shape
carat
color
clarity

Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jellingw

Rough_Rock
First of all - great site! :)) I will definitely recommend this to my friends, who are in similar circumstances.

I'm hoping for some objective feedback on the following diamonds (for an engagement ring), both of which are princess cut, around $6900:

E
VS1
Depth 64.9%
Table 64%
Girdle very thin to medium
good sym/ good polish

D
VVS2
Depth 72.4%
Table 72%
Girdle extremely thin to medium
good sym/ excellent polish

I've also decided on a platinum band. Is there any particular setting that is ideal for showing off the luster of a princess cut diamond (set high or low? Number or type of prongs? Any other tips?).

Thanks! :wavey:

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The E-VS1 will have a larger diameter because it is not as deep as the D VVS2. You must look at both to make your own mind up, but I'd be inclined to take the one that looks larger...E-VS1..

:love:

jellingw

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Dave. Trying to understand the optimum cut for a princess stone is not easy for me. :confused:

jellingw

Rough_Rock
Now that I think about it; any advice on optimum measurements for a princess? Or maybe an optimum range? :loopy:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
We do not even bother putting princess cuts on our Sarin machine.
Most stones we buy are around 1/2 ct and we do not bother with certed stones.
We simply buy on the ideal-scope appearance, which is far better than relying on eyes alone. So unfortunately I am of no help on this one.
I have said to Dave before that I would like to do a princess cut study in conjunction with him one day, but after we finish the round business off.
One thing that would be good would be to record and post the ideal-scope images and proportions of diamonds seen on some sort of bulletin board.
The trouble is all fancies have far more variables than rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results