shape
carat
color
clarity

Any experiences with brite co jewelry insurance?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone had any experience with Briteco insurance? I have a few pieces that I need to insure and I’m trying to decide between them and jewelers mutual. I like that they cover up to 125% of the appraised value, they do yearly value updates, and cover preventative maintenance. It looks like the way to go on paper but curious if anyone has actually had experience filing a claim.

EClove

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone had any experience with Briteco insurance? I have a few pieces that I need to insure and I’m trying to decide between them and jewelers mutual. I like that they cover up to 125% of the appraised value, they do yearly value updates, and cover preventative maintenance. It looks like the way to go on paper but curious if anyone has actually had experience filing a claim.

I’m also interested, so following! I insured with them after reading reviews elsewhere but I’d rather hear someone’s experience with a claim on PS

FrankieLu

Rough_Rock

I have. I chose them because the price and coverage. I actually lost the ring when traveling to propose to my girlfriend. I was afraid because I just took the policy out a few days before but they didn’t give me any hassle. I worked with one of their support people and she was was pretty good. I took another policy with them and I’m still with them. I would recommend.

julchak

Rough_Rock
I have. I chose them because the price and coverage. I actually lost the ring when traveling to propose to my girlfriend. I was afraid because I just took the policy out a few days before but they didn’t give me any hassle. I worked with one of their support people and she was was pretty good. I took another policy with them and I’m still with them. I would recommend.

That's awesome!

I just took out a Jewelers Mutual for the loose stone I bought, and will be shipping to another jeweler for the setting/to be set. Thinking of going with Briteco for the full complete ring at that point though after seeing their policy.

Anyone else have any experience with Briteco? I'm curious about how they deal with damage, the appreciation of the ring over time and how that "up to 125%" and re-upping the appraised value works?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock

I just now saw this! Thank you so much. It’s great to hear that you had a good experience.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never heard of them. I think the main advantage of Jewelers Mutual is that they are familiar with some PS vendors such as Whiteflash and would replace a lost WF diamond with another one. So I'd be cautious without hearing a lot more reviews.

I'd find out if you can refuse the value increase each year. I don't like that because I know for sure diamond prices sometimes are high and go down. They don't always go up. That's just their automatic way of increasing premiums.

vintage diamond

Rough_Rock
My only experience was that I applied for a quote and they denied me. Not sure why. I'm curious if they don't insure rings over a certain dollar amount. I had no issue getting a policy with Jewelers Mutual.

SarahPJewels

Rough_Rock
Big fan and use briteco for my pieces because they are the best cost. I lost a piece and they were fast and responsive about replacing my ring. THEN I found it! So glad to have it back but feel great knowing that they have my back. Highly recommend.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone else a bit skeeved out that the only two people in this thread who have used them - who both apparently had great experiences - both have exactly one post, the post in this thread?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results