shape
carat
color
clarity

Any feedback on this RB?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

La Jolla

Rough_Rock
Any feedback on this round brilliant? It’s for an e-ring.
1.65 carat G-SI2, eye-clean
7.54 x 7.56 x 4.69mm
Depth 62%
Table 56%
Crown 33.5° Crown height 14.7%
Pavilion 41° Pavilion depth 43.4%
Culet 0.4%
Girdle min. 1.85%, max. 2.64% (medium to slightly thick)
Star/Upper ratio 47:53
Brilliance: 90, Fire: 76, Scintillation: 63
GIA Excellent Cut, Excellent Polish, Excellent Symmetry
HCA score: 1.1
$8,678
Opinions appreciated. Thanks!

LaJolla_IdealScope.jpg

La Jolla

Rough_Rock
ASET image of same diamond.

LaJolla_ASETimage.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has definite potential but do you have actual Idealscope or ASET images rather than the computer generated ones please? Also do you have the lower girdle facet percentage too?

La Jolla

Rough_Rock
Lorelei, thanks. These are the I-S and ASET images that David Atlas sent to me of the diamond. He didn''t include lower girdle facet percentage.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 1:17:32 PM
Author: La Jolla
Lorelei, thanks. These are the I-S and ASET images that David Atlas sent to me of the diamond. He didn't include lower girdle facet percentage.
Ok if David is involved then you are in excellent hands! The LGF is nice to know but not essential in that case and you can trust David's advice concerning this diamond, this is the one you were looking at earlier and he is evaluating it for you?

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock

i am curious
may i know which equipment is providing these numbers?
where did you get them from?
thanks

La Jolla

Rough_Rock
No it''s a different stone, but similarly priced. I told him I was considering posting the images and information about the diamond on Pricescope for feedback and he encouraged me to do so. What I want to know is if I may be able to do better within my budget of about $9000-$9500. By the way, why did you think the images were computer-generated? Do computer-generated ones look different?

La Jolla

Rough_Rock

i am curious
may i know which equipment is providing these numbers?
where did you get them from?
thanks

Mark, as I said, the numbers are from David Atlas (OldMiner). I''m not sure what equipment he used. I can ask him.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yap, these are computer generated from the actual scans probably using DiamCalc.

They look good.

La Jolla

Rough_Rock
I emailed DA, so I''m sure he''ll shed some additional light on it as the day unfolds.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 2:02:26 PM
I emailed DA, so I''m sure he''ll shed some additional light on it as the day unfolds.
Sounds fine and keep us posted!

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
It''s just the stone I''m looking for! LOL. Let me know if you turn it loose.

La Jolla

Rough_Rock
HVVS, I will be sure to let you know if I decide against the stone!

All,

Here is a set of more detailed (and slightly modified) measurement data that I just got from DA for this diamond. He had no role in picking it out. He''s just measuring and imaging it for me, so I''d like you candid opinion about it.

1.65 ct G-SI2, eye-clean
7.54 x 7.59 x 4.69mm
Depth 61.96%
Table 56.1%
Crown 33.61°
Crown height 14.60%
Pavilion 41.00°
Pavilion depth 43.35%
Culet 0.4%
Girdle minimum 1.80%, maximum 2.64% (medium to slightly thick)
Star/Upper ratio 47:53
Star Length 47.0%
Lower Halves 81.4%
GIA Excellent Cut, Excellent Polish, Excellent Symmetry
HCA score: 1.2
$8,678

What equipment did DA use?

He says he used Sarin DiaExpert with Diavision Professional software. The software package includes a "Cut Grade Analyzer," which he says provides a ray-tracing program that gives the results. He added that although it’s not universally accepted and is in fact no longer offered by Sarin, he believes it has good output, it takes little time to run, and the results it yields tend to agree with the visual assessment he would make on his own.

Far as the I-S and ASET images, he used DiamCalc to make them. He says they are clearer than photography, believes they are just as valid, and are faster to create.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything looks good, if David recommends the stone then thats about the best opinion you can get!

La Jolla

Rough_Rock
Anyone:

Could someone show me how I email an individual who responded to a posting of mine?

A few days ago HHVS wrote: "It''s just the stone I''m looking for! LOL. Let me know if you turn it loose."

I would like to email him/her to say the stone may be available. Thanks a mil.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ask the admin to help?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2009 11:38:30 AM
Anyone:

Could someone show me how I email an individual who responded to a posting of mine?

A few days ago HHVS wrote: ''It''s just the stone I''m looking for! LOL. Let me know if you turn it loose.''

I would like to email him/her to say the stone may be available. Thanks a mil.
HVVS is still around, start a new thread in RT letting them know the stone is available and page them in the title, we will keep an eye out for them and direct them to the thread.

La Jolla

Rough_Rock
No, I just saw your email, StoneCold11. I didn''t think to ask admin. I posted an email with HHVS''s name in the subject line, but it was removed by admin as a breach of community rules. I apologized to them. But your email is a good suggestion. I''ll try that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results