shape
carat
color
clarity

Any comments on this diamond?

scottycz

Rough_Rock
The crytal looks quite big but according to the representative, it is eye clean. Pleae help me to decide. Thanks a lot

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1287705.asp

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 0.72
Cut: Hearts & Arrows Ideal
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 62.1%
Table: 55.5%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 5.71*5.79*3.57
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.50
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 42.90

slg47

Ideal_Rock
did you ask at what distance it is eye-clean?

the good thing is that if you do get it you would have 60 days to check it out and return.
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1338359.asp
this one also looks promising

ETA I only suggested that one because it is the same vendor, color/clarity/size as your original pick. I would definitely ask JA at what distance they consider the diamond to be eye-clean and if it is eye-clean from all viewing angles (it might be but doesn't hurt to check)

scottycz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. Other than the clarity, do you have any comments on this one? Is it worth to buy. Besides, is the "true hearts" from JA much better than their normal ideal cut? is it comparable to whiteflahs ACA? Thanks a lot!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it looks really nice, if it's clean - ask them to check as slg suggests, and inquire about her pick as well.

whether or not H&A is "better" long and as of yet unresolved debate. Long story short - if having a H&A is important to you then you have found a nice specimen - hearts look nice. Hard to compare brands between vendors - better to compare two stones, and in this case I would say the stone you've chosen has as good a hearts pattern as a WF ACA.

scottycz

Rough_Rock
I just got the reply from James Allen and according to them,

"The diamond just went through a gemologist inspection, where it was deemed to face up icy white and be completely eye clean (eye clean is from 8-10" away from the top only - the gemologists will not grade eye cleanliness from the sides or bottom of the diamond, and will only judge from 8-10" away)! "

is it poosible that the virtual image to be misleading and make the crystal look biger than it is?

thanks a lot for you help!!

scottycz

Rough_Rock
Can anyone help me to decide?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results