shape
carat
color
clarity

Anxiety!!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I'm feeling a lot of anxiety right now, and can't seem to snap myself out of it. :errrr: It's not a panic attack, I just have that pit-of-my-stomach yucky feeling! Plus, I'm stuck at work for another hour or so and took an hour for lunch, so a real 'break' isn't an option.

I have a big report for a grant due in a week, just got an e-mail from my director that's freaking me out about another funding situation (too much $ is sometimes worse than not enough!), and have yet to ask the IT dept. when my computer can be moved since I'm switching offices (but I'm switching offices so I don't have to stare at the head of IT since our offices are fishbowls and he is always grumpy!). On top of that, I am expecting a package with sparklies in a day or so, so my excitement is mixing with my anxiety. :loopy:

I really just need to go to the gym after work, but I thought I'd vent to PS until I can do that. :tongue:

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
I'm getting this feeling A LOT at the moment... It's like I'm always waiting to go into an exam. Sometimes I can't stop it but what usually helps is giving myself a pep talk. I'm a lot better at calming other people down so I just imagine I'm talking to someone else who is anxious and tell myself the reasons why I shouldn't worry and why everything will be alright. Hope that helps!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breath in slowly through your nose and then out your mouth (repeat). I always tell myself "everything will be ok" while
I'm doing this.

Hopefully the exciting anxiety you are feeling about your jewels in the mail will be over soon and
it will put you in a more relaxed mood.

As far as all the work goes...I would prioritize everything, break it into smaller pieces of work, put due dates on everything
then go talk to your boss if there is no way to get it done in the time you have. Show him your priority/dates
so he knows where you are coming from. Ask for help if you need it (even if you know it cant be provided).

I hope you are feeling stress-free soon.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
JuneRose|1314733271|3005611 said:
I'm getting this feeling A LOT at the moment... It's like I'm always waiting to go into an exam. Sometimes I can't stop it but what usually helps is giving myself a pep talk. I'm a lot better at calming other people down so I just imagine I'm talking to someone else who is anxious and tell myself the reasons why I shouldn't worry and why everything will be alright. Hope that helps!

JuneRose, I may need to try the pep talk idea as the week goes on... I've made a lot of headway on my projects already, so I know I can do it, it's just... a lot. Thanks!!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1314733757|3005620 said:
Breath in slowly through your nose and then out your mouth (repeat). I always tell myself "everything will be ok" while I'm doing this.

Hopefully the exciting anxiety you are feeling about your jewels in the mail will be over soon and
it will put you in a more relaxed mood.

As far as all the work goes...I would prioritize everything, break it into smaller pieces of work, put due dates on everything
then go talk to your boss if there is no way to get it done in the time you have. Show him your priority/dates
so he knows where you are coming from. Ask for help if you need it (even if you know it cant be provided).

I hope you are feeling stress-free soon.

Thanks, tyty! I am definitely prioritizing my workload, I just need to deal with my stressload. :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results