shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Experience with this Vendor?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hindhede

Rough_Rock
Dear All

Have any of you dealt or heard anything about Diamond & Gemstone Promotional Jewelry? Its address is: 550 S. Hill Street, Suite 1300, Los Angeles, CA 90013 USA.

It is a very active eBay vendor under the name "DiaGeminc" with a 24,000+ positive feedback rating. Ordinarily, I would have been very satisfied with this, but the overwhelming majority of the feedback is for items that are below $20.

Have any of you purchased Diamonds from this company before? Any advise or feedback will be most appreciated. Thanks.

buttercup

Rough_Rock
If this is the same DIAGEMINC referred to here, I'd stay away.
http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13518

that diageminc doesn't accept returns, does the diageminc you are talking about have a fair return policy?

meedrew

Rough_Rock
I can't speak for this other guy and all I can tell you so far is what I know. I contacted Diageminc and addressed this very same issue..... I was told that I had 7 working days in order to return my purchase for a full refund ..... I purchase the item 12/28/02, so I have not receieved the product yet, the person that responded to you earlier may have been one of those $20 purchases you mentioned.......... I mean think about it, if you were a candy store owner would you take back a bag of half opened penny candy. My purchase is over 2 grand, I'm not saying go for it, I am saying that I will keep you informed......... You have to keep in mind also that just because an item looks great on-line, doesn't mean the same is true when held in hand..............

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Buying jewelry for $2K on e-bay makes no sense to anyone who knows the pitfalls of buying jewelry. If you really love to gamble and you don't mind paying, being dissappointed and trying to get your money back, then e-bay is for you.

There are just so many totally legitimate vendors on the Internet or in B&M stores willing to tell you up-front a fair price for what they have to sell. If you love bidding and don't mind the consequences, then e-bay is your cup of tea.

Just remember, there are other options. Few dealers go to e-bay to sell for losses. Once they have a winning bid they are making money like any other vendor. You just never know what the right price really was.

meedrew

Rough_Rock
I received my purchase and had it appraised............ I got a great deal, I had it appraised locally and for what was paid, I was told by that I practically stole it ...... but it doesn't mean that you should jump right in and buy, I did a lot and I mean alot of research on this company before I purchased......... you should do the same ....... don't take my word for it, because for all you know I could work for them, although I do not, in case you were wondering the ring was appraised @ $10500, and it cost me $300 @ $150 an hour to find out what Diageminc had already stated in their appraisal of the item........:wavey:

5wolves

Rough_Rock
I JUST RECENTLY BOUGHT A 1.98 CARAT 3-STONE DIAMOND RING FROM THEM OFF OF EBAY. THE APPRAISAL WAS LAUGHED AT BY A JEWELER ALONG WITH THEIR DESCRIPTION OF COLOR AND CLARITY, WHEN I WENT TO HAVE IT SIZED. I AM IN TEH PROCESS OF TRYING TO GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THEM, WILL LET YOU KNOW.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
lb frank,

May I ask why you choose to buy from Ebay and not one of the reputable online vendors that are advertised here on pricescope?

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2003 6:49:58 PM
Author: meedrew
I received my purchase and had it appraised............ I got a great deal, I had it appraised locally and for what was paid, I was told by that I practically stole it ...... but it doesn't mean that you should jump right in and buy, I did a lot and I mean alot of research on this company before I purchased......... you should do the same ....... don't take my word for it, because for all you know I could work for them, although I do not, in case you were wondering the ring was appraised @ $10500, and it cost me $300 @ $150 an hour to find out what Diageminc had already stated in their appraisal of the item........
35.gif
I am wondering why it should have taken two hours and $300 to appraise a ring you paid $2000 for since you already had the information from Diageminc. Did you use one of the appraisers listed on Pricescope listed above and did they do an OGI or Sarin, Idealscope, photos in addition to some of the other sophisticated tests. What did they do with the stone in the two hours?

I know that I have had appraisals done for large stones by fully accredited appraisers with extensive tests and diagrams, It took a lot less time per stone and cost a lot less. I do not think Dave Atlas or Richard Sherwood would have taken two hours to appraise a $2,000 stone nor should it take that long to appraise it unless it is a very large, unusual or very valuable stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results