shape
carat
color
clarity

Any advice on selling a Blue Nile diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaylaB

Rough_Rock
Can anyone out there offer me any advice on selling a diamond? I am just an individual who would like to upgrade my diamond. I received it February of this year. The diamond is a Blue Nile 0.80ct, G/VS1 signature round-cut diamond.

The jeweller whom I am dealing with does not take trade-in's. I would ideally like to sell by the end of this year.

Anyone? Thanks!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Does Blue Nile have an upgrade policy? A diamond seller who is not willing to give you a fair price on a nice diamond you do not wish to keep is sticking their head in the sand of reality. You don't need it and if the stone you are buying has "value", then the nice diamond you own ought to have some degree of fair "value", too.

Work out a deal with Blue Nile or some retailer intelligent enough to just play fairly with you and your budget. Even if you don't need the money, you can act as if the trade in has importance to your proceeding with the purchase. You will take a large loss, but you can get it over and done with if you persist. If Blue Nile will work with you, then you might lose a lesser amount.

kaylaB

Rough_Rock

kaylaB

Rough_Rock
That is the main problem. Blue Nile changed their policy some time last year. They found that customers were generally uncomfortable with purchasing a 'used' stone. Therefore, they don't accept upgrades either. The truth is, we would like the money to be put towards the larger stone. Although we were happy with the quality of the Blue Nile stone, we are looking at purchasing a complete ring (setting & stone) from our jeweller.

Any thoughts on selling the stone/ring online? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results