shape
carat
color
clarity

any advice on this diamond

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is rather a large black crystal on the edge of the table. It may not be eye clean. It is also an example of a 60/60 type of diamond. This type will have more brilliant white light and less rainbow fire. A diamond with more fire is preferred by most PSers. If you are interested in this diamond ask if it is eye clean and at what viewing distance from the diamond.
If you are open to another diamond. Post your budget and desired color and clarity. Many here enjoy helping others select a diamond.

sully

Rough_Rock
Much appreciated!
5-6k
H-I
Vs2-Si1
Excellent cut
HCA on the big scale preferred
thanks

sully

Rough_Rock
opps
approx. - 1.12-1.30

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

sully

Rough_Rock
That is a lot of choices lol
Now to try and narrow it down to the best bang for the dollar.
And size and cut being most important factors
Thank you

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the AGS 000 will definitely have good light performance, and the GIA XXX had filters applied to remove stones that are outside the PS-recommended parameters, so there is a reduced risk of poor performers.

sully

Rough_Rock
@OoohShiny Can I share a video of a diamond with you?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have no facility to Private Message on this forum - please feel free to post the video in the thread, as wiser eyes than mine could also chime in :))

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much appreciated!
HCA on the big scale preferred
thanks
@Garry H (Cut Nut) - may I check if there would be the possibility of adding a column in the search results that shows what the 'Looks Like' rating is?

It could be useful for those seeking spready MRBs, as sully is!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sully - what do you think of one of the 1.33ct stones in the results list?

Looks eye-clean to me in the pictures under the Picture link on that page, but I can't get the videos to load to check if they are visible in motion.

See what you think!

sully

Rough_Rock
Thanks. Will take a look and see if I can post the video I mentioned.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want to maximize spread then a 60/60 style stone will accomplish the goal. This means the table and depth both equal 60% or thereabouts.

The trade-off will be a shallower crown and more bright light return as opposed to the bigger bolder rainbow flashes most people seek.

This is neither good or bad, but rather a preference. It would be my suggestion you look at some stones in person with various proportions to see what YOUR eyes prefer.

If you determine you like this look you can alter the search criteria to include 58-60 tables and 60-61 depth, which will effectively kick back shallow spready stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results