shape
carat
color
clarity

Any feedback on Brian Gavin Preorder?

eefaye0728

Rough_Rock
Some of you might have read my post that I am looking for a 3.5-4ct RB Triple 0, vs1/2, H-I color stone for an anniversary upgrade. I have visited with WF but their in-house selection was limited at this range, and I am hesitated to go to J color.

Brian Gavin provided this option which appears to be ideal and I would like to hear what you think to the signature pre-order if there anything I should be of concern?

Victor Canera is going to have a stone in this range too at 3.69ct I VS2, at similar price as well. But since Brian Gavin is local to me, I sort of prefer them. Let me know what you think.

Thank you.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would only go with BGD if you are sure you won't upgrade in the future. Their upgrade policy is much more restrictive than WF or CBI, so just make sure it's your "forever" stone if you go this route.

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Some of you might have read my post that I am looking for a 3.5-4ct RB Triple 0, vs1/2, H-I color stone for an anniversary upgrade. I have visited with WF but their in-house selection was limited at this range, and I am hesitated to go to J color.

Brian Gavin provided this option which appears to be ideal and I would like to hear what you think to the signature pre-order if there anything I should be of concern?

Victor Canera is going to have a stone in this range too at 3.69ct I VS2, at similar price as well. But since Brian Gavin is local to me, I sort of prefer them. Let me know what you think.

Thank you.

Do you ever plan to upgrade? That would be the only thing that would bother me with BG. You’d have to go up in two categories which would get really expensive.

eefaye0728

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your feedback @Txborn79 @lovedogs ! I did ask them and was told they were flexible with their 2/3 as long as it is more $$, they will be fine with it.

This is an upgrade for me, and i definitely plan to upgrade down the road. So thanks for bringing this up!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your feedback @Txborn79 @lovedogs ! I did ask them and was told they were flexible with their 2/3 as long as it is more $$, they will be fine with it.

This is an upgrade for me, and i definitely plan to upgrade down the road. So thanks for bringing this up!

I would get that in writing, since that isn't their policy on paper. I would make them be very specific about what they will allow.

eefaye0728

Rough_Rock
@lovedogs This is copy paste from their email to me. Looks fine to me? Or do you think it needs to be very specific?
"
We are very flexible with our upgrade policy and you do not have to upgrade in the 2/3 C's. We use this more as a guide as it helps clients upgrade.

As long as you spend more money with us, and not treat it as a lateral movement (even exchange), we should be fine. "

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
@lovedogs This is copy paste from their email to me. Looks fine to me? Or do you think it needs to be very specific?
"
We are very flexible with our upgrade policy and you do not have to upgrade in the 2/3 C's. We use this more as a guide as it helps clients upgrade.

As long as you spend more money with us, and not treat it as a lateral movement (even exchange), we should be fine. "

IMO, that is not good enough. Notice it says “we SHOULD be fine”. When you are talking this amount of money, it needs to be clear as day, in writing and signed by someone with authority. On a different note, I would get both stones -VC and BG and return the one you don’t like.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"

For me that wouldn't be enough. I would want it to specifically say that you can upgrade to any stone $1 more (like WF and CBI), or at least something like any stone that is over $XX amount or more. It needs to be specific and signed by someone high up. Otherwise it's just someone's word over email, which is not sufficient when talking about a ton of money.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
@lovedogs @NicoleNeedsHelp
Very good point. I will check on that. I do not necessarily need a $1 upgrade guarantee, but something like $x amount would be great!

Just making sure you’re protected. There is no doubt that a stone from either vendor will be great. I cannot wait to see it!! Keep us updated with pics so we can be jealous... and share your joy. :oops2:

eefaye0728

Rough_Rock
Just making sure you’re protected. There is no doubt that a stone from either vendor will be great. I cannot wait to see it!! Keep us updated with pics so we can be jealous... and share your joy. :oops2:

lol, I will:)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it going to be an AGS000 stone? Is it going to be H&A? They dont really provide any info in the link except it will be
3.72 I/VS1 for $62730.

No repots, no videos/pictures/aset/idealscope of the stone. I assume (you need to ask) if you can refuse the stone
when it comes in (if for any reason its not to your liking).

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, I heard back from BGD. It looks like the same response (almost verbatim) that @eefaye0728 received, including the “should” that @NicoleNeedsHelp noted:

”To confirm, we are very flexible with our upgrade policy and you do not have to satisfy in 2/3 C's in order to upgrade. We use this as more of a guide to help clients when upgrading in our FAQ.

As long as you just spend more money with us and treat it as a true upgrade, and not a lateral movement (ie: an even exchange), you should be fine.”

Their customer service has always been excellent and accommodating in my experience, but unfortunately it doesn’t look like they’re going to give a more specific guarantee for upgrade protection. Sorry I wasn’t more help.

Last edited:

eefaye0728

Rough_Rock
Is it going to be an AGS000 stone? Is it going to be H&A? They dont really provide any info in the link except it will be
3.72 I/VS1 for $62730.

No repots, no videos/pictures/aset/idealscope of the stone. I assume (you need to ask) if you can refuse the stone
when it comes in (if for any reason its not to your liking).

Yes it is part of their signature collection but just preorder, triple 0, ha, 15 days return.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I got a preorder stone from BG, and I’m extremely happy with it. You don’t get all of the specs until it’s graded by AGS, but it will be an AGS0.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the past few years, no one has stocked more diamonds above three carats than Whiteflash. That's why I'd choose them if there is any possibility of upgrading in a higher carat range. Right this minute is an unusual time with supplies limited in jewelry and diamonds due to the pandemic. I'd wait for WF to get more in.

eefaye0728

Rough_Rock
I got a preorder stone from BG, and I’m extremely happy with it. You don’t get all of the specs until it’s graded by AGS, but it will be an AGS0.

Thank you for sharing that!

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you.

did you find a stone?

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Personal take.. With such a big amount of money involved.. I wouldn't go for BG with such imprecise wordings. Who knows.. The company owner might change in the future.. Policy changes.. Management changes. I will definitely go with WF.

gerryb92

Rough_Rock
Personal take.. With such a big amount of money involved.. I wouldn't go for BG with such imprecise wordings. Who knows.. The company owner might change in the future.. Policy changes.. Management changes. I will definitely go with WF.

How would that differ from the potential that Whiteflash could change owner, or policy, or management in the future? The potential for future change seems to be an odd deciding factor to me.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
How would that differ from the potential that Whiteflash could change owner, or policy, or management in the future? The potential for future change seems to be an odd deciding factor to me.
I am under the impression that each purchase will come with a guarantee of lifetime upgrade (with the conditions delineated in the invoice or purchase order). This will cover the buyer from future changes.

I wonder why BG states differing upgrade conditions from what is listed from their website. To me that's not transparent and doesn't protect the consumer. Why don't they make the conditions known upfront?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results