shape
carat
color
clarity

Any ear pics of 1-2ct studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve searched around pricescope a little bit and haven''t found any pictures of what I''m looking for... Does anyone have ear pictures of 2-3cttw diamonds studs or even something close to that? ... or know of a thread that does have pictures of such an item?

Thanks!
31.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here''s a pic:

1.03 and 1.06 I SI2 (White Flash)
peek-a-boo.2.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here are Sundial''s
2.5 ctw H SI2
upgradesue.JPG

suemartini.JPG

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I own a pair of earrings each of which weighs 1.25 carats, so its total weight would be 2.5 carats...but I never think in terms of its total weight. My earrings are in the safe deposit box because I don''t wear them often. They are far too big for me, really. Are you planning to buy some big earrings? I always advise against it, because I think they are too heavy on the ears!

My .50-carat-each (1 carat tw) pair is ideal for me.

Deb

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissP, have you tried CZ''s in different sizes? Forgive me if you have, but I think personally that''s the best (and probably cheapest) way to get a feel for what will look best on your ears. I have a few pair of studs, several CZ''s set in 14k gold, a few CZ''s set in sterling, and ONE pair of natural diamonds (only .25 ctw) set in 14k because I still can''t decide what size I want! I really need a set of studs set in platinum, because I have a horrible time with allergies when it comes to metals on my ears, but I haven''t been able or willling to suck up the cost factor and just buy them already! It''s so hard to tell from even ear shots on PS what will look right on your own ear, with the size of your face, hairstyle, whatever. Hopefully someone here will pop up with head and neck shots, so you can see...
face1.gif

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the input. About buying... yes and no. Pearlmans has a huge pair of studs for sale and they''re very low grade but I''m intrigued. They''re light brown and somewhat included yet for $2000 I think they''d be fun to wear every once and a while. I regularly wear 12mm pearls and thats why when I started looking for diamonds... I just haven''t been happy with smaller sizes. I have a CZ pair that are 1.5cttw and I feel I could go bigger with out a problem. Its not like I can go out to the store and try on a pair of 3cttw studs. I''m still thinking about it.... I may go to the store and see if I can find some CZs in that size just for reference. Another thing.... I think that I''d treat a pair of cheapo big studs much different than how I''d treat top quality AGS000 studs... does that make any sense?

Thanks everyone and always, your opinions are always welcome!

satelite

Rough_Rock
It''s funny but I was about to do a search for 2.0ct each stone earings as I have a diamond ring 2.06ct that I want
to make into an earing. I have upgraded the diamond for a 3.0ct much better quality so decided to buy another 2.06ct
stone and have 2.0ct earings. twt 4.12cts. I have tried on 4.0ct twt and no problem at all on my ears I think it depends
on the design of the earings and it is important that they sit flat against the ear and not droop down. So I was interested
in your post.
My question is for all the experts how should I set these diamonds? Martini or 4 claw on the corners so that they sit
square? Sorry if I''ve hijaked this thread but I will repost on Rocky Talk. Thanks
Satelite.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is hard for me to decide, too! I currently have a 1.5 ctw pair and I wouldn''t want larger than that. But I am about to upgrade the quality, and I would have to spend $5000 or so to get what I want and stay at that size...which is awful, I think. So I am thinking of going down to maybe .60 each/1.20 ctw. to .70 each/1.40 ctw.

I took my youngest daughter to get her ears pierced Sat., and I took the opportunity to try on some studs to get an idea of sizes. I really did like the half carat (1 ctw.) size for everyday. I liked the .65''s (1.30) as well. I guess Monarch has the right idea...just have every size in CZ''s for whatever mood you''re in that day!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2006 11:01:52 PM
Author: MissPrudential
Thanks for the input. About buying... yes and no. Pearlmans has a huge pair of studs for sale and they''re very low grade but I''m intrigued. They''re light brown and somewhat included yet for $2000 I think they''d be fun to wear every once and a while. I regularly wear 12mm pearls and thats why when I started looking for diamonds... I just haven''t been happy with smaller sizes. I have a CZ pair that are 1.5cttw and I feel I could go bigger with out a problem. Its not like I can go out to the store and try on a pair of 3cttw studs. I''m still thinking about it.... I may go to the store and see if I can find some CZs in that size just for reference. Another thing.... I think that I''d treat a pair of cheapo big studs much different than how I''d treat top quality AGS000 studs... does that make any sense?

Thanks everyone and always, your opinions are always welcome!
I totally understand your dilemma here. If you''re wearing 12mm pearls on a regular basis, you''re used to seeing something larger on your ears, but with your diamond budget you have to go down in color and clarity. I love the color idea, but without seeing the actual stones I would worry about the clarity (you mentioned above they are "promo. quality." Boy do we need some pics, lol! And I think you''re right, you WOULD treat a pair of "cheapo" big studs differently than ideal stones...hmmm...I think I''d still try some CZ''s on for size for a week or so before making a final decision. If you''re worried at all about drooping, I think you can always try to find some of those plastic disks for backs, if you have to, because I agree with other posters on this topic, the bigger you go, the more "droop" you experience. I hope the stones you are looking at work out, though, it seems like you are really attracted to them! Best of luck!
9.gif

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I have some pics and they look okay to me. If someone can help me out I'll post them...

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Can you see the pics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results