shape
carat
color
clarity

Any experiences with antiqueengagementrings.com?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mishy

Rough_Rock
Long story short, I inherited my grandmothers antique platinum engagement ring and I am now in search of a very thin platinum and diamond band to wear with it. (Anything more than a simple and thin band seems a bit much to wear with this very intricately detailed ring that already has plenty of diamonds, plus I have a size 4-1/2 finger). Since this is a 1930''s-era ring, I want an "antiquey" look for the wedding band. I did a search and checked out several sites, and found a very thin band much like I want on www.antiqueengagementrings.com. The ring I like is a reproduction of an antique, platinum with small diamonds, and is very, very thin. (The reproduction part doesn''t bother me at all, just as long as it looks good with my e-ring):

Has anyone ordered from this site? If so what was your experience? Any other recommended sites for antique or reproduction platinum wedding bands?

Thanks!

L1107plA.jpeg

mishy

Rough_Rock
I meant to post the pic of the ring AFTER the colon, but you get the idea. (first time posting a pic!)

Thanks again,
Mishy

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
they have mixed reviews here. try doing a search in the search box. i know of a few pricescopers who weren''t happy witht the quality and sent the rings back. others have been pleased. check the return policy, may be worth a look if the price is right.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased our wedding bands through them. My band is an estate piece- approx. 50 yrs old and I am thrilled w/ it. My husband''s band was a new platinum band that we just ordered through them and it is nice and we got a great price on it.

Leigh who owns AER.com is nice- if you have questions you should give him a call. At the time of our purchase I lived in NYC and went to his booth on 47th Street to see the rings in person- everything was exactly as it appeared online and I know he offers a fair return policy.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Leigh is very nice and they are very good about honoring their return policy. I found them to not be very responsive on email, though, and often my emails went ignored. Calling is the fastest way to get someone. I ended up not keeping the item I ordered, but not because there was anything wrong with it, I just didn''t like it on my hand.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi there,

I have this exact ring, same size 4.5! :)

I found the price to be very reasonable. My engagement ring setting is also from Leigh (same vendor).

I''ve had the ring over a year, and all is fine. My only complaint would be that the diamonds themselves seem smaller than expected (do not fill the width of the band quite as fully as shown in the photo).

I don''t have many pics of my wedding set, but I''m attaching one from another thread here where I''m also showing a tennis bracelet. Hope it helps.

Post back if you have any more questions.

Anne

anne_tennis_alone2.jpg

mishy

Rough_Rock
Anne - ooooh thanks so much! Seeing a photo of the actual ring on your finger really helps, particularly knowing it's in the same size. Your wedding set is just gorgeous, I love it! So is your tennis bracelet, for that matter!

Are you satisfied with the quality/whiteness/sparkle of the diamonds on the band? How long did it take to receive the band? How was their customer service? The price seems quite reasonable, but I want to be sure before plunking down any $.

TIA.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Mishy,

Thanks for the compliments. :)

Yes, I am satisfied with the color and clarity of the diamonds. They are pretty, so issues there.

I cannot remember exactly how long it took to receive it after ordering... maybe a few weeks? Like 2-3.

I agree with earlier posters than Leigh was hard to reach by email. Phone worked better. He has a nice assistant also (a young girl, Stephanie I think), she was very helpful too.

Hope this helps! Let me know if there''s anything else. Good luck. :)

Anne

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
My e-ring is from Leigh. I LOVE it.

My sister and my (now) husband went shopping at his booth after I showed my sis a ring I liked from his website. My sis and DH loved the ring in person, but DH wanted to shop around, compare prices, etc. They first went to Leigh''s booth JUST before the 2 week vacation all diamond district jewelers take in the summer. He actually posted on his webstore that my ring was sold while DH was compaison shopping, so that DH wouldn''t lose his chance at the ring over the vacation. (Since it was an original antique, Leigh was worried someone might place an order while he was on vacation and we would have to honor the web order if it preceeded a return trip to the booth by my husband.) I find that kind of customer service impressive!

It definitely seemed as though phone was a better way for DH to communicate with Leigh than email.

I purchased my band through signedpieces.com aka thefacetscollection.com. They were also great to work with.

mishy

Rough_Rock
Thanks - you all are so great! It sounds like it''s a decent place to purchase.

So ... I went back on the site and it looks like the price of the ring has JUST gone up by over $100 - urrrgh! Figures, you snooze you lose.

I really like that ring, but still haven''t quite decided what to do. I plan to try on some different style bands at B&M stores this weekend, just to see what style/width works best with this ring. I am quite sure I want something very thin, but don''t know whether it will need to be curved or will look fine round.

Mishy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results