shape
carat
color
clarity

Any colored stone "kite" settings out there?

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! :wavey:

I have been given the unique privilege of building my own engagement ring from the wax up :) For some reason during the process of manipulating the jewelers wax into the shape I want, the head that will be used to set my cut corner square brilliant Montana sapphire decided that it wanted to be set in the "kite" style. I've pretty much fallen in love with the idea, but in my internet searches, all I see are princess and the occasional asscher cut diamonds. Does anyone have any kite set colored stones? I'd love to see :)

niter

Rough_Rock
It's a pedant but my sapphire is kite set. Of course, the photo I have loaded does not having it hanging downwards. The stone is a cushion and I will look for a picture with it being worn. Check Etsy and Pinterest for more examples. I found a few googling "kite set _____ (shape of stone).

fullsizerender_128.jpg

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
niter|1469112173|4057940 said:
It's a pedant but my sapphire is kite set. Of course, the photo I have loaded does not having it hanging downwards. The stone is a cushion and I will look for a picture with it being worn. Check Etsy and Pinterest for more examples. I found a few googling "kite set _____ (shape of stone).

fullsizerender_128.jpg

thanks for the info, I tried so many google searches yesterday and i kept getting the same pictures. I tried your suggestion and got better results to feed my obsession until I get to go spend time with my piece later :) Your sapphire is so pretty!!! Thanks for sharing!!

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1469115798|4057956 said:
Here is mine to give you an idea what kite set looks like with a halo. My Electric Blue topaz was set by Victor Canera.
My thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-goes-electric-and-blue.222147/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-goes-electric-and-blue.222147/[/URL]

I remember seeing this picture on one of the other boards and I still can't get enough of it!!! Such a gorgeous piece!! thanks for sharing so I can drool over it all day ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results