shape
carat
color
clarity

Any BGD or WF floating necklaces out there?

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I’m looking at getting a floating necklace in rose gold with a natural diamond (.50 ct RB or .75 ct cushion) either bezeled or just fixed in one of these styles and wanted to hear from current owners for the pros and cons.

Does anyone have it in a bezel setting with milgrain?

Does your necklace flip?
If it does, is there a way to keep it from happening? Is it because the stone and setting are too much weight for the necklace?

I currently already have a .65 ct RB in a white gold basket setting like this:

Pictures would be great.

Thanks so much! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts:)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI! I have a .402ct JVVS1 in a Barbara Handmade Bezel from BGD. It's sliding, and, yes, it flips, and there's really no way to prevent it with any of these types of necklaces really, unless you never move, I suppose. I don't wear it often (no surprise to any of the long timers on here), but when I do it kinda sits in the crook of my neck so itll kinda dangle there sometimes and swing, it's both subtle and probably eye catching when it dangles. At first it annoyed me how much it did not lie flat but eventually I just got used to it. I wipe with alcohol once in a while during the day, and clean it after every wear.

Two pics of me wearing it so you can see how it sits, sorry for the boobs. :lol-2: Apparently the last time I wore it was March 2023...the other pic I think was August 2022. IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_6841.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not gonna lie, took me a while to see the pendant because YOU are freaking gorgeous!

Pendant is beautiful too don’t get me wrong :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look gorgeous Ame! Don’t really need any jewelry as you would outshine it all!

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
HI! I have a .402ct JVVS1 in a Barbara Handmade Bezel from BGD. It's sliding, and, yes, it flips, and there's really no way to prevent it with any of these types of necklaces really, unless you never move, I suppose. I don't wear it often (no surprise to any of the long timers on here), but when I do it kinda sits in the crook of my neck so itll kinda dangle there sometimes and swing, it's both subtle and probably eye catching when it dangles. At first it annoyed me how much it did not lie flat but eventually I just got used to it. I wipe with alcohol once in a while during the day, and clean it after every wear.

Two pics of me wearing it so you can see how it sits, sorry for the boobs. :lol-2: Apparently the last time I wore it was March 2023...the other pic I think was August 2022. IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_6841.jpg

Thanks for posting your pics and candid reviews. I was hoping that someone would say it doesn’t flip. My current 4 prong one doesn’t flip , but it slides all over the place and I’m constantly adjusting it, so I guess same principle just different experience.

Thanks for sharing…. you have beautiful eyes. You should wear your necklace more often to enjoy it! :)

Reactions: ame

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Brian Gavin Barbara Martini pendant. The diamond is .8 ct with white gold basket and 16" rose gold chain. It stays centered, never slides around, even though it's not fixed. It doesn't flip entirely, but sometimes kinda hangs down 90 degrees, which is a bit annoying but not a big deal. I think if it were longer this wouldn't happen as often. I usually wear it as a layering piece with my longer pendant, but here are a couple of older pics by itself.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my old WF pendant thread for reference:

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
I have a Brian Gavin Barbara Martini pendant. The diamond is .8 ct with white gold basket and 16" rose gold chain. It stays centered, never slides around, even though it's not fixed. It doesn't flip entirely, but sometimes kinda hangs down 90 degrees, which is a bit annoying but not a big deal. I think if it were longer this wouldn't happen as often. I usually wear it as a layering piece with my longer pendant, but here are a couple of older pics by itself.

PXL_20220407_161107951.jpg

PXL_20220413_192844225.jpg

PXL_20220407_164241434.jpg

Looks lovely on you! I tried on one today in person and it had a jump cable, so I’m wondering if that would be a nice little thing to add so you can wear it shorter on its own or longer when paired with something else. Currently my something else is the Tiffany rose gold mini Paloma open heart rose gold necklace.

Are the pictures of your necklace a good representation of the rose gold color? I’m wondering if BGD’s is similar to Tiffany ? Nice bright warmer gold not coppery.

I need to look at their site for details… I have an ACA that I want to repurpose into a necklace and WF only has limited rose gold options.

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Here is my old WF pendant thread for reference:

Thanks for the link @m-2-b
I think that’s a great idea about going to 1.5 in thick necklace… did you decide on that because of the size of your diamond or just that you liked it to be less delicate for everyday wear?

Loved the pic you shared with the culet barely peeking out… if I get a fixed setting seems like it’s less of an issue but it seems like in the bezel settings it seems like the culet could brush against the skin which would be very uncomfortable.

I wonder if I go with the longer length, if that will minimize the flipping?

Did you wear this as an everyday necklace and not take it off? Also I noticed that you said your old necklace? You don’t have it anymore? Did your tastes change or you repurpose your diamond to something else?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still own this WF diamond pendant and wear it regularly in my rotation of necklaces!

I like the thicker chain based upon my own personal preference. I think the flat base helps to stabilize it better but pendants do move around by nature while wearing them.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
Not gonna lie, took me a while to see the pendant because YOU are freaking gorgeous!

Pendant is beautiful too don’t get me wrong :love:

I was thinking the same thing, beautiful eyes and smile. =)2

• Love
Reactions: ame

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Ame, you are gorgeous! I’m happy that you are so happy these days.

As for pendants, I’ve tried just about every possible solitaire and they’ve all driven me crazy. My favorite setting was the Stuller half bezel but it tilted down all the time. Then I switched to a DBTY style and the cutlet poked me so I had that modified. It was fixed on the chain so it wouldn’t tilt, but then it “walked” up my neck and didn’t sit right. That stone is now in a simple 3 pronged pendant and it tilts to the side. I rarely wear it.

I finally bought a WhiteFlash “Circle of Life” pendant and I love it…wear it all time. It sits perfectly and gives me just the right amount of sparkle. Also, since I wear diamond studs every day, l like that it’s not as matchy matchy.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ame, I realize that we are looking at nothing more than a picture taken in a second of your life and you have shared here that the past few years have been very difficult. The picture above looks like a happy confident beautiful woman. I hope that is how you are feeling now. You deserve every happiness.

Last edited:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
My WF ACA 0.84ct and WF platinum 4-prong setting. At home vs. outside. I do not have any cons to speak. I prefer the fixed one over floating one because I do not need to adjust it. Originally, I had it on 16" and it was flipping a bit but since then I purchased a chain extender and it is fine now. I wear it on either 17" or 18". In the pic, I have it on 18". IMG_7620.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6435.jpg
    IMG_6435.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6446.jpg
    IMG_6446.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Looks lovely on you! I tried on one today in person and it had a jump cable, so I’m wondering if that would be a nice little thing to add so you can wear it shorter on its own or longer when paired with something else. Currently my something else is the Tiffany rose gold mini Paloma open heart rose gold necklace.

Are the pictures of your necklace a good representation of the rose gold color? I’m wondering if BGD’s is similar to Tiffany ? Nice bright warmer gold not coppery.

I need to look at their site for details… I have an ACA that I want to repurpose into a necklace and WF only has limited rose gold options.

Yes, I think the rose gold is comparable to Tiffany's, look at it with my rose gold T ring, not coppery.

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
My WF ACA 0.84ct and WF platinum 4-prong setting. At home vs. outside. I do not have any cons to speak. I prefer the fixed one over floating one because I do not need to adjust it. Originally, I had it on 16" and it was flipping a bit but since then I purchased a chain extender and it is fine now. I wear it on either 17" or 18". In the pic, I have it on 18". IMG_7620.JPG

Nice pictures @daisygirl . I think you’re the 2nd PSer that has the extended. I tried it on with the extension too and I think that might help with the flipping.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting your pics and candid reviews. I was hoping that someone would say it doesn’t flip. My current 4 prong one doesn’t flip , but it slides all over the place and I’m constantly adjusting it, so I guess same principle just different experience.

Thanks for sharing…. you have beautiful eyes. You should wear your necklace more often to enjoy it! :)

You're welcome! I think @Patty summed it up about them kind of all being annoying, there's not a lot you can do to avoid the flipping or sliding or whatever.

Thank you very much! Unlikely to wear more often, just not practical.

You look gorgeous Ame! Don’t really need any jewelry as you would outshine it all!
Thank you MGR!

You are so gorgeous and look happy!!
Thank you, and I am! Took a while!

@ame, You are gorgeous. You have beautiful eyes. Please make an eye make-up tutorial.

Thank you and thank you! I think I've got some still on my blog, if it will load. I haven't updated any of that in a lifetime. I should do an updated one for Insta though.

I was thinking the same thing, beautiful eyes and smile. =)2
Thank you!

Ame, you are gorgeous! I’m happy that you are so happy these days.

As for pendants, I’ve tried just about every possible solitaire and they’ve all driven me crazy. My favorite setting was the Stuller half bezel but it tilted down all the time. Then I switched to a DBTY style and the cutlet poked me so I had that modified. It was fixed on the chain so it wouldn’t tilt, but then it “walked” up my neck and didn’t sit right. That stone is now in a simple 3 pronged pendant and it tilts to the side. I rarely wear it.

I finally bought a WhiteFlash “Circle of Life” pendant and I love it…wear it all time. It sits perfectly and gives me just the right amount of sparkle. Also, since I wear diamond studs every day, l like that it’s not as matchy matchy.
THANK YOU! It's a nigth and day difference, I bet!

And that pendant is awesome...as are your studs. You have just such a great collection.

@ame, I realize that we are looking at nothing more than a picture taken in a second of your life and you have shared here that the past few years have been very difficult. The picture above looks like a happy confident beautiful woman. I hope that is how you are feeling now. You deserve every happiness.
Thank you! Some work to be done on the confidence and all that, but it's been a damn long road, and I am finally pretty happy.

lovetodream

Shiny_Rock
My solitaire is my old engagement ring, so not PS quality, but I wanted to show the shape of your interested in another shape. Mine does not flip - it’s on a 16” chain and floating - I like playing with it I don’t know why it doesn’t flip - either it’s because of the length and where it lays on my neck, the shape, or something else I don’t know. I wear it daily and occasionally to bed.

IMG_6010.jpeg IMG_6010.jpeg

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
My solitaire is my old engagement ring, so not PS quality, but I wanted to show the shape of your interested in another shape. Mine does not flip - it’s on a 16” chain and floating - I like playing with it I don’t know why it doesn’t flip - either it’s because of the length and where it lays on my neck, the shape, or something else I don’t know. I wear it daily and occasionally to bed.

IMG_6010.jpeg IMG_6010.jpeg

Ok thanks for the pictures

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results