shape
carat
color
clarity

Any experiences or review for LilaGem Antiques?

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I think I *may* have found the stone that I've been searching for (it's been at least 6 months). I've already searched the forum but wondering if anyone has had experience purchasing with LilaGem Antiques based out of Belgium.

I don't have any red flags so far with our conversation but lack of reviews or information about this vendor has me nervous.

I will make a separate post for the stone unless someone here can confirm that this is not a reputable seller. Considering also cross-posting in Vintage and Antiques forum as well if no feedback.

Thank you!

Their website which also links to their IG: https://www.lilagem.com/

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very professional looking website.
I would check what the refund procedure is if you really aren’t happy with your purchase.
If buying from another country (as I am always doing) make sure you are 99% sure because you’ll be out expensive shipping costs (both ways), any merchant fees the seller can’t recoup and any import / customs fees if you do decide to return.
I always pay with a credit card linked to PayPal.
Paypal has the best buyer protection BUT they now keep their 3% fee irrespective of whether the sale completes. So if you do a return, you wont get back the PayPal fees.
Visa or American Express also have good buyer protection.
Be cautious with using bank transfer or wire, while it might be cheaper (because it’s also cheaper for the seller) getting a refund if there is a problem is difficult and complicated.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Very professional looking website.
I would check what the refund procedure is if you really aren’t happy with your purchase.
If buying from another country (as I am always doing) make sure you are 99% sure because you’ll be out expensive shipping costs (both ways), any merchant fees the seller can’t recoup and any import / customs fees if you do decide to return.
I always pay with a credit card linked to PayPal.
Paypal has the best buyer protection BUT they now keep their 3% fee irrespective of whether the sale completes. So if you do a return, you wont get back the PayPal fees.
Visa or American Express also have good buyer protection.
Be cautious with using bank transfer or wire, while it might be cheaper (because it’s also cheaper for the seller) getting a refund if there is a problem is difficult and complicated.

Thank you for taking a look at the website and giving your input despite not having experience with this actual seller! Yes the seller has a preference for PayPal for buyer and seller protection which I appreciated and did not suggest any alternative or more risky forms of payment.

I did not inquire about refund policy as it seems like a huge headache when dealing with an international purchase due to the factors you mentioned, but for completeness I will ask but hope that it does not come to that.

Since you mentioned you often buy out of the country, have you purchased recently from Belgium or a nearby vicinity and if so could I get a rough idea of what you paid for customs? The seller sent me some quotes but said it would be best to contact a local customs office for the best price quote.

Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results