shape
carat
color
clarity

Any comments on this stone I am about to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

axjxn

Rough_Rock
Princess Cut GIA certified
2.02 carat
G color
VS2 clarity
sqaure modified 1:1
table 72%
depth 72%
culet none
girdle thin to thick
polish good
symmetry very good
flourence none
no comments
GIA diagram shows very minute marks on four corners of the diamond nothing in middle
priced at 13400.00

Please provide me with info on weather I should buy this stone, get it for cheaper, or anything you would like to say about this or any other diamond I should be looking at. Thank you

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Table is a little large, but should still be ok... Are you able to get a Sarin report?

axjxn

Rough_Rock
what is a sarin report...

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The color, clarity and price are all excellent.

It just depends on how the cut is and the visual impact of the stone.

Have you seen it personally yet? Is it from a dealer who has access to Sarin reports, BrillianceScope reports, and/or IdealScope images?

Those are all helpful in determining the light return performance of the stone, but your final determining factor is always a visual inspection.

If you end up deciding to go with the stone, make the purchase contingent upon it appraising out to your satisfaction with an independent appraiser, and you can't lose.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
A Sarin report gives you all the overall measurements and angles of the stone. GIA reports are missing the crown/pavilion height/angles, which are important ingredients in determining cut quality.

A BrillianceScope report and an IdealScope image both give you a visual idea of the light performance of the stone.

With them, professionals can give you a better idea of how well cut the diamond is, as well as you being able to see for yourself. They're handy tools when shopping for stones sight unseen on the internet.

If your dealer is not an internet dealer, he might not "be into" all these tools. A lot of jewelers and dealers just go by their own experience as to what is a good cut or not.
Usually they're dead on the money, but it's always nice to have some data to back you up.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Ditto on Rich...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results