shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Australians here ever send jewellery to Canada??

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
I am thinking of having a ring redone but the jeweller that I have my heart set on is in Canada. I’m finding out that sending jewellery to Canada is quite difficult and was hoping for some advice from anyone else who has done it??

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve bought from Canada many times and sold to various international destinations.
The two main issues are
1. tracked and insured shipping to Canada.
I don’t know what value your ring is but Australia Post has insurance limits. You might need to look at FedEx or DHL.
2. the return of the ring.
You will need the vendor to correctly fill out and submit the shipping declaration or you will be up for Customs and GST when it’s returned. It’s not the end of the world but you’ll have to pay all the taxes / fees to get the ring released and then you can apply to the Govt for a refund. The vendor also needs to be able to appropriate insured shipping for return. Shipping from Canada is slow, really slow.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
I’ve bought from Canada many times and sold to various international destinations.
The two main issues are
1. tracked and insured shipping to Canada.
I don’t know what value your ring is but Australia Post has insurance limits. You might need to look at FedEx or DHL.
2. the return of the ring.
You will need the vendor to correctly fill out and submit the shipping declaration or you will be up for Customs and GST when it’s returned. It’s not the end of the world but you’ll have to pay all the taxes / fees to get the ring released and then you can apply to the Govt for a refund. The vendor also needs to be able to appropriate insured shipping for return. Shipping from Canada is slow, really slow.

Ugh how frustrating!!! Might put it on the back burner for now. I dream of a day where I can travel the world and collect diamonds at each stop, putting one ring on each finger and then hopping onto the plane back home. Haha a girl can dream!! :tongue:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results