shape
carat
color
clarity

Anxiety about our future? (POLL)

How concerned are you about the near future of our world in general, and your country in particular?

• Very concerned

Votes: 54 62.8%
  • Somewhat concerned

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Not concerned at all

Votes: 11 12.8%

• Total voters

Betty Baguettes

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure how to close/end the poll, but guess I'll call it at 81 total votes:

61.7% Very Concerned
24.7% Somewhat Concerned
13.6% Not Concerned At All

I really envy the 11 complete optimists. Seriously :mrgreen:-->

1668380999452.png

Brookzo

Rough_Rock
as an example i needed cinamon this week
its usually $2 to $2.10 but it was $2.50
now i know thats a small and really an unessental item - but also how is that 10% inflation
frozen veg which i buy a lot of has all gone up =frozen spinach used to be $2 and now its $3.50
green beans similar
ok we shouldnt be eatting hot chips but frozen oven fries were always also $2 and are now closer to $4
and i buy the store brand of all those items
i sometimes think someone is taking the pi**
dont start me on meat
or cat food especially the cat biscuits (kibble)

Inflation makes me worried a lot lately, feels like I'm only able to buy a half of what I've used to for the same money compared to last year... Probably a lot more subjective with all the buzz, but hell if it's not concerning.
Heck, even some prices of specialized gear went up - was shopping for some waders and fishing rods at https://gritroutdoors.com/ ( nearby outdoor store, always had good prices) and stuff went way higher compared to last time...

Yeah, some prices went WAAAAY over what expected increase was. On a good note, at least I dropped some of the junk food 'cause I ain't paying THIS much for it :D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, some prices went WAAAAY over what expected increase was. On a good note, at least I dropped some of the junk food 'cause I ain't paying THIS much for it :D

thats whats good about online grocery shopping
you just dont see it unless you go looking for it
and even if i get tempted i just empty it out of my cart before i pay
no standing at the checkout with all those chocolate impulse buys with in reach

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
feeling slightly better than yesterday regarding that missle in Poland - not that that is any consolation to the victims families :(2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results