shape
carat
color
clarity

Any cheaper settings similar to this Leon Mege?

cameeelia

Rough_Rock
Hello ladies, and men ;-) My boyfriend and I have decided on the type of stone, which will be a modern faceted cushion. If he can't find one in his price range that fits the facets I like, we're going with a RB. Honestly, we're younger so money is a bit a deal. My boyfriend spoke with Leon who gave us an estimate, which was reasonable, but if there are any cheaper alternatives to a setting like this:
r907_073kq9.jpg

please let me know!

Thank you!

cameeelia

Rough_Rock
Thanks for replying! It's very close to the Leon price...hmmm. I'd rather get the Leon Mege ring since the difference is so slight! :O But...I'll ask my boyfriend his opinion on it. Thanks! :)

jsb1976

Rough_Rock
Try giving Whiteflash a call. I have worked with them and the prices are usually very reasonable. Having it made in WG instead of Plat will save you some $$$ as well.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Leon's pricing is reasonable and very close to the other vendors on PS. Hand made and good quality is going to cost close to the same for comparable pieces. I would consider WF or BGD especially if that's where you were getting your stone from.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pricing on a simple solitaire like the Leon one you posted is going to be pretty close across the board. It really comes down to who you want to give business to.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dang, since when are simple solitaires so expensive? I seem to remember, once upon a time, a greater range in prices, with many settings coming in around $300. I realize metal prices have gone up, but a few grams of raw material should only be moving the price by so much.

cameeelia

Rough_Rock
LewLew- That setting is really nice! It is actually more though! :p
minmin001- That was the first setting I wanted actually, but boyfriend and I decided on more of a basket style.

Thank you everyone! It seems the settings are all around the same price so, I think we may end up going with Leon. This ring will be further down the road as we're planning out finances and all...but I can't wait. In the meantime.. I'll be looking at all your lovely rings on PS! :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gold and platinum prices have risen greatly thus increased prices for settings from all of the vendors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results