shape
carat
color
clarity

Any advices in diamond cutting(removing polishing line)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oookie

Rough_Rock
Hi! Everone~~!
I would like to get some help from experts out there.

Well, I am having a difficult time removing polishing line in one of the facet that I am polishing on. Is there any good way to do this?
I tried to use different sizes of diamond powders, and did deeping, but it didn''t work for me.

Any ideas and advices are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
oookie.

PS) I am working on the spindless type, with Bettonville Tang.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/21/2007 4:40:30 AM
Author:oookie
Hi! Everone~~!
I would like to get some help from experts out there.

Well, I am having a difficult time removing polishing line in one of the facet that I am polishing on. Is there any good way to do this?
I tried to use different sizes of diamond powders, and did deeping, but it didn''t work for me.

Any ideas and advices are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
oookie.

PS) I am working on the spindless type, with Bettonville Tang.
Is the polishing line you are trying to polish straight or a bit curved???
Some lines (which are straight) are not removable since they are part of the internal Diamond material itself!!! It may look as a polish line but its not..
And there is no use trying to run after it on the polishing wheel.

Have you created a good polishing area on the wheel??? Try oiling it a bit more...

Good Luck,

oookie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your advice, DiaGem.

Well, it is straight line, and it is not internal or external grain. I am pretty sure it is a polish line.
I tried oil also, and I do have polishing area on my scape(they are separated in three section).
Should I be zeuting as fast as possible? Would it be the only way to do this? Actually, that works a little, but my arm goes crazy though.
If there is other way to do this, please let me know. Thanks.

oookie.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/21/2007 8:18:46 AM
Author: oookie
Thanks for your advice, DiaGem.

Well, it is straight line, and it is not internal or external grain. I am pretty sure it is a polish line.
I tried oil also, and I do have polishing area on my scape(they are separated in three section).
Should I be zeuting as fast as possible? Would it be the only way to do this? Actually, that works a little, but my arm goes crazy though.
If there is other way to do this, please let me know. Thanks.

oookie.
Try droping a drop of oil on both the back legs of the tang..., it will avoid friction (with the table) when zeuting...

He Scores

Shiny_Rock
Simple.

if it''s a cutting line, simply put the facet "on grain".

All the other techniques of oil, motion etc won''t mean a thing if you don''t have the facet on grain.

When you work it, is the facet getting larger? If not, it''s not on grain and you won''t have any sucess. Try a differernt position in relationship to the wheel.

You are talking about cutting a diamond no?

Bill Bray
Diamond Cutter

oookie

Rough_Rock
Thanks again guys.

I am on right grain. I am sure. If it was not the right grain, I would be still blocking.
I am already using grease on both legs. That does help, but still there is a polish line which makes me crazy.
I will try zeuting as fast as I can, and see how it goes.
Thanks for your advices guys.

oookie.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/21/2007 9:12:38 AM
Author: oookie
Thanks again guys.

I am on right grain. I am sure. If it was not the right grain, I would be still blocking.
I am already using grease on both legs. That does help, but still there is a polish line which makes me crazy.
I will try zeuting as fast as I can, and see how it goes.
Thanks for your advices guys.

oookie.
I am not sure it is a polish line...
Which facet are you trying to polish? Is that line you are talking about only on one facet? Or does it cross-over the an adjacent facet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results