clarity

Any exciting summer plans?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient - let me know how the Kenny Rogers concert is. Just over a year ago we saw him in concert and it was very sad. He forgot words to songs and stories he was telling. His guitarist had to help him with both. At one point we knew a previously recorded voice was used in some songs because he stopped singing and turned from the mic and his voice was still heard playing. He's been one of my favourite entertainers since I was a teenager. I've seen him at least a dozen times throughout the years and we were shocked at the difference from the concert 2 or 3 years previously. I'm hoping he was still in the recovery mode from his knee surgery that caused his confusion that time.

Sorry to threadjack everyone.

We have no plans to travel this summer. We're finishing up some landscaping which is exciting to us :lol: . We may try to take a couple of weekend trips to our home province this year. Our youngest dog will be in recovery mode from double knee surgery so a lot depends on her.

Wow! May be a good thing this is his final tour!

Oh....
Added Hank Williams Jr. to the list of concerts confirmed for the summer. Someone is smart! Announce one at a time then I can justify "just one more" and buy the tickets and then they announce the next one and it is excitement all over again and (another) for the "just one more" list :doh:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient - wow, are you going to be busy this summer! I hope you and DH are able to reconnect
since you'll be getting some alone time. ENJOY it ALL!

Tekate - Athens then a cruise...this is one of my dream vacations! I doubt it will ever happen but
I can still dream. I hope you will post some pictures when you get back?

Monarch - I am thinking about the DC thing next summer. I thing my DD will enjoy it if I dont make
her do to many museums! We'll see. So many things I want to do and places I want to go and I'm
running out of time because she is growing up! Copenhagen sounds lovely especially since you know
someone there. That can really make all the difference...hope you can pull it all together.

Chemgirl - Pikes Peak Marathon? Wow...I'm impressed! Cant image all the beautiful scenery you'll
get to look at along the way. Good luck!

Poodles - sometimes a staycation can be the most relaxing of all! Hope your pup does well with
the surgery and that you get all your yard work done (a never ending task for us)!

I'm hoping everyone post pictures of their adventures this summer whether it's a trip to Europe or
something more close to home. I enjoy getting to see what everyone is up to!

Thanks! It will be nice. We so seldom get any time alone. Hoping he has vacation days by then too so maybe we can even have a long weekend alone together.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I are finally going on our honeymoon almost ten years later, lol. We are traveling to Costa Rica and renting a car and going to a few different stops. I can hardly way to explore!:geek:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I am not sure how far north we will get but I know we are going to Portland. Driving back east seems like it will be different because everything is closer. Out west you are driving many hours to get someplace. We are staying an hour north of Boston near Portsmouth and that is only 1.5 hours to Portland. I am hoping we get to see a bunch in 5 days. I have never learned how to do a relaxing vacation where you do nothing because I feel guilty if I am not trying to see everything there is to see.

Sounds fun Matata!

whoops should have read the whole thread! Portland is GREAT fun Red.. the waterfront is fun and very busy in the summers.. some cruise ships (although they come in more in the fall for the foliage)... I can drive to portland and have a root beer (or wine) with you..... I'll bring my jewelry (I got a new ring from my aunt, it was my grandmother's art deco engagement ring, small stones but exquisite workmanship!)

Wait, what? Stop the presses! I would love to meet up with you ladies in Portland! May I get in on this?What is LT?

We could have wine, beer and even artisanal sodas at the only artisanal soda house on the planet - Vena's Fizz House! http://venasfizzhouse.com

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait, what? Stop the presses! I would love to meet up with you ladies in Portland! May I get in on this?What is LT?

We could have wine, beer and even artisanal sodas at the only artisanal soda house on the planet - Vena's Fizz House! http://venasfizzhouse.com

i LOVE Vena's! they have cool glasses there - like my parents had in the 50s... I would love to meet up.. so LT is Loupe Troop I think... I think Redwood has an account.. Red is coming in August.. it would be mini meet!! Vena's would be great! so we have to plan it out!

regards!

Kate

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My family and I are driving to Montreal to see the old city. I am so excited as I have never been out of the U.S. From the pictures I have seen it is beautiful.

First time I will be getting a passport and using foreign currency. I have also always wanted to see the Falls from the Canadian side.

Wow! A lot of firsts. Montreal is wonderful!

cheers--Sharon

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably won't excite most of you on these boards since I've seen some lovely posts regarding those with faith but we are very excited to check out the creation museum in Ohio and the life size replica of Noah Ark in Kentucky. It is called the Ark encounter and I hear it's a wonderful experience and I can't wait to see the creation museum and share both with my boys. Our 4.5 yr old loves dinosaurs and boats plus we just got a nice hybrid travel trailer (new to us) that we will be taking along. Not only will it save us a ton of money on travel costs but I have a mini full kitchen kitchen so I can even cook which will save us even more-$ wise and health wise. Its a decent trek from Ontario but we will be visiting both my family as well-so lots to see and do. Stops in St. Louis to see my Aunt, stop in Iowa to see my bio family and a stop in Michigan on the way home to visit my adopted family as well as lots of friends! I can't wait!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably won't excite most of you on these boards since I've seen some lovely posts regarding those with faith but we are very excited to check out the creation museum in Ohio and the life size replica of Noah Ark in Kentucky. It is called the Ark encounter and I hear it's a wonderful experience and I can't wait to see the creation museum and share both with my boys. Our 4.5 yr old loves dinosaurs and boats plus we just got a nice hybrid travel trailer (new to us) that we will be taking along. Not only will it save us a ton of money on travel costs but I have a mini full kitchen kitchen so I can even cook which will save us even more-$ wise and health wise. Its a decent trek from Ontario but we will be visiting both my family as well-so lots to see and do. Stops in St. Louis to see my Aunt, stop in Iowa to see my bio family and a stop in Michigan on the way home to visit my adopted family as well as lots of friends! I can't wait!

That sounds amazing!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vintagelover that sounds very exciting! I have seen the commercials for the Ark Encounter and it looks so wonderful! Have fun on your trip.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results