe helpful, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bobcat1

Rough_Rock
Hi, found this site just in time. I would love any advice you could give, I''ve narrowed the engagement ring search down to two. I wanted it to look as close to 1ct as possible so I was leaning towards the first one because my thinking was anything >.9 would be almost unnoticeable, but less might be noticeable. However, I imagine the specs on the second one should persuade me. Also, I was originally looking at SI1 to be able to afford a good cut (and this is all assuming the first one is confirmed eye clean) and it seems the reason the second also fell in my price range was less weight, but also strong blue flo, any thoughts on that? I was really only considering >.9 so I guess the primary question is whether most of you would ditch that in favor of the specs on the second one? Thanks very much for your help!

Candidate 1

.91ct Ideal Cut
F/SI1
Polish - Excellent
Symetry - Excellent
6.22 x 6.26 x 3.84
Table 55%
Depth 61.6%
Crown 34.7 degrees
Pavillion 40.7 degrees
No Flo
Culet - Pointed
HCA score 1.1

Candidate 2

.86 Ideal Cut
D/VS2
Polish - Excellent
Symetry - Excellent
6.09 x 6.12 x 3.8
Table 54%
Depth 62.2%
Crown 34.5 degrees
Pavillion 40.8 degrees
Strong Blue Flo
Culet - None
HCA score 1.4

bobcat1

Rough_Rock
Also, girdle on first one is thin to slightly thick. On the second one it''s medium to slightly thick.

Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d go with the first one as long as the inclusions are not visible to the eye. A 1 ct. stone is 6.4mm, and the first one is not too much less than that. F color is plenty white.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Assuming it''s eyeclean, I''d vote for 1 also. Sounds like a lovely stone.

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Stone 1 looks like the winner to me - assuming it is eye-clean...and of course you can''t assume this at all -- but if the vendor can confirm that it is eye-clean, I would choose that one. F is a brilliantly white color, it faces up larger than the other stone and should look like a full 1 carat stone to any observer, has a better HCA score for what that is worth, has no flourescence (which I think increases value and most would advise you don''t "need" flour with such a white stone anyway,) and generally sounds like a very beautiful stone!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
There are people who are looking for the D-strong fluor combo, but it sounds like you are not one of them. So, I would go with the first stone. You will not see any color in an F. Great choice.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I actually favor the specs on #1, but it''s because I place more emphasis on cut than anything.

You''ll never see the difference between D and F, and you''ll likely never see the diff. between the VS2 and the SI1 either as long as it''s eyeclean.

I''d go with #1 all day.

bobcat1

Rough_Rock
Great, thanks for all the input, my original instinct was to go with 1 also. I just wasn''t sure if because a D came along in your price range you should take it, "just because it''s a D" even though you lose a little weight. Finding out on Monday if 1 is eye clean, let''s hope this wasn''t all for nothing! Really the only thing with number 1 that I''m not at least somewhat familiar with is the pointed culet. Is that good, bad, neither? Also, just for the sake of getting perspective, anyone out there that would clearly take number 2?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 10:18:46 AM
Author: bobcat1
Great, thanks for all the input, my original instinct was to go with 1 also. I just wasn''t sure if because a D came along in your price range you should take it, ''just because it''s a D'' even though you lose a little weight. Finding out on Monday if 1 is eye clean, let''s hope this wasn''t all for nothing! Really the only thing with number 1 that I''m not at least somewhat familiar with is the pointed culet. Is that good, bad, neither? Also, just for the sake of getting perspective, anyone out there that would clearly take number 2?
Is good. You want "pointed" or "none".
2.gif

bobcat1

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 10:32:24 AM
Author: Ellen
Date: 10/13/2007 10:18:46 AM

Author: bobcat1

Great, thanks for all the input, my original instinct was to go with 1 also. I just wasn''t sure if because a D came along in your price range you should take it, ''just because it''s a D'' even though you lose a little weight. Finding out on Monday if 1 is eye clean, let''s hope this wasn''t all for nothing! Really the only thing with number 1 that I''m not at least somewhat familiar with is the pointed culet. Is that good, bad, neither? Also, just for the sake of getting perspective, anyone out there that would clearly take number 2?
Is good. You want ''pointed'' or ''none''.
2.gif

Thanks!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results