shape
carat
color
clarity

Any advice would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CFDEngineCo97

Rough_Rock
I have done my research, set my budget, looked at stones on line and in person, and now I think that I am ready to buy. I am working with a local Chicago wholeslaer and have contacts at Whiteflash and GOG (who have been great). After telling the local wholesaler that I was pricing diamonds with these online dealers as well, his prices became much more competitive; however, he also really turned up the sales pressure. I am going to look at the below diamond tomorrow morning. He told me that the below diamond/price is the best that he can do for me (I am looking for a 2+ct Round w/ an excellent cut under $20k), and he can only guarantee the price until tomorrow.

I guess that I am a little uncomfortable with making a decision so quickly after seeing the stone. Can the price of the stone for wholesaler change overnight? Is this a great deal that I should not pass up? I find several similar stones on whiteflash.com that are around the same price, but, all things being even, I would rather knock out the purchase, appraisal & setting locally. Any thoughts generally? on the diamond?

This is the biggest purchase of my life, and I do not want to screw it up.

A GIA Cert Round Brilliant
8.20-8.29x5.20
Carat - 2.08
Color - G
Clarity - SI1
Depth = 61.7
Table = 58
Cutlet - None
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Flouresence - None
Girdle - thin/md faceted
Final Price $19,500

Rob

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Be sure that you understand that, even though you may be working with a wholesaler, the price you pay will be a retail price - by definition.

Also, as to whether or not the price can change quickly?... it can be in the nanosecond range
23.gif
!

Good luck!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 7:56:30 PM
Author:CFDEngineCo97

I have done my research, set my budget, looked at stones on line and in person, and now I think that I am ready to buy. I am working with a local Chicago wholeslaer and have contacts at Whiteflash and GOG (who have been great). After telling the local wholesaler that I was pricing diamonds with these online dealers as well, his prices became much more competitive; however, he also really turned up the sales pressure. I am going to look at the below diamond tomorrow morning. He told me that the below diamond/price is the best that he can do for me (I am looking for a 2+ct Round w/ an excellent cut under $20k), and he can only guarantee the price until tomorrow.
Rob,

1) Read the tutorial for background (above, under Knowledge)
2) All is encouraging, but
3) confirm for yourself, with this admittedly big purchase, that it has the cut qualities you would like
4) although the sellers style and hard pressure may be less than desirable, if you can negotiate the fundamentals, i.e.
5) agree to an eval either before purchase or after (he must have a window during which he will take a return)
6) get it evaluated (either before or after you''ve paid your money...
7) keep it if the eval confirms as you''d like, return if it does not
8) when GIA certs will publish more info in less than a year, this will not be an issue for future people like you and me coming along
9) meanwhile, the price is more than fair, and you will have gotten a good deal
10) but only if it''s cut well; find out to your satisfaction

Best,

CFDEngineCo97

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ira & Gary! I will report back after the viewing. Rob

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results